Goose Creek Memorial 57 Nederland 56/Final 2OT

WOSgrad

Can someone explain why tomorrow's game "matters now"? I'm a little confused. If GCM wins next week they go big school and Ned drops. Ned would be 1st seed, PNG 2nd. But PNG playing Central does not affect that. If Ozen wins next week, Ned stays big school and PNG would be 1st seed in small school. Is there another scenario I'm missing or other factors I've overlooked?

A share of the district title? I think most teams still have the goal of winning district going into each season even though 4 teams make the playoffs.

Sorry your streak came to an end, not sorry our team gets a shot to share the DC.

Kinda ticks me off that GCM was the one to get ya .lol

The streak was going to end sometime, I really don't think people are that upset about that. We hurt for the seniors to lose their last game on their home field. Any fan would take 29-1 all day as long as the 1 is not PNG lol. But saying they didn't want to win more than GCM was way off base and I probably overreacted a bit to that.

GCM has some really good athletes and didn't turn the ball over at all tonight. I think that has been their Achilles heel all year. It was a very exciting game and the Pats definitely deserved the win. There were so many big plays in the game and it came down to the gutsy 2 point conversion by the Pats QB. A great HS football game. I hate that the streak ended, but the game was incredible. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

GCM has some really good athletes and didn't turn the ball over at all tonight. I think that has been their Achilles heel all year. It was a very exciting game and the Pats definitely deserved the win. There were so many big plays in the game and it came down to the gutsy 2 point conversion by the Pats QB. A great HS football game. I hate that the streak ended, but the game was incredible. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Agree. Good Post.  Hats off to BOTH teams last night for a hard, fought battle!

Some of these posts are just hilarious.. In the words of Cris Carter, COME ON MAN... Neumann botching a game might be the funniest thing ive heard.. Here is what I will say.... GCM took it to a good Nederland team and won.. This shows me one thing that I have been saying all year.  IMO our district is weak, from top to bottom.. Usually we have that one good team that you think can go 2 or 3 rounds, and honestly Im not sure we have that ability this year. I do hope to see someone in the district make it a few rounds.. Congrats to GCM on the win, and to the Nederland fans, no more talk about the streak.... But the good thing is throwing up the 5 in a row is more than enough to shut me up..... LOL...

NDNwarrior... Just shut up! We all get you are excited that Nederland lost, but that is no reason to spew such thoughtless remarks. "Out coached", "GCM wanted it more"... Please! Sometimes you just lose games. I know you are well aware of that. Those boys left it all out there tonight and there wasn't a thing more they could have done. The breaks didn't go our way tonight, oh well. I guess Nederland "wanted" it more the last 5 years... Smh. Go to bed.

Usually, I don't respond to rants, however, I feel the need to respond to this one. 1. I was excited to see a team (GCU) come back from a 21-0 deficit and play their hearts out. This is taking nothing from the talent of Nederland. 2. This is a sports forum....I've been here many years, reading posts from Nederland fans where they were overjoyed at PNG losing, thats just part of the smack...deal with it. 3. Out coached...heck yeah! That was a gutsy call by the Pats coach to go for the 2 pt conversion.....yeah, even though you might not agree, coaching is about planning and strategy...the GCM staff out coached Neuman...deal with it. 4. Hats off to ALL the young men, both teams, that played their hearts out last night for our enjoyment...I'm not taking anything from any of these young men. 5. Did I want Nederland to lose...not anymore than Nederland would want PNG to lose in the same situation. 6. As for as 'wanting it more'....I think the final score answers that question.  7. "Go to bed".....just no response for a childish remark as this.

That being said, Congrats to both team...probably one of the BEST games I have witnessed in years! To all the young men who played thier hearts out last night, you are ALL winners...thank you for continuing to demonstrate the quality of football being played in our district.