Central RB Devwah Whaley limits offers down to 5 teams ...

Texas A&M!!!!

​other than C-Mike with one yr under Swaggy K what A&M RB has had some success moving forward? I can name several before the Swagcopter landed, I can also name a couple that will after this season at Arkansas. You cant trust having success at UT, Georgia is loaded at RB and Oklahoma has had RBs transfer outta there and/or get injured while there. Arkansas has the biggest oline and best oline imo in the Nation as far as playing the game on the college level. There is a reason Williams and Collins had great seasons last yr, Whaley could be the next, if he wants to. 

​other than C-Mike with one yr under Swaggy K what A&M RB has had some success moving forward? I can name several before the Swagcopter landed, I can also name a couple that will after this season at Arkansas. You cant trust having success at UT, Georgia is loaded at RB and Oklahoma has had RBs transfer outta there and/or get injured while there. Arkansas has the biggest oline and best oline imo in the Nation as far as playing the game on the college level. There is a reason Williams and Collins had great seasons last yr, Whaley could be the next, if he wants to. 

Very good non-biased explanation...  I wonder if the Arkansas coaches told him that when they contacted him.... Mr. Whaley would probably be sold....

Out of all his choices, A&M should be the next one he draws a line through.  I'm a Longhorn fan but Georgia has done good with running backs here lately.  Plus school mate Toe Toe is on campus there.  Like Buddy said, Arkansas is not a bad choice and in my opinion neither is Oklahoma.  But why not the Longhorns?  Plus his teammate PJ Locke is on campus there...

Soulja, a used car salesman doesn't have anything on a college recruiter!!!

Out of all his choices, A&M should be the next one he draws a line through.  I'm a Longhorn fan but Georgia has done good with running backs here lately.  Plus school mate Toe Toe is on campus there.  Like Buddy said, Arkansas is not a bad choice and in my opinion neither is Oklahoma.  But why not the Longhorns?  Plus his teammate PJ Locke is on campus there...

Ohh wow!

Edited by BMTSoulja1

​I think the line is already drawn through A&M. It's probably really down to UT and OU. I think Arkansas is a perfect for what Whaley does well, he has more raw ability than I saw out of Williams when he was at Allen for sure. Arky is probably the school recruiting him the hardest too due to need.

At the beginning of the process I think he was an Aggie lean but I think he sees that even though they have a solid 0-line A&M's system isn't really conducive to feature backs. Oddly enough it's probably the school he could start at as a true freshman though, depending on how Ford looks. While I believe he's going to OU or Texas, they're the two schools on his list that have young back he would have to wait behind.

​I think the line is already drawn through A&M. It's probably really down to UT and OU. I think Arkansas is a perfect for what Whaley does well, he has more raw ability than I saw out of Williams when he was at Allen for sure. Arky is probably the school recruiting him the hardest too due to need.

At the beginning of the process I think he was an Aggie lean but I think he sees that even though they have a solid 0-line A&M's system isn't really conducive to feature backs. Oddly enough it's probably the school he could start at as a true freshman though, depending on how Ford looks. While I believe he's going to OU or Texas, they're the two schools on his list that have young back he would have to wait behind.

​I agree, the way A&M runs their system doesn't bode well for feature backs.  I would stay away from UT as well for the same reason with their past history of having really good backs but not using them correctly. (I know , they have a new coach) but they still have Gray and seem to do running back by committee.  Arkansas seems to be the best choice

​I agree, the way A&M runs their system doesn't bode well for feature backs.  I would stay away from UT as well for the same reason with their past history of having really good backs but not using them correctly. (I know , they have a new coach) but they still have Gray and seem to do running back by committee.  Arkansas seems to be the best choice

​I think UT gives their back every opportunity to be the guy, nobody has taken the reigns since Charles left though. Gray is great, but remember that Bergeron actually beat him out when he was there. I think Gray is a lot like all those 4 star backs Katy wins state championships with but never do anything in college. That's why I like to watch the film myself and do my own evaluations instead of just going off the star ratings.

Georgia has Chubb, who was freshman last year. Wouldn't get much PT for a couple of years Georgia. Arkansas would be a good fit for him and I'm a LSU fan. Lol

​You're always going to play at least two backs though. If you're an LSU fan you know next year Fournette is supposed to be the man, he'll still probably only get 60% of the carries if he can stay healthy though. Meaning that as much as LSU runs the ball there's still probably 300 carries left to go around. Chubb is the only proven back at Georgia right now and if nobody emerges this year Whaley could play there early behind him, plus Chubb is probably going to leave after his junior year.

