Kountze open?

I know both Joubert and Franklin pretty well. Joubert has a goal to sometime be a college basketball coach. Franklin told me the other day that his long term goal is to be a college baseball coach. They are both good guys and both have sacrificed to make the system work in Kountze. I hope that both are able to reach their career goals. I want to compliment them for the excellent job that they have done and wish them the best in the future. Franklin did a great job and if Joubert is selected to be the coach (which I believe he will be) then I think he will do a great job. Kountze has some talented athletes and I believe that the school will have more success in the future. 

Joubert knows how to lead kids and be successful. He is respected by the community of Kountze and the Southeast Texas community and the state of Texas. He played college and semi-pro football and the team started becoming more competitive  recently with him as a football assistant. I think with him providing leadership at the top and letting the OC run the offense and Harper run the defense then Kountze will continue to roll . 

Joubert knows how to lead kids and be successful. He is respected by the community of Kountze and the Southeast Texas community and the state of Texas. He played college and semi-pro football and the team started becoming more competitive recently with him as a football assistant. I think with him providing leadership at the top and letting the OC run the offense and Harper run the defense then Kountze will continue to roll .

he did not help with football last year

If he gets the football gig, does he stop coaching bball? Does he want to stop? He's so good in the gym, why risk it? Make Joubert tge AD and then hire a football guy.

Not too many "football" guys that will take a 3A football gig without the AD attached to it. ;)

It's probably in Kountze's best interest to have Joubert take over as AD/football HC and then hire a basketball coach.

AggiesAreWe why not put him for both sports?

Because Kountze deserves to have two head coaches. The Kountze basketball program deserves to have a head coach that can be with the players at the outset of the season. If Kountze football makes any kind of playoff run, Joubert would be too involved with the football team. That program should not be short changed.

I honestly believe Joubert could do both this coming season just to get Kountze out of a bind. But I don't think he would want to do all three duties (AD, football & basketball HC) for long term. I don't think KISD would want that either.

bighornet, you should know with the great football program you have at your school. You are making a decision that this man
should be the coach, not that he should be considered but be the selection. My point is that there may be a better coach apply
for the job. Your have already made your choice/final selection without seeing all that is available. Now, that's my opinion..

I can't imagine Duane wanting to give up the basketball job, as late in the summer as it is it will be tough to hire a good football HC. Joubert should have been made the AD or at least a co AD years ago.I don't see Kountze doing anything to harm their basketball program. I don't know anything about the football staff but there are some really good assistants on the basketball bench .