SECond to none

team first

You still trying to preach that SEC non-conference line.

So let's look at the Big 2 (Baylor and TCU) non-conference schedule for this year will we.

SMU (both teams), SFA, Lamar and Rice.

Not exactly loaded with powerhouse programs is it?

If it's a relevant sermon, you keep preaching it. 

John 8:7

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

Maybe just Maybe you should listen to his advice!  In this discussion it appears to me that your team (a Big 12 member) has no room to "throw stones" at the SEC - In my opinion.

When the Big 12 programs continue to schedule cupcakes like SFA, Lamar, Georgia Southern , Liberty, UNI, Toledo, Central Arkansas, Rice, Texas-San Antonio, Akron, South Dakota State, UTEP (which by the way several of the SEC teams play teams off this list as well), Kansas, Iowa State and others ...... I would equate that to throwing stones.

Opppppps - sorry should have left Kansas and Iowa State off that list - while cupcakes that are on the conference schedule.

Maybe just Maybe you should listen to his advice!  In this discussion it appears to me that your team (a Big 12 member) has no room to "throw stones" at the SEC - In my opinion.

When the Big 12 programs continue to schedule cupcakes like SFA, Lamar, Georgia Southern , Liberty, UNI, Toledo, Central Arkansas, Rice, Texas-San Antonio, Akron, South Dakota State, UTEP (which by the way several of the SEC teams play teams off this list as well), Kansas, Iowa State and others ...... I would equate that to throwing stones.

Opppppps - sorry should have left Kansas and Iowa State off that list - while cupcakes that are on the conference schedule.

I don't recall anyone that supports Texas or any Big XII team ever suggesting that they are a superior conference in any way. You would say "It's because the Big XII-2 or Big 2" is not a superior conference. However true that may be, it's not relevant.

I could care less about other schools in the Big XII. As a matter of fact, most fans of Big XII schools support their university and NOT the conference. If the Big XII shut down operations TODAY, Texas would be no better or no worse than they are right now. 

Change is taking place in Austin. To quote Selena Kyle:

"There's a storm coming. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

Kind of like Vandy and Kentucky?  And I'm not trying to open any wounds, just because A&M recently finished the season tied with cupcake Vandy in the conference standings....

But, for those of us not in a remedial minded conference and who are concerned with our own team, I think Notre Dame, Cal and Rice is a respectable enough non-conference schedule.  And will have Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Arkansas, Ohio State and/or Michigan on the schedule over the next decade or so....

since we're using time machines, are we allowed to go back 10 years or is 3 years the limit?  I get confused

Your call. The last 3 years there has only been 1 meaningful game between OSU/Oregon and the SEC. 

Overall Oregon is 4-5 (0-1) bowl games and Ohio State is 5-11-1 (2-10) bowl games

0-3 in National Championship games. 

Back to back embarrassments for Ohio State after getting routed by Florida 41-14 and LSU 38-24, both of which Ohio State came in as the #1 ranked team. (Man their schedule must have really been something those years)

Also Oregon came in as the higher ranked team when LSU beat them 40-27 to start off the season in 2011. 

Must I go on? 

Your call. The last 3 years there has only been 1 meaningful game between OSU/Oregon and the SEC. 

Overall Oregon is 4-5 (0-1) bowl games and Ohio State is 5-11-1 (2-10) bowl games

0-3 in National Championship games. 

Back to back embarrassments for Ohio State after getting routed by Florida 41-14 and LSU 38-24, both of which Ohio State came in as the #1 ranked team. (Man their schedule must have really been something those years)

Also Oregon came in as the higher ranked team when LSU beat them 40-27 to start off the season in 2011. 

Must I go on? 

how is that Delorean driving?  You might stop off in Columbus, Ohio and visit the NC trophy on your journey.   The same trophy tOSU won after b**** slapping Bama in the playoffs...

Or does your memory cut off 3 years ago?

If any two teams play for the national title and neither is from the sec, then these two teams are second to none. Pretty simple really.

also, funny how there is always a Texas vs. the world comment even when the thread is about the sec being second to none. I guess we will have to endure these lame comments every freakin year because some just don't get it.

Good so u admit tx sucks ??? Cause u would need more the the Delorean to get back to one of there (sic) good years 

answer the question does tx suck ??  

We shall see.  We will also see how awful your Tigers are this year.  

As for our good years, we have won a championship  and played for another more recently than one of th titles you brag about on here (actually the half title you brag about - everyone knows USC was the real champion that year).  So can I borrow your Delorian when you get done with it?