West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

Ha. WOS was having to beat HJ AND the refs according to WOS posters on here earlier. And they were crying about OBVIOUS calls. Not sure why stang fans can cry about obvious penalties, but HJ can't complain about a call that led to 7 for the stangs that nobody saw happen? Not even the 4 stangs players who were within a few feet of the play and calmly waited for the ball to stop to down it after the HJ player "touched" it.

1) Chris17 is an LCM guy

2) according to the gary Stelly and john Kimbrough on kogt, DT and another WOS were fighting over the ball after it supposedly touched a hawk. They didn't see it touch a hawk and were wondering why they were "tussling" over downing a punt.

Hope Vype got video of that punt. I am hearing that HJ fans may have overestimated their team speed and Padgett is a monster. If HJ can punch one in on the opening drive of 2h we will still have a ball game. If not and WOS goes up 3 scores, game over. That HJ offense is not going equipped to get quick scores against the defensive speed of WOS.

That's why that last one hurt so bad. HJ definitely played well enough to only be down 14-7 going into the break. If they don't score and then give one up, they're done.

2 other things:

1) this is the same horrific crew that officiated the WOS-PNG game

2) Kimbrough, a longtime football official, said regardless of whether it touched a hawk, the crew's handing of the situation was horrible.

They were terrible for both sides in that game!!

Wow!! There is still a whole half left and HJ people start calling people names, saying how terrible this and that is....just simmer down...you are playing a good team.

One HJ person. It's gonna be alright buddy. Can't blame him for being a little frustrated. Also can't blame him for getting mad at the silsbee troll who gloats anytime anything bad happens to HJ.

at YOUR place come on, get real.

I always love these comments, like the HJ senior football dads ref the home games or something. If HJ was going to get some home cooking, then that would've been the time, no? When the ball had already been spotted for the hawks and nobody on the WOS side was upset because they didn't see anything either?

Alright, to the actual game. HJ looked like they were going to get pounded for a while, but they bounced back with a nice TD drive, plus their defense shut down the stangs the entire 2nd quarter, except for whatever you call that last bit. WOS bent but didn't break on a couple of drives, gave up a TD, and then stiffened up as well, holding the hawks to a couple of 3 and outs. Overall a pretty even half, with WOS rightfully in the lead. 14-7 was a fair representation of the 1st half. We'll see what happens in the 2nd half.