Texas and OU already have back that do exactly what Whaley does, and do it better which is why he would wait at those places. Tristan Houston, Duke Catalon, and Chris Warren will all be freshmen at Texas next year while Donta Foreman will just be a sophomore. OU has Samaje Perine who rushed for over 1700 yards as a true freshman, but I still don't think he's better than Joe Mixon who will be a freshman next year and is listed as Perine's backup on the two-deep. Add to that mix Katy's Rodney Anderson who is coming off three consecutive title game appearances and a nearly 7000 yards prep career and you have another log jam at running back. I would say Whaley could beat all these guys out but his film says otherwise.

​You're always going to play at least two backs though. If you're an LSU fan you know next year Fournette is supposed to be the man, he'll still probably only get 60% of the carries if he can stay healthy though. Meaning that as much as LSU runs the ball there's still probably 300 carries left to go around. Chubb is the only proven back at Georgia right now and if nobody emerges this year Whaley could play there early behind him, plus Chubb is probably going to leave after his junior year.

Texas and OU already have back that do exactly what Whaley does, and do it better which is why he would wait at those places. Tristan Houston, Duke Catalon, and Chris Warren will all be freshmen at Texas next year while Donta Foreman will just be a sophomore. OU has Samaje Perine who rushed for over 1700 yards as a true freshman, but I still don't think he's better than Joe Mixon who will be a freshman next year and is listed as Perine's backup on the two-deep. Add to that mix Katy's Rodney Anderson who is coming off three consecutive title game appearances and a nearly 7000 yards prep career and you have another log jam at running back. I would say Whaley could beat all these guys out but his film says otherwise.

​UGA always has a crowded backfield, right now its Chubb, Marshall, Douglas, Michel, Turman and I believe an incoming freshman last name Crowder. I haven't even peeped at who they're bringing in on the 2016 class. Marshall is a SR though. 

​UGA always has a crowded backfield, right now its Chubb, Marshall, Douglas, Michel, Turman and I believe an incoming freshman last name Crowder. I haven't even peeped at who they're bringing in on the 2016 class. Marshall is a SR though.

​The only kid he for sure wouldn't beat out is Chubb. Sonny Michel is probably going to back him up, not sure who the other guys are or have seen film on them. In those SEC run games Whaley's downhill style can produce that 5 ypc average with the right offensive line which is why I think he's perfect for Arkansas too. A lot of the SEC backs come in rated high because they dominate in rural areas that would be equivalent to our 3A or 4A, once they get on campus it's a different story.

​The only kid he for sure wouldn't beat out is Chubb. Sonny Michel is probably going to back him up, not sure who the other guys are or have seen film on them. In those SEC run games Whaley's downhill style can produce that 5 ypc average with the right offensive line which is why I think he's perfect for Arkansas too. A lot of the SEC backs come in rated high because they dominate in rural areas that would be equivalent to our 3A or 4A, once they get on campus it's a different story.

​i agree, my personal opinion would be to go to UGA, I just think they're gonna be to loaded there, but the reason I say UGA is if Mark Richt doesn't pull a Mark Richt he could play for a SEC title every year, SEC East is weak, the only team right now you have to worry about is Tennessee & possibly Mizzou going forward. Non-bias: go to Arkansas, better oline, perfect situation for personal success, the only downside is the SEC West is no joke, tough to make it to ATL. 

I'm just glad to see him and 12 of his teammates have the opportunity to further their education and play football.  Kids like Whaley and Locke somewhat expose themselves with their talent and the offers come pouring in but for others the coaches along with parents have to put in work.  I don't know how many off the 2013 received scholarships but with 12 off the 2014 team and 6 on the 2015 team having offers to play at various levels before the season starts, something is being done right on 88 Jaguar drive.  

I'm just glad to see him and 12 of his teammates have the opportunity to further their education and play football.  Kids like Whaley and Locke somewhat expose themselves with their talent and the offers come pouring in but for others the coaches along with parents have to put in work.  I don't know how many off the 2013 received scholarships but with 12 off the 2014 team and 6 on the 2015 team having offers to play at various levels before the season starts, something is being done right on 88 Jaguar drive.  

​Well Said!