A questior for Enlightened since you claim to be social liberal

stevenash

Do you find anything hypocritical about the left, when it comes to abortion, insisting that a woman has the right to do with her body as she wishes and simultaenously being vociferously insistent on requiring vaccinations? ( for the record, I support vaccinations)

Two different categories. Abortion affects three people (mother, father, and potential child). Vaccinations, more specifically the lack of vaccinations, affect the entire country.

I don't feel comfortable comparing abortion to vaccines. Here's my stances on both - interpret it how you want

Abortion - Not a big fan of it.. But sometimes it's probably the best option (rape, birth defects, extremely low IQ parents)

Vaccines - I support vaccinations. I'm not sure how I feel about forced vaccinations. I do believe they should be required if you let your kid go to public schools, daycare, etc.

I don't feel comfortable comparing abortion to vaccines. Here's my stances on both - interpret it how you want

Abortion - Not a big fan of it.. But sometimes it's probably the best option (rape, birth defects, extremely low IQ parents)

Vaccines - I support vaccinations. I'm not sure how I feel about forced vaccinations. I do believe they should be required if you let your kid go to public schools, daycare, etc.

You just wiped out 80% of the population :wacko:

Skins- if its the governments job to protect the people, I would ask you a couple of more questions:  Should all people be forced to get the flu vaccine?   I think we all know that salt and sugar are both bad for you-should the government have a say in whether you can consume these items or a say on how much one can have? Should the government protect people ( save their lives) by making laws/rules/regulations against obesity?

Skins- if its the governments job to protect the people, I would ask you a couple of more questions: Should all people be forced to get the flu vaccine? I think we all know that salt and sugar are both bad for you-should the government have a say in whether you can consume these items or a say on how much one can have? Should the government protect people ( save their lives) by making laws/rules/regulations against obesity?

The people is different than the person.

The flu shot I'm for, especially in public schools and the like. If you don't get the flu shot you could very well get me and anybody else sick.

None of the other stuff have anything to do with the people, you being obese does not affect me in any way.

Skins- if its the governments job to protect the people, I would ask you a couple of more questions:  Should all people be forced to get the flu vaccine?   I think we all know that salt and sugar are both bad for you-should the government have a say in whether you can consume these items or a say on how much one can have? Should the government protect people ( save their lives) by making laws/rules/regulations against obesity?

Flu and obesity not comparable IMO. Being around an obese person cant kill me but being around someone with the flu can. 

I think men should have an "opt out" clause where they don't have to pay child support, but they have 30 days after birth to declare it. Obviously this situation would be for one night stand type pregnancies where the two mates are obviously not going to work out. No child support = no visitation either, if one day ole Johnny decides to re enter the kids life.

Or if one of these crazy women lie about being on the pill. Men get the shaft in family courts hard.. Someone make a topic on this lol

I think men should have an "opt out" clause where they don't have to pay child support, but they have 30 days after birth to declare it. Obviously this situation would be for one night stand type pregnancies where the two mates are obviously not going to work out. No child support = no visitation either, if one day ole Johnny decides to re enter the kids life.

Or if one of these crazy women lie about being on the pill. Men get the shaft in family courts hard.. Someone make a topic on this lol

We need a pill........