will your FG kicker be back and how strong is leg

With all of the strong soccer programs locally, you would think that kickers would not be a problem. I'm also they guy that thought a restaurant named Chili's would have good chili...

Actually a very large misconception is soccer players make good kickers. Most kickers have played soccer but the teqnique is completely different. Being an excellent soccer player doesnt automatically make you a good fieldgoal kicker and vice versa. In soccer, you want your knee over the ball to keep the ball down while kicking a football you want your knee behind the ball to create lift. When you are trained one way for so long, its hard to reverse your muscle memory for the other. Just saying.lol

Actually a very large misconception is soccer players make good kickers. Most kickers have played soccer but the teqnique is completely different. Being an excellent soccer player doesnt automatically make you a good fieldgoal kicker and vice versa. In soccer, you want your knee over the ball to keep the ball down while kicking a football you want your knee behind the ball to create lift. When you are trained one way for so long, its hard to reverse your muscle memory for the other. Just saying.lol

I have heard this before, but there have been too many good field goal kickers that were studs on the soccer field. Part of the problem seems to be coaches not really concerned about a kicking game until sometime in the fall on a fourth down. I really believe there are talented kids that could kick field goals that dont suit up for football.

At PN-G, we need to find the next D. East.  I don't know how strong of a kicking leg/foot he had, but to me it did not matter.  When the Indians needed a 30-yard FG, he made it.  When the Indians needed a 38-yard FG, he made it.  When Indians needed a 15-yard FG, he made it.  And, most important, when it was clutch, he made it, i.e., when he needed to make a FG  with very little time left to beat Ozen and put PN-G in the 2013 playoffs, he made it.  He had poise, his balls were brass, and his leg/foot was "strong enough."

Let's go find the next D. East at PN-G.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I just hope dayton doesn't have to bust out the old kicking toe again. I will never forget seeing Cody Green with that big kicking toe kick his only field goal of the year to put dayton in the state championship game. Dayton has had some really good kickers for the last 5 or so years.

That's correct because before the past 5 or so yrs.we weren't kicking fg's=we were scoring tds