Crosby 7 on 7 Tournament this weekend

We have the JV QB that traveled with Varsity last year. Didn't he lead the JV after Morse moved up? He's good. Don't worry people, we got it covered. ;)

lemoine is not playing this year…… ;) he is going straight golf

A lot of Teams around the State wish they had PNG's scenario at QB. If the "Fans" allow these young men to be teammates this could be huge for the Indians. If Morse wins, you have a proven backup standing in the Gap. Outside influences can Tear Teams apart. Fans Keep your Darn nose out of it & let the Kids & Coaches handle it on the Field. Good Luck Indians

If you don't make it to any other game, at least go to the Central game. Its on a Saturday at the Butch, so it shouldn't interfere with the Raiders schedule. That should be the game of the season, after MCM of course.

Might be the longest game of the season ;)

The Chief will have it covered. ;)

Have you seen Morse lately? I don't think he will be getting hurt. 

please don't jinx morse. everybody is subject to injuries.

point being last year png could of used morse in other roles he is an athlete. it was told they did not want to risk his injury because he was the back up QB.

no athlete should have to sit on the bench when he can be helping the team.

just wondering why the same rule is not going apply this year?

If you don't make it to any other game, at least go to the Central game. Its on a Saturday at the Butch, so it shouldn't interfere with the Raiders schedule. That should be the game of the season, after MCM of course.

As of right now I'm going to the Tyler CH game. When I lived in Tyler I lived in their school district.

please don't jinx morse. everybody is subject to injuries.

point being last year png could of used morse in other roles he is an athlete. it was told they did not want to risk his injury because he was the back up QB.

no athlete should have to sit on the bench when he can be helping the team.

just wondering why the same rule is not going apply this year?

I like it alot when a fan knows more than the coach. Especially a good coach. Keep up the back seat coaching your doing great!!!!!!!!!!

Shows what you know.

Adam Morse finished the SC game in which Walker went out injured in the first quarter, and finished the LCM and Crosby games in which Walker was lets say ineffective. He also got a series against Ozen when Wlaker was injured on the sideline.

SC game Morse was 21/35 for 162

LCM game Morse was 5/10 for 54

Crosby game Morse was 18/32 for 196

So thats 44/77 for 412. The other 9 passes and 76 yards came in mop up time against folks like Lumberton, Liv, and Vidor.

The only other time Morse was in the game was on short yardage to utilize his size.

QB by committee would insinuate that last year they rotated series. Never happened. And won't happen again this year. One of the two will win the job and if the winner is injured or ineffective the other one will step in.

Hmm, seems like I remember some PNG faithful calling for Morse to come in when Walker was throwing INTs, and were happy when he was in.  Never mind, no controversy here!!  ;)

If one QB is throwing Interceptions and another QB is put in, and said QB does not throw an interception....Why wouldn't we be happy?

Both QB's are exceptional players, we're lucky they both wear Purple and White. If ones having a bad game, why not put your back up in? Its a good thing Coach Faircloth doesn't listen to the rumblings in the stands from the bleacher coaches. We probably wouldn't have won ANY games last season. :ph34r:

congrats to PNG on winning the 7 on  7 tournament. Good showing on winning a tournament that you got kicked out of the previous year. I think it is a good indicator that Morse will be starter this year while Walker will be cornerback and backup should Morse go down or have a non productive game with multiple turnovers etc. But with that being said I still don't put much stock into the whole 7 on 7 thing. It helps with the timing between QB and WRs, but in the end I still believe  it doesn't matter till its 11 on  11 in pads with full contact and coaches making or not making calls. Do I think we will win state honestly no, do I think we can go out win district , oust Nederland and put a stop to their 4 year win streak hell yes. I can see us going to the second round of playoffs , but who knows that is why they play the game. I honestly think PNG is a legit contender for district title this year along with Central and Nederland, I'm not overlooking GCM because they are new to the district, Lee I know nothing about consider them the bottom feeders this year. I'm expecting good things this year from PNG, with that being said I'm still worried about Defense and special teams as I am every year. It kills me to see our defense not put pressure on a punter on fourth down and have the ball sail over the kickers head and our entire defensive line is standing flat footed playing patty cake with the offensive line. We blew some golden opportunities last year on fourth down.

If one QB is throwing Interceptions and another QB is put in, and said QB does not throw an interception....Why wouldn't we be happy?

Both QB's are exceptional players, we're lucky they both wear Purple and White. If ones having a bad game, why not put your back up in? Its a good thing Coach Faircloth doesn't listen to the rumblings in the stands from the bleacher coaches. We probably wouldn't have won ANY games last season. :ph34r:

Totally agree. I wish we had this problem @ Ozen. Heck who wouldn't want that sort of depth @ any position. Keep the Haters in your Rear View Indians

Lil Tex how you feeling, hope you are better, who knows what will happen come playoff time. I m hoping for a matchup with Crosby, but if the two purple teams do meet I know it will be a good game. I m still worried about our defense and special teams, offensively we should be solid. Heard rumors that our chief has been invited to interview in the Dallas area, I guess he might be leaving us. Hope not, he has done some good things here so far offensively.

• 1 month later...