20-4a Baseball

jdawg03

• 3 weeks later...

PNG has pitching but question marks on the return of LH, He should be strong by District they are not dominating but could be. PNG needs to find offensive help for Buchanan and get better on defense. Nederland has a strong Pitcher returning Smith but needs to fill holes left by a very strong Sr. class. No doubt they will do it. LCM retuns 8 starters which includes the DH that should move to 3rd. The pitching staff will be much better than last year due to experience and could challenge PNG's as the best staff in the district. I give the early edge to LCM with PNG close and Nederland right there.

Bears,

Should be a great year. The top 2 teams will be PNG/LCM. Looking at the area I think Bridge City will be the most talented team. Sure wish they were in 4A even though I think they would come out on top there too.

BC will be good but man they have to replace Hayes,Myers,Coulter,Stevens.....lot's of offense. They are normally in our tourney but backed out at the last minute and then would not even work with us to schedule a game so the Baseball Rival of LCM and BC has ended.

Look out for Vidor they beat us at the last district game last year, and Green has done alot foe that program.

First Tourney is Feb 23-25 LCM has 4 Teams currently since BC pulled a last minute drop for no reason LCM,HJ,HF and Jasper.

Probably a round robin and then a seeded single elimination final.

First Games of the year can begin on Monday the 20th LCM opens the 21st at home against Livingston.

Let me clear this whiney BS up about BC and the LCM tourney.

#1 There is never a trophy or is there ever a trophy. Brenham never has one either.

#2 Concessions where closed at 9:30pm!!! Yes they were, it was run by the Baseball Families as a fund raiser and we sold out all of the stuff we had.

It had nothing to do with LCM not being in the final, And NO BC is lucky not to be playing us.

Our coach ask them to fill in a game so we could at least play one and was turned down by Coach Bryant.

bears,

i don't think bc is lucky not to play lcm. i think it would be a great game.

i believe bc would come out on top like last year. bc has better pitching, hitting, and defense. one of bc's pitchers will be returning this year from tj surgery strong and i believe bc will be the team to beat. Our JV team did great last year and we will contribute to the varsity team . Many of our JV players could have been starters anywhere else.

as for as whining i was not at the tournament last year but i have heard it was not the most hospitable place to be after you all lost and picked up your chairs and ran out.

i think LCM was just shocked they didn't win their own tournament last year. Lcm has always had 3a teams they can beat up on in their tournament so they can start the year off with several wins but last year you were surprised by BC when they took out your pitcher in the first and whipped your butt.

moving up to varsity this year will be exciting , good luck to you.

BC,

Again it did not kill us to loose to BC they were very good last year, but no one left just because of that.

As far as you team this year no way they are better than last year to much to replace. Hayes ,Coulter, Stevens, Mire,

Who do you have that can play SS and suck everything up like Coulter?? No one.

I wish we were playing, maybe we can both win our districts and play a warm up game.........

Should be a race between PNG, Nederland and LCM. Don't know how good LCM is but PNG is loaded with pitching, hitting and team speed. Nederland returns a few starters with only one proven Friday night pitcher. The Nederland team should have overall good speed on the bases and some good hitting. Good coaching on all three teams, could come down to a little luck here or there. My heart still picks Nederland to defend it's crown with PNG then LCM. PNG has the talent to run the table all the way to state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder