BISD athletics cut?

fox

The city could save tons of money by doing away with police department. They could go back to hiring Beaumont PD for probably $40 an hour, but not have to worry about health insurance, retirement, police vehicles, etc. There are alot of school districts that have PD's, but when it comes to crunch time, districts can save alot when contracted out to city and county. Problem is the school district can't dictate who is arrested, ticketed, etc. Police can actually take care of issues instead of political BS. That's the straight up answer. Districts only create PD's to keep everything under the rug.             

Beaumont PD is $35 a hour to contract them for security. I think a district PD can be effect with the right chief in place. I think it is good thing for the safety for the students. 

BPD and Jefferson County SO handled security just fine for many years before they created the ISD PD. The problem for the ISD is that Beaumont PD won't allow the administration to dictate their job as police officers.

Isnt Central gaining enrollment? Ozen on the decline, next realignment I expect them to drop to 4A. Too much politics though, honestly I dont see BISD closing any HS.

which school is gaining or losing enrollment really would not matter. if one school closed the other two would gain enrollment.

i was thinking more along the lines that ozen is a newer school with better facilities than central.

i would not put anything past this new school board they don't care about politics. they are here to fix the budget problem  bottom line. 

I think BISD Police are complaining, because they wanna keep there jobs. If I was on the board the School Police would be the first to go. There taking up entirety to much funding

i agree but i guess you could say that about athletics also.

i heard rumors that nederland has offered to lease the BUTCH for their home games since they play so well there………….. ;)