Any of you nutjobs agree with this republican?

westend1

I do believe that we as a nation are coming under the judgment of God and abortion is part of the cause of Divine wrath.

This is the hidden content, please

Does God Judge Nations Today?

But what about judgment on nations today? What about America as a whole? Are there biblical pointers to how God deals with nations today?

First, the Bible portrays God as sovereign over the nations and ruling them for his purposes. This includes ethnic peoples as well as the political states that emerge around them: “Kingship belongs to the Lᴏʀᴅ, and he rules over the nations” (

).

Second, the Bible portrays God’s relation to nations as tolerating sin up to a point, and then bringing calamity. God said to Abram that his descendants would spend 400 years in a foreign land as slaves (

). Then God would “bring judgment on the nation that they serve” (
). Why such a long delay before God gave the promised land to Israel? God answers, “Because the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete” (
).

In other words, there was a level of corruption that would be reached among the nations of the promised land that would justify God’s judgment on them when Israel returned from Egypt.

So God taught his people not to say, “It is because of my righteousness that the Lᴏʀᴅ has brought me in to possess this land.” Rather, “it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lᴏʀᴅ is driving them out before you” (

).

Third, numerous texts in the Bible mention the kinds of iniquity God has in mind when he says, “the wickedness of these nations.” Judgment to Israel and other nations is threatened for arrogant hearts (

), idolatry (
), bribery (
), extortion (
), and the oppression of the poor (
).

Probably no more believe her opinion on religion (which is at least plausible from a theology standpoint) than believe Democrat Hank Johnson's belief that the island of Guam might capsize due to too many people (which is not possible in any realm and is ludicrous) or Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee saying that the two Vietnams live side by side in harmony and it is a good thing we won the war (which is straight out of lala land). 

One is a congresswoman from CA which has no bearing on any of us that is not living in CA and was expressing a religious belief that God can punish people. The other two vote on laws that have a bearing on every person living in the USA and beyond and expressed sheer stupidity. 

I think they are all goofy but make the call on which is worse, the religious zealot that believes everything has a cause or two complete idiots. 

Probably no more believe her opinion on religion (which is at least plausible from a theology standpoint) than believe Democrat Hank Johnson's belief that the island of Guam might capsize due to too many people (which is not possible in any realm and is ludicrous) or Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee saying that the two Vietnams live side by side in harmony and it is a good thing we won the war (which is straight out of lala land). 

One is a congresswoman from CA which has no bearing on any of us that is not living in CA and was expressing a religious belief that God can punish people. The other two vote on laws that have a bearing on every person living in the USA and beyond and expressed sheer stupidity. 

I think they are all goofy but make the call on which is worse, the religious zealot that believes everything has a cause or two complete idiots. 

If it is plausible that God is causing problems, then I guess he could flip Guam over.  God's wrath for putting too many people on there, I guess.

I do believe that we as a nation are coming under the judgment of God and abortion is part of the cause of Divine wrath.

Does God Judge Nations Today?

But what about judgment on nations today? What about America as a whole? Are there biblical pointers to how God deals with nations today?

First, the Bible portrays God as sovereign over the nations and ruling them for his purposes. This includes ethnic peoples as well as the political states that emerge around them: “Kingship belongs to the Lᴏʀᴅ, and he rules over the nations” (

).

Second, the Bible portrays God’s relation to nations as tolerating sin up to a point, and then bringing calamity. God said to Abram that his descendants would spend 400 years in a foreign land as slaves (

). Then God would “bring judgment on the nation that they serve” (
). Why such a long delay before God gave the promised land to Israel? God answers, “Because the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete” (
).

In other words, there was a level of corruption that would be reached among the nations of the promised land that would justify God’s judgment on them when Israel returned from Egypt.

So God taught his people not to say, “It is because of my righteousness that the Lᴏʀᴅ has brought me in to possess this land.” Rather, “it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lᴏʀᴅ is driving them out before you” (

).

Third, numerous texts in the Bible mention the kinds of iniquity God has in mind when he says, “the wickedness of these nations.” Judgment to Israel and other nations is threatened for arrogant hearts (

), idolatry (
), bribery (
), extortion (
), and the oppression of the poor (
).

HISTORY OF ABORTION
Over several centuries and in different cultures, there is a rich history of women helping each other to abort. Until the late 1800s, women healers in Western Europe and the U.S. provided abortions and trained other women to do so, without legal prohibitions.

The State didn't prohibit abortion until the 19th century, nor did the Church lead in this new repression. In 1803, Britain first passed antiabortion laws, which then became stricter throughout the century. The U.S. followed as individual states began to outlaw abortion. By 1880, most abortions were illegal in the U.S., except those ``necessary to save the life of the woman.'' But the tradition of women's right to early abortion was rooted in U.S. society by then; abortionists continued to practice openly with public support, and juries refused to convict them.