African-American parents explain "The Talk"

thetragichippy

would an officier ask you that or would he make assumptions and shoot you dead?

Oh geez, seriously? Do you really think the cop just thought oh your up to no good so I'm gonna kill you? Was the shooting warranted? We don't know yet. Give them a chance to investigate it, it doesn't happen overnight. Do you really think a cop just shoots people for the fun of it? It ruins their lives as well. Do you think this cops life will ever be the same, reguardless of the outcome?

How do you know? There are some corrupt cops out there. (Of all races)

Of course there are. But corrupt is not the same as "murderer". While there are cases every year of police shooting and killing people, and while there are cases of police brutality, if this case went down as the main witness stated, this would be literally the first case in my lifetime that I can remember where an officer just shot someone for no apparent reason. I'm not talking about cases where officers took things too far, or made a mistake, or got nervous or pissed off and used too much force, but actually saw someone, maybe exchanged words and then shot them? While I'm sure it's happened somewhere at some point, that is not a problem that anyone of any race realistically faces in this country.

I went on a ridealong with TVC this weekend. Not much was going on, so we were riding around and we saw a car stopped in the turn lane with a person inside and a couple of people around the car. They happened to be black. He turned his car around and approached them to see what was going on. He then found out the car was dead, and he and I helped them push it out of the road into a parking lot. All of that to say, it looked very suspicious, and even though they were in fact doing nothing wrong, he still had to check out. Police are paid to check out suspicious situations. And while he might have been criticized for "harassing them" had they been doing something wrong, had he driven by without stopping and there was a shooting victim in the driver's seat, imagine the outrage. I've also ridden with him enough to know that had the occupants in the car been white, he would've done everything exactly the same.

I went on a ridealong with TVC this weekend. Not much was going on, so we were riding around and we saw a car stopped in the turn lane with a person inside and a couple of people around the car. They happened to be black. He turned his car around and approached them to see what was going on. He then found out the car was dead, and he and I helped them push it out of the road into a parking lot. All of that to say, it looked very suspicious, and even though they were in fact doing nothing wrong, he still had to check out. Police are paid to check out suspicious situations. And while he might have been criticized for "harassing them" had they been doing something wrong, had he driven by without stopping and there was a shooting victim in the driver's seat, imagine the outrage. I've also ridden with him enough to know that had the occupants in the car been white, he would've done everything exactly the same.

Sadly, much like politics, people have already aligned themselves with one side or the other. Rational thinking will not be tolerated, and no amount of truth will sway people to see it.

Sadly, much like politics, people have already aligned themselves with one side or the other. Rational thinking will not be tolerated, and no amount of truth will sway people to see it.

I am REALLY surprised with one poster on this forum that is seeing things WAY different that I am......Even though we are on different sides of the political platform and a different race, we typically agree on most things.......this one we do not.

The only side should be truth. Let the investigation play out. There are enough hands on the pie that everything will come out and nothing will be swept under the rug. TVC has said, and I second these types of investigations are very time consuming. This is just amazing to me. Things will drag now as reports are filed, witnesess are interviewed, test results are requested and so on. This flying off the handle and assumption the officer was wrong just doesn't fly. We shall see, and then whatever the truth is will be revealed.