La Marque 45 Hamshire-Fannett 27/Final

WOSgrad

i played at hamshire and even in our down years we played defense even if we couldnt do nothing else . i know with all this spread offense teams are putting up points and defense has gotten left in the dust . we watched teague put up 76 points on kountze , but kountze scored 40 plus . i saw last night some team scored 90 and the other scored 50 . what coach or kid wants to get 50 plus hung on them ? some say your  still winning but no defense wants that .  where is the pride ? . i know it happens , but every week ? the emphasis on defense is gone . but we do have 7 on 7 tournaments that are  catered  to the offensive explosion. it  helps timing with qbs and wideouts and even defensive backs . where are the defensive drills tournaments  that show these kids how to actually TACKLE AND WRAP UP !!! footwork , the use of hands , how too get off blocks , how too stuff a hole , learning to read offenses and make calls . some of these scores are just ridiculous !!! 

i played at hamshire and even in our down years we played defense even if we couldnt do nothing else . i know with all this spread offense teams are putting up points and defense has gotten left in the dust . we watched teague put up 76 points on kountze , but kountze scored 40 plus . i saw last night some team scored 90 and the other scored 50 . what coach or kid wants to get 50 plus hung on them ? some say your  still winning but no defense wants that .  where is the pride ? . i know it happens , but every week ? the emphasis on defense is gone . but we do have 7 on 7 tournaments that are  catered  to the offensive explosion. it  helps timing with qbs and wideouts and even defensive backs . where are the defensive drills tournaments  that show these kids how to actually TACKLE AND WRAP UP !!! footwork , the use of hands , how too get off blocks , how too stuff a hole , learning to read offenses and make calls . some of these scores are just ridiculous !!! 

Lamarque is a running team.

Might be wrong about that but not wrong about LM being overrated

Overrated by whose standards ? We havent boasted about anything other than our ability to compete with the best of them. We didn't rank ourselves #4 in the state, the football experts did. If you beg to differ WOS then i guess we will see you in the 3rd round assuming you make it. This year's la marque team has its soft spots, more than in our previous runs through the playoffs, I agree... However our offense is very exposive and can score with the best of them. So if a team is going to knock us out which isn't impossible, it will have to be in shoot out fashion. Sorry to disappoint all the HS fans and supporters. LM is for real. The one team than is a cause for concern right now is HJ. They are playing great ball and that will be a good game to watch. 

Overrated by whose standards ? We havent boasted about anything other than our ability to compete with the best of them. We didn't rank ourselves #4 in the state, the football experts did. If you beg to differ WOS then i guess we will see you in the 3rd round assuming you make it. This year's la marque team has its soft spots, more than in our previous runs through the playoffs, I agree... However our offense is very exposive and can score with the best of them. So if a team is going to knock us out which isn't impossible, it will have to be in shoot out fashion. Sorry to disappoint all the HS fans and supporters. LM is for real. The one team than is a cause for concern right now is HJ. They are playing great ball and that will be a good game to watch

Kinda early to to assume you will play the Mustangs.  :) 

Overrated by whose standards ? We havent boasted about anything other than our ability to compete with the best of them. We didn't rank ourselves #4 in the state, the football experts did. If you beg to differ WOS then i guess we will see you in the 3rd round assuming you make it. This year's la marque team has its soft spots, more than in our previous runs through the playoffs, I agree... However our offense is very exposive and can score with the best of them. So if a team is going to knock us out which isn't impossible, it will have to be in shoot out fashion. Sorry to disappoint all the HS fans and supporters. LM is for real. The one team than is a cause for concern right now is HJ. They are playing great ball and that will be a good game to watch

Kinda early to to assume you will play the Mustangs.  :) 

I wouldnt exactly consider sweeny competition... no disrespect. We just have to avoid shoot our own selves in the foot to win that game.

Just got in from the game and first off good game by the horns. King is an athlete for sure. I feel if they had another real threat in the back field with him, it will be deadly. LM broke this one off in the 3rd qtr and never looked back. two things I see wrong with LM was and what has been a problem is PASS DEFENSE and Jackson coaching. they have to find a  way to cover people better. otherwise, playing very strong. Jackson not trying to score after the int. had me scratching my head. jones was taking it to the house almost everytime he touched it. why not give him the ball???

wos peeps...still cocky I see. all three LM are very fast and will out run your defense. offensive blocks very clean. history says you suck against the coogs...6 rings vs 2...with more state appearances also. so, please, hush that fuss and get to rd 3...WE ARE LAMARQUE COUGARS....WHOOSH!! I may be a titan fan at heart, but hey I LIVE in La Marque lol...