Ebola!!

Yes, I heard this.  The Republicans wanted more money.  obama wanted to cut the money.  More lieing ads are being ran trying to blame Repubs for Ebola.  If, IF, we had an honest press, this would easily be exposed.  But, they agree with the message.  Sad!

What ebola situation?

I know, this is not a pandemic in the US. We knew healthcare workers were more at risk, sometimes nurses and doctors can be a little laxed with using universal precautions when they think a person does not have a deadly disease. The guy lied and said he was not exposed to someone with the virus

So the media is definitely being irresponsible by praying off the fear of the uneducated masses. as they usually do. ebola is very serious, but it's incredibly easy to stop from spreading, or would be if they'd done things right with the first case. That being said, why are we still letting people fly to and from West Africa right now? And why would a nurse who's been treating a dying ebola patient for the last couple of weeks be allowed to board a commercial flight this soon after dealing with him, and after another nurse had already been diagnosed? that seems incredibly irresponsible on both the parts of the CDC and the nurse for that to happen. no common sense there. hopefully she was not contagious while on the flight. the one good thing about this disease is that there's an incubation time, and the carrier is not contagious until they exhibit symptoms, so every new case still gives healthcare workers time to isolate and stop the spread of the disease (assuming healthcare workers don't screw up and get it).

I know, this is not a pandemic in the US. We knew healthcare workers were more at risk, sometimes nurses and doctors can be a little laxed with using universal precautions when they think a person does not have a deadly disease. The guy lied and said he was not exposed to someone with the virus

Your not gonna blame the guy for lying are you? You never blame Yobama when he lies!

So the media is definitely being irresponsible by praying off the fear of the uneducated masses. as they usually do. ebola is very serious, but it's incredibly easy to stop from spreading, or would be if they'd done things right with the first case. That being said, why are we still letting people fly to and from West Africa right now? And why would a nurse who's been treating a dying ebola patient for the last couple of weeks be allowed to board a commercial flight this soon after dealing with him, and after another nurse had already been diagnosed? that seems incredibly irresponsible on both the parts of the CDC and the nurse for that to happen. no common sense there. hopefully she was not contagious while on the flight. the one good thing about this disease is that there's an incubation time, and the carrier is not contagious until they exhibit symptoms, so every new case still gives healthcare workers time to isolate and stop the spread of the disease (assuming healthcare workers don't screw up and get it).

This is what I call a situation. Some people like to split hairs or mince words.

Look how many people have HIV. It is spread exactly the same way.....bodily fluids. Need I say more?

The next Ebola patient brought back to this country should be allowed a room in the white house. What's the harm?

Here is the problem with that. Yes, it might be (?) be easy to stop from spreading, assuming nothing goes wrong. Your own statement says, "if they'd done things right". Very true and as your statement shows, they did not. 

First we had a guy lie and get on a plane and brought it to the USA for the first time ever other than patients being intentionally brought back. Then we have a nurse that was supposed to be using the correct protocol for treating Ebola (or maybe any infectious disease) and yet she got it. I heard a CDC rep say that she did nothing wrong but someone else made a mistake Ooookay.... great. But someone in the health field made a mistake and it spread to a person that was supposed to be protected, not the unprotected masses. Now a second worker got it. Ooookay.... but she then got on a plane which she was not supposed to do. The CDC claims that she had a fever when she boarded the flight. Hmmm..... easy to contain assuming everyone does everything perfectly? 

When the first nurse got Ebola, the CDC came out and said that it was only because protocol was not followed.... then they said that the nurse herself was not at fault.... but the don't know who was.... and they are not sure (at the time I saw the interview) what protocol was violated. That is a lot of "I don't know" answers for something that the CDC claims can easily be contained. CDC just as well say: "All we know is that someone must have screwed up because we made a statement that there is no danger". 

Now what? Mistakes are being made right now and people are starting to get it when it is supposed to be in a safe environment and then breaking their own rules/protocol such as flying when they weren't supposed to and after a fever was detected. Was she infectious at that point with Ebola? If so, how many people did she now expose and how many people have to be tracked down from that commercial flight?

