Nederland vs Vidor Sept 26th .... let's get it on!

Michele

I got something for all you chihuahuas: show up next Tuesday night on Nederland Ave. at your Hamburger Depot and you can get some of this Pirate. Especially those of you who believe you're gonna hold us to less than three touchdowns...I want some of that action. Every team you've played has run through defense like Exlax. And, the difference is us IMPROVING against a 6A school that slaughtered Dayton with your team REGRESSING against a team that PNG mauled. This thread is only gonna get better as the week progresses :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:  Keep barking puppies....

I guess since we are delving into history:

Nederland

Overall record:  527-359-35  57.2%  WP

Playoff record:     44-30-3  57.1%  WP

District Championships:  22

State Championships :  1

Undefeated Seasons (District): 9

Undefeated Seasons (Overall) :  4 (1942,1945,1954,1957)

10-Win seasons : 15

Winless seasons : 3

Playoff appearances: 35

Vidor

Overall record :  248-476-14  33.6%  WP

Playoff record:   4-5-1 40% WP

District Championships:  2

State Championships : 0

Undefeated seasons (District):  1

Undefeated seasons (Overall) : 1 (1964)

10-Win seasons: 2

Winless seasons:  12

Playoff appearances:  5

Really littledog? I can remember when Seattle stunk too....three of those playoff appearances you have posted are over the last five years. Four of them have been under Jeff Mathews. Lets not talk about the past...lets talk about right now and the whuppin' y'all gonna take in the BONEYARD!!!

This thread gets legs every year because for whatever reason, vidor REALLY wants Nederland to be their rival...still have not figured that out yet but maybe that's because I don't own a vidor thinking cap...some of these vidor posters know that if they talk trash every single time, luck will eventually fall on their side on they will occassionally be right, history says about once every 8 or 9 years...apparently, that's good enough for them so who are we to tell them differently

This thread gets legs every year because for whatever reason, vidor REALLY wants Nederland to be their rival...still have not figured that out yet but maybe that's because I don't own a vidor thinking cap...some of these vidor posters know that if they talk trash every single time, luck will eventually fall on their side on they will occassionally be right, history says about once every 8 or 9 years...apparently, that's good enough for them so who are we to tell them differently

It"s because of one reason and one reason only-"WE ARE THE NEDERLAND BULLDOGS"

What's funny is YES we are 0-3, but what i see is a team who should win easily, once mistakes are corrected. We left alot of points on the field due to our own mistakes.Now with every great team and yes I said great, because we all should claim our teams as such has a key factor. And the Bulldogs factor is COACHING. We lost alot of graduated players, but return all of our ALL DISTRICT COACHING STAFF. If yall think these DOGS are not prepared then thats on your coaching staff.

Good lord I love this thread its like a fine wine getting better with age. This game every year causes folks to disappear from this board for awhile. Living with some of the comments is hard to do after one of these teams lose. I love it. This is what smack talk is all about!!!!!!

It"s because of one reason and one reason only-"WE ARE THE NEDERLAND BULLDOGS"

Stop wagging your tail so much over there, you big bad BULLDOG. All the "rivalry" talk comes mostly from Nederland's side of the fence. This game is circled on Nederland's calendar every year just like it is on Vidor's. These two teams play up to each other regardless of records. This will be a close game, but like I said early Nederland probably wins on on a defensive stop.

What's funny is YES we are 0-3, but what i see is a team who should win easily, once mistakes are corrected. We left alot of points on the field due to our own mistakes.Now with every great team and yes I said great, because we all should claim our teams as such has a key factor. And the Bulldogs factor is COACHING. We lost alot of graduated players, but return all of our ALL DISTRICT COACHING STAFF. If yall think these DOGS are not prepared then thats on your coaching staff.

you can have all the coaching in the world but you still have to have a certain amount of talent to execute the game plan.

Stop wagging your tail so much over there, you big bad BULLDOG. All the "rivalry" talk comes mostly from Nederland's side of the fence. This game is circled on Nederland's calendar every year just like it is on Vidor's. These two teams play up to each other regardless of records. This will be a close game, but like I said early Nederland probably wins on on a defensive stop.

Uhhhhhhh .... no!  We have a rival, PNG, just in case you didn't know.  Also, EVERY DISTRICT game is circled on our calendar, duh, we get up to play every team ... Vidor is no different, just another opponent.