2015 Texas A&M Aggies.

king

Big pickup for some much needed depth at QB

@Aggie_Sports: Blinn QB Jake Hubenak announced via twitter today that he's coming to Texas A&M. Hubenak, from Georgetown, has 3 years eligibility left

He is a nice pick up. Would plug in nicely to that offense. May never play but if the injury bug hits, not a bad guy to have to step in.

Now HE can run a fast paced offense. I seen it with my own eyes.

Many of us did...I know many D-1 schools tend to shy away from JUCO players but I don't see why more schools weren't fighting over this guy. Still had one more year of eligibility left at Blinn so maybe they wanted to see more...but my God in 8 games he threw 49 TDs and averaged OVER 500 yards a game through the air

Many of us did...I know many D-1 schools tend to shy away from JUCO players but I don't see why more schools weren't fighting over this guy. Still had one more year of eligibility left at Blinn so maybe they wanted to see more...but my God in 8 games he threw 49 TDs and averaged OVER 500 yards a game through the air

6'3", 195 lbs. Needs some weight, but what's the catch? Why was he even at a JUCO? Something's not adding up here.

6'3", 195 lbs. Needs some weight, but what's the catch? Why was he even at a JUCO? Something's not adding up here.

Tore his ACL as a junior in HS...took his team to the SC game as a senior having his only loss in HS there (19-1)...went to OK St. as a walk-on (missing his Jr. year hurt his recruitment) where he took a RS, then transferred to Blinn and now A&M.

• 1 month later...

The SEC released the schedule for the first 3 weeks.

Week1- Arizona St vs A&M(Houston) 6pm on ESPN 

Week2- Ball State at A&M 6pm on ESPNU

Week3- Nevada at A&M 11am on SECN

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-releases-kickoff-times-for-season-first-3-weeks/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is the hidden content, please

Interesting move. He's the fastest player on the team. Could be a great move for his future in the NFL.

Pretty boring practices so far.  No players have quit and everyone that signed a LOI is on campus, so there hasn't been much to talk about.

One interesting player of note is RB Brandon Williams switching to corner.  He's been the best athlete on the team for a few years while splitting time in the backfield.  Originally when A&M discussed moving him to db, it was supposed to be a part time role.  Chavis spoke very highly of him after practice yesterday.  He still has to learn the position, but 6'1 200lb corners that run low 4.2's have nfl scouts taking notice.  Many people having him starting at corner at this point in camp.  

Pretty boring practices so far.  No players have quit and everyone that signed a LOI is on campus, so there hasn't been much to talk about.

One interesting player of note is RB Brandon Williams switching to corner.  He's been the best athlete on the team for a few years while splitting time in the backfield.  Originally when A&M discussed moving him to db, it was supposed to be a part time role.  Chavis spoke very highly of him after practice yesterday.  He still has to learn the position, but 6'1 200lb corners that run low 4.2's have nfl scouts taking notice.  Many people having him starting at corner at this point in camp.  

Why would anyone quit those rap filled, cake walk practices. Plus, everyone gets ice cream.

And of course they all made it on campus. It's aTm and the SEC- not that hard to qualify.

@sportingnews: Texas A&M's offensive coordinator said QB Kyler Murray plays "very similar" to Johnny Manziel.

We knew this already though. 

I guess we will soon see his "Drunk at Northgate" photos.

From the chief:
"The third year of me being the coordinator at Tennessee, we won an SEC championship, the fourth year we played for and won a national championship. LSU, the fourth year, we played for a national championship. We are as talented now as when I was at Tennessee or when I went to LSU. We will be improved, there's no question about that. It's not a lack of talent. We have work to do, but we have talent that fits places in our scheme."

From the chief:
"The third year of me being the coordinator at Tennessee, we won an SEC championship, the fourth year we played for and won a national championship. LSU, the fourth year, we played for a national championship. We are as talented now as when I was at Tennessee or when I went to LSU. We will be improved, there's no question about that. It's not a lack of talent. We have work to do, but we have talent that fits places in our scheme."

*yawn*