Hardin-Jefferson 54 Hamshire-Fannett 39/Final

WOSgrad

Although, if they can handle OF then OF May finish 4th and who knows. La Marque may get more than they thought from any of our 4th place teams!

Yeah, I agree. 1-4 in our district looks way better than their 1-4. Look at Scarborough, they will make the playoffs without a win. smh Orangefield and HF would smoke them.

Can i be the 1st to say that the Refs both ways were just terrible ? They seemed to make calls that didnt even make sense. Just the biggest one i remember the ref called a dead ball personal foul block in the back or holding during a kickoff return which resulted in a TD. He then went back and enforced it on the kickoff. Correct me if i am wrong but if a player is running with the ball and there is a Dead ball flag thrown, How the hell is it a Dead Ball Flag ? Then waved off several flags that he ( head ref ) threw himself. I dont think this changed the outcome of the game but they were awful and if i were HJ or HF i would make sure to never have this crew again.

Can i be the 1st to say that the Refs both ways were just terrible ? They seemed to make calls that didnt even make sense. Just the biggest one i remember the ref called a dead ball personal foul block in the back or holding during a kickoff return which resulted in a TD. He then went back and enforced it on the kickoff. Correct me if i am wrong but if a player is running with the ball and there is a Dead ball flag thrown, How the hell is it a Dead Ball Flag ? Then waved off several flags that he ( head ref ) threw himself. I dont think this changed the outcome of the game but they were awful and if i were HJ or HF i would make sure to never have this crew again.

Yes refs were horrible. That particular call didnt make since. But HF is use to particular call made by refs and letting opponents td stand. refs throwning flags... Then picking them up. But they never stop fighting

The good thing is if HJ plays them fairly close, only a couple of hawk fans have to eat crow. If HJ manages to win, all of east texas won't have to worry about crows eating corn off their deer feeder this season.

Unlike last year at silsbee, hooterville is the big dogs this time, the heavy favorites according to belittleman. No moral victories this time. Even one point loss and the crow is served.

Yall are setting this up pretty well..... If WOS wins by 40, you told us so.... If HJ looses by 1, you told us so.... I don't get it.... All this confidence and now its "not like Silsbee"? Make up your minds guys, is WOS gonna beat HJ like they normally do or will the mighty WOS Mustangs barely squeak by the "slow as maple syrup on a cold December morning" HJ Hawks??????? Make up your minds, don't be like Silsbee talking "half a hundred" and then be quiet as a church mouse the whole game pissed off at your own guy not starting the clock quick enough....C'mon man, WOS is better than that.... You gonna win or are ya gonna barely squeak by????? I will admit, I am not happy with where HJ is at right now. We should have dominated every opponent we have faced... Everyone of them are mediocre... But we let every one of them stay with us.... We show signs of domination, then let them back in the game.... We should beat you..... We have the talent..... If you guys win, I will eat my crow, buy someone a hamburger, put whatever stupid logo Im supposed to, and not post for whatever the bet was.... I aint scared... You all know my name and Oct 31, senior night, you will all be able to put a name with a face...I will walk my son out onto that field and give WOS a salute.... And I will say publically, I am really happy Jack Dallas has turned out to be as good as he is..... A lot of schools like WOS probably would not have given him a chance.... I hope he has a great game, and we just score more so the WOS faithful don't blame him like some have tried in the past weeks.... It isn't fair to that young man....

Bedelman, I do respect your loyalty to your team. I have really enjoyed the smackdown with you the past two years. I hate to tell you if we even win by a half a point I will be "telling you so".  Don't think WOS fans don't respect HJ this year. I think it will be a tight ballgame until halftime adjustments are made. I just think WOS is at least 2 td's better. Guess we will see in a couple of weeks. Afterwards, after all the crow is eaten, either way it rolls, I will wish ya'll the best and hope to see you in the region finals (hopefully against us). Wish I could be at the game and meet you (gotta work) but I will see you later in baseball season.

I agree about Jack, several posters put the blame on his shoulders for a little letdown the team had. Not right. I think he has proven himself. Unfortunately, as with most schools, the qb is adored when they win and can't play a lick when they lose. He is a good kid and has handled a difficult situation really well.

Since y'all always want to bomb the WOS thread. Another update 42-14....not looking back. Come on HF you got this (rooting for ya)!!!

Thank you so much for the updates, but just curious looking back when we were playing Tatum i did not see any updates from Mrs#1 Stang fan on the game, I can't remember who yall played that week.

King is a monster. The problem is, WO-S has 3 or 4 just like him, if not better. If HJ had a problem with just 1, I can only imagine how this could turn out. Hopefully this bye week will help the Hawks. They can focus on some things that they need to fix, for example, letting people bounce to the outside and not bringing them down, safety coming over the top too often, and that O-Line looked sloppy - getting overpowered when they shouldn't have been. #12 for HJ is quick. He doesn't make too many moves, but boy can he run. Hopefully Thompson will play better than he has been. They will need both of them against the Stangs!!!

HJ wasn't able to utilize the clock on offense like they normally do. Moreaux kept scoring quickly, which isn't typical HJ football right now. But, I'll take a score anytime we get one.

When the Hawks score quickly - like they were - the game drags on forever. I remember looking at my watch and it was already 10:00 PM and there was still a whole quarter of football to be played. They were announcing game updates and I think the HJ game was still in the 3rd quarter when WO-S and OF were done. They can't play that way against WO-S. I think that HJ really has to eat the clock against them. HJ offense really keeps the opponents from having much time to score, which limits their opportunities to score. You have to capitalize on almost every drive against HJ because there aren't very many of them! This has to be the case against West Orange to keep them from gaining a huge lead.

I have to say this WOS is loaded with talent from top to bottom, trust me I watched them against PNG but there is not a player on that team who is better than King.

I'll be the first to say that I think DT is better than King. King is good, but DT is on a whole different level. JMO.