If Sam doesn't make a team....Get ready for it.....

5GallonBucket

Once he made his sexuality public he should NOT have been drafted in the first place. To do so, would only suggest (in our PC world) that he was securing his future knowing the current atmoshere.

If someone had "come out" stating their heterosexual status, wold that have mattered, or made the news, or secured him being drafted or making the team - NO

This is no different than making something about race to secure (or at least try to) the outcome you are looking for by "scaring" people due to the "sensitivity" of said subject.

Michael Sam not signed to St. Louis Rams practice squad

Should have kept his mouth shut - IF - it were ALL about football. Ones sexual preference has nothing to do with how well you can play or not. He made this about something else and perhaps it cost him...

With that said, with all the negative attention Tim Tebow received for his religious views, I only see it fair that Sam take the same heat. One might even learn from history. Teams eventually didn't want Tebow due to the distractions he may bring/cause....

The Rams seem to be making their decision based on the same merit......or perhaps (as some will argue) that Tebow demise had nothing to do with his religious views, he was just a terrible football player (at the NFL level)

NOTE: Tebow fans (and Christians) will never see it this way....So is it the same, Sam was a terrible football player (at the NFL level) , but due to his "coming out, some will only see his demise as his sexual preference..........

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/rams/2014/09/01/michael-sam-not-signed-to-st-louis-practice-squad/14935237/

He actually did decent in preseason, Cowboys terrible defense could probably legitimately use his help. The media frenzy would be insane though and a huge distraction for the team.

If I was Jerry, I'd be town. More media frenzy = more publicity = higher $$$ valuations. But the team performance suffers from the distractions.

To be fair, Sam did better in preseason (pretty decent) than Tebow did at any time in his pro career.  to be even fairer, Tebow fans imagined most of the criticism he took for expressing his Christian views.  there were a few people who complained, but the majority of people who said he was criticized for his Christianity actually ignored the fact that he sucked.  Then when people said he sucked, they blamed the criticism on his Christianity, rather than the fact that he was a terrible QB. 

I will say that I agree that Sam is getting way too much media coverage for a player that was cut from the roster and can't even find a practice team, but like it or not, he's not an ordinary player, and the interest in his career is well above average.  he's getting more attention than he deserves (not unlike Tebow) because he lives a lifestyle much different from the average NFL player (not unlike Tebow).

did better than tebow???????

though I will agree tebow wasn't that good of a qb. but to say sam did better than tebow......ur way wrong.

and whether you like it or not......tebow did have a hand in winning a playoff game against PITT

Tebow put up some of the worst numbers in history. Sam had decent numbers in a handful of games. Tebow's team won in spite of him, not because of him.

C'mon bullets! Tebow made it to the NFL which Sam has yet to do. Although... As poor as the Cowboys defense is this year, I honestly expect to see him make the team and play this season. Plus, Michael Sam jerseys will sell like hotcakes and be the new fashion statement for the LGBT community, making Jerry Jones very happy.

He may have put up some bad numbers, but he MADE THE TEAM THAT DRAFTED HIM for QB the most looked at position with media scrutiny waiting to bounce....

u may want to check the stats on that playoff game....also u may want to start reading what I actually said instead of what you think I said...."he had a HAND in that win...."     I believe he threw 2 TDs and ran for another.......with over 350 total yards.  and yes he's completion % was below 50%.....but lets not discredit the man so you can raise up another......who apparently hasn't proved himself to the St. Louis Rams coaching staff otherwise he would be on the team....

Oh wait he did get invited to WWE.....

There are only 2 reasons Michael Sam will or will not make an NFL team. One, does a team or teams think he can play at that level in their defensive scheme. Two, if he can play, do we want to deal with the media circus that will follow.

Most of these owners would hire Charles Manson if he could throw, tackle or run.

He said he was gay.. Big deal.   Now, who is making somthing of it?

Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't me or anyone in Southeast Texas that got the media all worked up over him being gay. I don't believe a hacker stole email's and figured it out.....I'm pretty sure it was him.

There are a lot of things that are your personal business and does not have to be made public. If you make it public, you have to take whatever it is that happens.......

As TVC has stated, it is not against the law for a female to be topless in Texas.....But if locals started going to parks topless and got their picture in the paper.......what do you think would happen to the image?  He knew exactly what he as doing when he did what he did.....I could care less if he is gay, but he is the reason it is the issue.......