2015 Houston Astros.

I remember looking at the Astros stats earlier in year when they had their huge lead in the standings, and just about everyone except for Altuve was batting .230 or lower.  I didn't think they could sustain their lead hitting like that, and it's finally coming back to bite them.  That being said, they're still very much in this race, and they're ahead of schedule.  It was supposed to be another year or two before they were going to be in pennant races.  Astros fans have a lot to look forward to over the next several years with the offensive core and pitching staff that they've put together. 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I hate to say this, the Astros are probably done. Even though their remaining six games are against bad teams, they are all on the road and the Astros are awful on the road. I say 3-3 at best and that's not going to get it done. I hope I am wrong and they go 6-0 or 5-1. If they can do one of those two, they might win the division.

• 1 month later...