Nederland vs Vidor Sept 26th .... let's get it on!

Michele

I have been back and forth on this game. I visited Nederland last week and was surprised to see what I saw. Nederland has some potential but their lines had better get it together they were not very good this past week against CL. I dont know were to go with this game.so Im not gonna make a prediction. Before last weeks magnificent game against Channelview I would not have given Vidor a chance. Vidor impressed all in district last week myself included. So that leaves me with this question. Which Pirates team will show up? The one who lost by 2 TD's to Jasper or the won who lost to Channelview but in impressive fashion. I will just have to wait this one out. These two teams have alot of growing up to do. I guess we will see which one grows up the fastest.

I guess since we are delving into history:

Nederland

Overall record:  527-359-35  57.2%  WP

Playoff record:     44-30-3  57.1%  WP

District Championships:  22

State Championships :  1

Undefeated Seasons (District): 9

Undefeated Seasons (Overall) :  4 (1942,1945,1954,1957)

10-Win seasons : 15

Winless seasons : 3

Playoff appearances: 35

Vidor

Overall record :  248-476-14  33.6%  WP

Playoff record:   4-5-1 40% WP

District Championships:  2

State Championships : 0

Undefeated seasons (District):  1

Undefeated seasons (Overall) : 1 (1964)

10-Win seasons: 2

Winless seasons:  12

Playoff appearances:  5

I guess since we are delving into history:

Nederland

Overall record: 527-359-35 57.2% WP
Playoff record: 44-30-3 57.1% WP
District Championships: 22
State Championships : 1
Undefeated Seasons (District): 9
Undefeated Seasons (Overall) : 4 (1942,1945,1954,1957)
10-Win seasons : 15
Winless seasons : 3
Playoff appearances: 35

Vidor

Overall record : 248-476-14 33.6% WP
Playoff record: 4-5-1 40% WP
District Championships: 2
State Championships : 0
Undefeated seasons (District): 1
Undefeated seasons (Overall) : 1 (1964)
10-Win seasons: 2
Winless seasons: 12
Playoff appearances: 5

Wish I could be in attendance for this one. Opinions vary on both teams this year, but I'm old school, I'm keeping a close eye on both Teams, both can be real trouble for anyone in District.
Good luck to both

Smh lol. Look at you talking like the dogs are something. News flash man y'all are on the bottom at the moment. Sorry to say man but y'all aren't the measuring stick for the district anymore.

So are you .... the only reason you have one win this pre-season is because Escambia had to forfeit the win against y'all.   Man, you supply the best comedy on this site  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Smh lol. Look at you talking like the dogs are something. News flash man y'all are on the bottom at the moment. Sorry to say man but y'all aren't the measuring stick for the district anymore.

you know that moment when you realized damn i told a lie, but you had to run with it cause it came out your mouth-run forest run lol

Get ready all you want, but truth of the matter is ..... your playing the BULLDOGS!  No fight is the same, DOGS are on the scent for a win and won't be denied.  Deep down I know you Pirates are annoyed by that nagging win history we have against you, but nothing is going to be different this time when our pack of BULLDOGS are unleashed.  Neumann is getting them prepared and fine tuning from the preseason is taking place .... if it makes you feel better, you can tell yourself you will beat us up until reality takes place next Friday night when the scoreboard reflects differently ... lol  :D

I love football season!  All smack talking aside, I wish these kids the best of luck and an injury free season.

G O    B U L L D O G S .... B E A T   T H O S E   P I R A T E S   ! ! ! ! 

Get ready all you want, but truth of the matter is ..... your playing the BULLDOGS! No fight is the same, DOGS are on the scent for a win and won't be denied. Deep down I know you Pirates are annoyed by that nagging win history we have against you, but nothing is going to be different this time when our pack of BULLDOGS are unleashed. Neumann is getting them prepared and fine tuning from the preseason is taking place .... if it makes you feel better, you can tell yourself you will beat us up until reality takes place next Friday night when the scoreboard reflects differently ... lol :D

I love football season! All smack talking aside, I wish these kids the best of luck and an injury free season.

G O B U L L D O G S .... B E A T T H O S E P I R A T E S ! ! ! !

Just be sure and show up to eat your crow man. I'll be looking for you. Lol

I have been back and forth on this game. I visited Nederland last week and was surprised to see what I saw. Nederland has some potential but their lines had better get it together they were not very good this past week against CL. I dont know were to go with this game.so Im not gonna make a prediction. Before last weeks magnificent game against Channelview I would not have given Vidor a chance. Vidor impressed all in district last week myself included. So that leaves me with this question. Which Pirates team will show up? The one who lost by 2 TD's to Jasper or the won who lost to Channelview but in impressive fashion. I will just have to wait this one out. These two teams have alot of growing up to do. I guess we will see which one grows up the fastest.

I'm not sure which line your referring to, but the O-line I feel pulled their weight and did their job well. They moved the ball 425 yards and presented the QB 46 opportunities to pass the ball. Now we were only able to complete 20 of those passes for 242 yards.

Now I don't know about you, but from where I come from for an O-line to move the ball that much and allow that many opportunities for the QB to pass the ball in high school, college or the pro's, that's pretty dang good.  I'd say they showed up and did a great job. The line isn't the problem, heck we missed at least 3 passes in the end zone.

But here's the key to the whole thing, Neumann knows where the work needs to take place and he has 2 weeks to work on it, he always has and I have NO reason to think he won't this time.