Baytown Sterling 61 Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 40/Final

WOSgrad

another Channelview?

I would say with Chenier and Hill, they have a shot to play with those types of schools. They run downhill and punish people. The QB does a good job too. They did not dominate the line of scrimmage even though they were much bigger up front than GCM. Their RB's just do not get arm tackled.

They are just not there defensively. GCM runs a pretty basic offense in non district games. With the exception of the first 3 possessions of the 2nd half, they chewed up the Sterling defense in big chunks on the ground.

They are definitely more confident this year. Just not sold on how good they are until I see them play at their own level.

Funny what happens when you change the uniforms back to the proper color lol. Sterling looked good on offense, but like GCMPats2 said, the defense gave up too many big plays in the first half. I don't know if it was scheme or if the defense did not have the athletes to keep up with GCM's skill players. GCM has some good athletes but they definitely got pushed around by a stronger Sterling team which should be the case when a 6A team is playing a 5A team. I think GCM should have ran more plays for the QB earlier in the game. It seems like he was effective when he ran and threw. This may have loosened things up for the running game. Also their execution looked sloppy on a lot of plays. All said, I think GCM will be just fine this year in their district. They should be able to nail down a playoff spot. Sterling, though not a playoff contender in 6A yet, will definitley suprise some teams in district.

Funny what happens when you change the uniforms back to the proper color lol. Sterling looked good on offense, but like GCMPats2 said, the defense gave up too many big plays in the first half. I don't know if it was scheme or if the defense did not have the athletes to keep up with GCM's skill players. GCM has some good athletes but they definitely got pushed around by a stronger Sterling team which should be the case when a 6A team is playing a 5A team. I think GCM should have ran more plays for the QB earlier in the game. It seems like he was effective when he ran and threw. This may have loosened things up for the running game. Also their execution looked sloppy on a lot of plays. All said, I think GCM will be just fine this year in their district. They should be able to nail down a playoff spot. Sterling, though not a playoff contender in 6A yet, will definitley suprise some teams in district.

I would agree with everything except the line play. I think if you watched the film you would see a lot of GCM defenders at the initial point of contact, but not able to make the tackle.

Oh well, having GCM and RSS playing good football will do nothing but good things for Baytown athletics. Hope they both go 8-0 the remainder of the season.

Sterling has the same athletes they've had the past three years which resulted in 3 wins. The difference is in coaching, scheme and they believe. GCM had just as good of athletes and speed. As far as line play I saw a effective effort out the rss line..they aren't the biggest bunch but they had to do something right as cheniere ran for 305 yards and 4 tds...not sure how many hill had but it was similar...these are the same two guys who couldn't get any room to run the past two years..cheniere used to get ramed right up the middle over and over..I felt bad for him as he got beat to a pulp.

Funny RSS had 5a numbers participating or worse the past two years..the new coach got a bunch of kids that weren't playing to come out so although there is more bodies they still have the same athletes that resemble 5a schools..acting like Sterling has real 6a numbers is laughable.
Out of all the new kids I see one that starts so it's virtually the same kids from last year.

If Sterling is 5A the whole make up their roster would be different.

They had the better athletes tonight. Actually had the better athletes last night too. They did not lose a game at any level in Baytown. It will be interesting to see how they compete in their district. They should be 3-0 going in.