So will these mistakes spread it outside into a highly unprotected population? Is it now contained?

I am hoping that these mistakes are immediately rectified but the fact is that people that should have known better have caught it and spread it. Apparently the situation is being treated by humans and being human, are prone to mistakes. We have now apparently seen some from people that our government through the CDC said would not happen. For something that is supposed to be easily contained, it does not give me much confidence as the CDC is portraying. 

I truly hope that this is nothing but an interesting media blitz. I thought that after Duncan died, we would pass the (claimed) magical 21 days and it would be over with Ebola being eradicated from our country. Hopefully these stupid mistakes will get people's minds right that are dealing with it and quit breaking whatever protocols the CDC has in place. Then hope that those protocols are correct. 

But your premise of it not being easily spread seems questionable considered it has spread and inside of healthcare where you would think is the last place it would be. I can see Duncan's family coming down with it but just like the worker overseas that was following protocol and got it also, just how safe are these protocols to make mistakes. 

I also find a statement by the CDC that the nurse on the flight was likely not contagious before symptoms set it. They go on to say that she had a fever.

I know that I am only a lay person when it comes to most medicine but I thought that fever was a symptom. 

There's a difference? Fever is a sign of being sick. Fever is a symptom of being sick. Please elaborate RN.

I looked up Influenza on the CDC website. One of the symptoms? Fever.

I looked up Salmonella on the CDC website. One of the symptoms? Fever. 

I looked up Ebola on the CDC website. One of the symptoms? Fever.

Apparently the CDC thinks that fever is a symptom of an illness. They probably have no clue what they public on their website. 

Here is the problem with that. Yes, it might be (?) be easy to stop from spreading, assuming nothing goes wrong. Your own statement says, "if they'd done things right". Very true and as your statement shows, they did not.

First we had a guy lie and get on a plane and brought it to the USA for the first time ever other than patients being intentionally brought back. Then we have a nurse that was supposed to be using the correct protocol for treating Ebola (or maybe any infectious disease) and yet she got it. I heard a CDC rep say that she did nothing wrong but someone else made a mistake Ooookay.... great. But someone in the health field made a mistake and it spread to a person that was supposed to be protected, not the unprotected masses. Now a second worker got it. Ooookay.... but she then got on a plane which she was not supposed to do. The CDC claims that she had a fever when she boarded the flight. Hmmm..... easy to contain assuming everyone does everything perfectly?

When the first nurse got Ebola, the CDC came out and said that it was only because protocol was not followed.... then they said that the nurse herself was not at fault.... but the don't know who was.... and they are not sure (at the time I saw the interview) what protocol was violated. That is a lot of "I don't know" answers for something that the CDC claims can easily be contained. CDC just as well say: "All we know is that someone must have screwed up because we made a statement that there is no danger".

Now what? Mistakes are being made right now and people are starting to get it when it is supposed to be in a safe environment and then breaking their own rules/protocol such as flying when they weren't supposed to and after a fever was detected. Was she infectious at that point with Ebola? If so, how many people did she now expose and how many people have to be tracked down from that commercial flight?

So will these mistakes spread it outside into a highly unprotected population? Is it now contained?

I am hoping that these mistakes are immediately rectified but the fact is that people that should have known better have caught it and spread it. Apparently the situation is being treated by humans and being human, are prone to mistakes. We have now apparently seen some from people that our government through the CDC said would not happen. For something that is supposed to be easily contained, it does not give me much confidence as the CDC is portraying.

I truly hope that this is nothing but an interesting media blitz. I thought that after Duncan died, we would pass the (claimed) magical 21 days and it would be over with Ebola being eradicated from our country. Hopefully these stupid mistakes will get people's minds right that are dealing with it and quit breaking whatever protocols the CDC has in place. Then hope that those protocols are correct.

But your premise of it not being easily spread seems questionable considered it has spread and inside of healthcare where you would think is the last place it would be. I can see Duncan's family coming down with it but just like the worker overseas that was following protocol and got it also, just how safe are these protocols to make mistakes.