Free Agents

DALLAS COWBOYS:

Please add to the list if I have left anyone off.

Jerry on keeping both Dez and Murray

“Is it possible? Yes,” Jones said. “But if you just look at it from the standpoint of dollars and cents, it probably doesn’t look reasonable.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/01/15/jerry-jones-“probably-doesn’t-look-reasonable”-retain-both-dez-and-murray

I think you have to pay Dez and let Murray walk. RB's are a lot easier to replace than maybe the best receiver in the league. Romo got paid so keep Dez to help him out. Dallas can get one of the top college running backs in the late first round or 2nd for way cheaper than Murray.

Jerry on keeping both Dez and Murray

“Is it possible? Yes,” Jones said. “But if you just look at it from the standpoint of dollars and cents, it probably doesn’t look reasonable.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/01/15/jerry-jones-“probably-doesn’t-look-reasonable”-retain-both-dez-and-murray

I think you have to pay Dez and let Murray walk. RB's are a lot easier to replace than maybe the best receiver in the league. Romo got paid so keep Dez to help him out. Dallas can get one of the top college running backs in the late first round or 2nd for way cheaper than Murray.

yup. any warm body can get 1000 yards behind that line if dallas keeps running consistently, and will likely fumble less than murray to boot. there are only maybe four WRs in the league who can do what dez does (Green, Julio, Megatron, Dez), and you can't replace him.

• Dez Bryant- WR  (Pay Him)
  • DeMarco Murray- RB (You can not fault him for chasing the green)
  • Jermy Parnell- RT  (He might be going to the Redskins)
  • Doug Free- RT  (Something tells me he wants to stay and will take less money)
  • Bruce Carter- OLB  (Talk about a spaz who makes plays, would not be disappointed to see him back but he is IMO low on the priority list)
  • Justin Durant- OLB  We can get him on the cheap
  • Anthony Spencer- DE  Him or Slevie for the minimum if they stay 
  • Rolando McClain- ILB  Would like to see him stay at Middle and Sean Lee at the WLB!!
  • George Selvie- DE  Him or Spencer for the minimum if they stay 
  • Nick Hayden- DT- He is coming back I would imagine he has loyalty to Maranelli 
  • Dwayne Harris- WR/KR--Harris and Cam Lawernce are two important under the radar guys
  • Sterling Moore- CB- We might not resign him but he could end up on the team once the season starts. 
  • Tyler Clutts- FB- â€‹If the minimum pay rate is doable then he could be back. 
  • C.J. Spillman- S--He gone
  • Tony Hills- LT- Just a guy on the team, wish I could be just a guy on the team
  • Cameron Lawrence - LB--Harris and Cam Lawernce are two important under the radar guys

Here's an updated list:

Unrestricted Free Agent:

Pos.

James Anderson

LB

Dez Bryant

WR

Bruce Carter

ILB

Tyler Clutts

FB

Justin Durant

OLB

Doug Free

RT

Dwayne Harris

WR

Nick Hayden

DT

Tony Hills

T

Henry Melton

DT

Rolando McClain

ILB

DeMarco Murray

RB

Jermey Parnell

RT

George Selvie

DE

Anthony Spencer

DE

CJ Spillman

S

Restricted Free Agent:

Pos.

Status

Cole Beasley

WR

Lance Dunbar

RB

Chris Jones

P

Sterling Moore

CB

Exclusive Rights Free Agent:

Pos.

Status

Cameron Lawrence

OLB

Ronald Leary

LG

Darrion Weems

OL

I knew JJ would let Murray go. The problem I have with that is he thinks anyone can run behind that line for cheaper. If so, why did he keep Emmitt Smith and the triplets intact?

They likely would have Gordon or Abdullah available when they draft. Or pick up AP as people have suggested. All of which would be a LOT cheaper. RBs are easier to get than an elite wide out like Dez. With a lot shorter shelf life obviously.

I knew JJ would let Murray go. The problem I have with that is he thinks anyone can run behind that line for cheaper. If so, why did he keep Emmitt Smith and the triplets intact?

Kept him too long. Hurt them later with cap space. Early on it was about the superstars and marketing those three. JJ learned ftom his mistakes??? Hopefully.

They likely would have Gordon or Abdullah available when they draft. Or pick up AP as people have suggested. All of which would be a LOT cheaper. RBs are easier to get than an elite wide out like Dez. With a lot shorter shelf life obviously.

Yes, I just happen to like the way Murray runs. Reminds me of Marcus Allen. All we will hear if they sign AP, is how he beat his kid. I will get sick of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...