Kelly Basketball 2015/16

JMAY88

You know teams are running from that tournament. The officiating is terrible, unless your Ozen or Central. Darn Bmt Chapter /:  It wouldn't surprise me if the YMBL went away in the next year or two.   

We were playing Ozen in the shootout last weekend and I have a very interesting exchange with an official. I sent a kid to the scorers table to sub in. The kid was at the table kneeling down before Ozen was to shoot a free throw. I wasn't coaching, but was sitting at the scorers table. I called out "sub" and the official turned and looked at the kid. Then he turned around and signaled for the other ref to give the shooter the ball. When I asked why we didn't get the sub, he said, "It has to come from the officials at the scorers table." Mrs. Boyd looked at me and said she hadn't called for a sub all day. I thought officials were trained to just look at the table from time to time and if they SEE a sub there, to bring him in. I'm I wrong? Either way, this guy was just being a jackass during a FALL tournament. Get real. Its not about you...its about the game and players.

Any News coming out of Kelly basketball about Chris May.I Watch this kid in Dallas and he put on a show with the 3 ball. He young but can flat out shoot if I remember correctly he 7 in a row.

Yes Chris is progressing well. With after school practices just starting this week, we will get to see how the freshmen pick up the system and play against our 4 returning All District starters. 

Today was the first day of school at Kelly. We have 4 returning Varsity starters...three Juniors (6'2 Cannon Broussard - Nederland) 5'10 John Kraemer - Beaumont and 5'11 Tevin Baker - Port Arthur) and one Sophomore (6'2 Jomard Valsin - Port Arthur). Add to that returning Sophomore (5'11 Jakobee Dill) who was our 6th man last year. We added a Junior that transferred from Central (6'3 Dareiyus Richard). Freshman 6'3 Kevin Dotson (Nabbed from Central) may get some Varsity time this year and should really help us. I might add, 6 of those 7 players played in our Defenders organization :)

didn't know little Kevin ended up at kelly.  His family's good people.