Kountze open?

bighornet, you should know with the great football program you have at your school. You are making a decision that this manshould be the coach, not that he should be considered but be the selection. My point is that there may be a better coach applyfor the job. Your have already made your choice/final selection without seeing all that is available. Now, that's my opinion..

Your sarcasm is so hurtful. Not

He didn't coach FB last year because he wasn't assigned/asked.

Make him AD. Head BB. Hire a FB HC

He deserves the AD, played college FB, played for the Drillers, very smart FB mind
Also coaches Tennis. And. Cross country.

That would be a wise thing to do though. Just promote a Head Football Coach within the staff, and hire another assistant.

Nope I bet he coaches both this year.. Then they search for a head basketball next year

Guess Kountze won't be the first in SETX to break the trend and cycle of being a AD/Head Football Coach. Which I thought if your Athletic Director it's your decision and choice to assign individuals to each particular sport. JUST MY OPINION

Guess Kountze won't be the first in SETX to break the trend and cycle of being a AD/Head Football Coach. Which I thought if your Athletic Director it's your decision and choice to assign individuals to each particular sport. JUST MY OPINION

Joubert is most likely gonna be head football/AD

Why would anyone want to give up a position he routinely takes to the regional and state levels to build a program that has 1 playoff appearance in 40 years? I'm a firm believer that Joubert will be successful on either bench but it sure looks like it would be tough to walk away from the basketball job at Kountze.

Why would anyone want to give up a position he routinely takes to the regional and state levels to build a program that has 1 playoff appearance in 40 years? I'm a firm believer that Joubert will be successful on either bench but it sure looks like it would be tough to walk away from the basketball job at Kountze.

Maybe the future looks brighter as far as football over basketball.. Been in Kountze my whole life and I have to say based off talent coming up there could be some down years in basketball

I haven't seen many down years in Kountze basketball since the early 70's :)

I say down.. I mean not to great.. I see us at regionals this year hopefully but we have no size really on the court and who knows if Arnold will play his senior year... Just saying lol

There is a difference in not going to state and being down LOL . There are a lot of clubs that would like to have Kountze's down years on the BB court. It would be a huge mistake for Arnold not to play his senior season, he is something special on the hardwood.

Wonder how this will effect Ethan's commitment to Lamar?...from my understanding he committed to them after decommitting fron TCU due to being close to home...while it's Beaumont will still be closer than Fort Worth it seems that 6A exposure could lead to more offers closer to a new home.

Wonder how this will effect Ethan's commitment to Lamar?...from my understanding he committed to them after decommitting fron TCU due to being close to home...while it's Beaumont will still be closer than Fort Worth it seems that 6A exposure could lead to more offers closer to a new home.

it want effect it. He already had the college exposure. He will just get more professional attention

How can you people be on this website and make assumptions about Duane in regards to being basketball minded? Did you not have anything to do with local football in southeast Texas in the early 90's. Aside from that, the guy is a football legend at Hardin Jefferson. He is an offensive minded genius and knows the game better than anyone in the area, guaranteed. How can you not know him and if you don't know him, link him to being a basketball guy? Somebody, please help you !!!!

DJ is football "minded" and basketball gifted. He has flew under the radar for many year and now it's his time to shine.

By the way : My offensive coordinator in Hardin (2000-2003) -- What does that equal - 3 straight playoff appearances

Make him the AD/HC and those appearances would have turned into much more, jmo

How can you people be on this website and make assumptions about Duane in regards to being basketball minded? Did you not have anything to do with local football in southeast Texas in the early 90's. Aside from that, the guy is a football legend at Hardin Jefferson. He is an offensive minded genius and knows the game better than anyone in the area, guaranteed. How can you not know him and if you don't know him, link him to being a basketball guy? Somebody, please help you !!!!

DJ is football "minded" and basketball gifted. He has flew under the radar for many year and now it's his time to shine.

By the way : My offensive coordinator in Hardin (2000-2003) -- What does that equal - 3 straight playoff appearances
Make him the AD/HC and those appearances would have turned into much more, jmo

check your PM