Another Attack...

smitty

The homosexual community is fine with you unless you dont agree 100% with them! Nonsense, where's your tolerance. Their strategy is working which is to have less people speak out on what the believe in fear of losing their job  sounds like discrimination to me! jmo

I'm curious if the brothers can sue HGTV for discrimination...provided contracts were signed (which I don't think any were). A gay couple sued a photographer (and won) for refusing to photograph their wedding. Shouldn't the same standard apply here?

I doubt it.  HGTV has a right to hire whoever they want and run which ever TV shows they want.  If it was found that the brothers had their "rights" violated by this, then you and I could tape a show in Smitty's garage and then start suing networks for violating our rights by not playing it.

what attack from the "gay mafia"?  a group reported something that was true, and then HGTV decided not to get involved with a pair of brothers who hold anti-gay rallies and lead protests outside of abortion clinics.

Bullets, do you believe( Honestly, please) that if these two men, instead of participating in the aformentioned rallies/protests, had been a part of Occupy Wall Street movement/demonstrations, that the same result would have taken place?

thats what I said they have a different point of view so why should they be fired?

because their views clearly don't align with HGTV, who then chose to let them go.  HGTV's choice.  Being a member of the militant right (my term for the farthest outer fringes) isn't near the positive career move that it used to be.

Bullets, do you believe( Honestly, please) that if these two men, instead of participating in the aformentioned rallies/protests, had been a part of Occupy Wall Street movement/demonstrations, that the same result would have taken place?

Nope, i don't.  But had the show been airing on foxnews, and they were a part of Occupy Wall Street, i think the same result would've taken place.  Hollywood is very liberal.  It should come as no surprise that their views and actions were considered offensive by enough of the higher ups at HGTV that they lost their show. 

I doubt it.  HGTV has a right to hire whoever they want and run which ever TV shows they want.  If it was found that the brothers had their "rights" violated by this, then you and I could tape a show in Smitty's garage and then start suing networks for violating our rights by not playing it.

Could we sue if the networks said they would play our films then back out when they found out we were anti-gay? If a party says the reason for backing out of a deal was because of the other's party's stance on the gay issue, then that sounds like discrimination to me. A precedent has been set on one side of the stance. Shouldn't that precedent be expounded to the other side of the stance?

A photographer should be able to accept and/or refuse whatever job he wants...or doesn't want. A restaurant should be able to serve or refuse to serve whoever they want. The courts have ruled they can't refuse service (discriminate) based on sexual orientation. Doesn't this fit that bill?

If a guy walks into a restaurant and tells the waitress "I'm opposed to gay marriage", can the waitress legally refuse to serve him based on that one thing?

Could we sue if the networks said they would play our films then back out when they found out we were anti-gay? If a party says the reason for backing out of a deal was because of the other's party's stance on the gay issue, then that sounds like discrimination to me. A precedent has been set on one side of the stance. Shouldn't that precedent be expounded to the other side of the stance?

A photographer should be able to accept and/or refuse whatever job he wants...or doesn't want. A restaurant should be able to serve or refuse to serve whoever they want. The courts have ruled they can't refuse service (discriminate) based on sexual orientation. Doesn't this fit that bill?

If a guy walks into a restaurant and tells the waitress "I'm opposed to gay marriage", can the waitress legally refuse to serve him based on that one thing?

it's a tough issue.  it doesn't feel the same to me.  maybe not comparing apples to oranges, but at least comparing green apples to red apples. 

let me put another hypothetical to you... if i am a white boss, i should not discriminate against someone because they are black in the hiring process.  but that being said, shouldn't i still be alright discriminating against someone who openly supported white supremacist groups?  or the same black guy, if he says he hates white people?  can i then not hire him, even though it's his right to hate white people? 

BTW, I was not trying to imply you, me or Smitty was anti-gay or pro-gay. I was just sticking to the you and me theme from your post. 

it's all good, bud.  BTW, i am pro-gay rights.  And while i respect these guy's rights to protest homosexuality and abortion, i also respect HGTV's right to protest their protests by not giving them a contract.  It's kind of a twisted issue when you really dig into it. 

it's a tough issue.  it doesn't feel the same to me.  maybe not comparing apples to oranges, but at least comparing green apples to red apples. 

let me put another hypothetical to you... if i am a white boss, i should not discriminate against someone because they are black in the hiring process.  but that being said, shouldn't i still be alright discriminating against someone who openly supported white supremacist groups?  or the same black guy, if he says he hates white people?  can i then not hire him, even though it's his right to hate white people? 

Neither you, nor anyone else on the planet would fire that guy for his hatefule beliefs!!!  You know that, and I know that!!  He is in a protected class, and protected classes have superior rights to hate and be intolerant!!  That is exactly how the gay mafia is operating!!!

And NOTB, there's a difference between firing and NOT HIRING someone. It's a lot tougher once someone has a job and proves they can perform it. Before you hire you can use the old "there was someone else I felt was more qualified" argument.

I doubt it. HGTV has a right to hire whoever they want and run which ever TV shows they want. If it was found that the brothers had their "rights" violated by this, then you and I could tape a show in Smitty's garage and then start suing networks for violating our rights by not playing it.

roflmbo

Yes, it looks like HGTV was bullied.  In other words a "SMEAR CAMPAIGN" was orchestrated by the gay mafia!  And the left is supposed to the tolerate bunch.  Yeah, right!  :rolleyes:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/benham-brothers-flip-it-forward-hgtv-continue-work-shoot/

I love how when the right gets criticized for being intolerant, their only response is "but they're not being tolerant of us being intolerant!"

HGTV and any other network has the right to air whatever and whoever they want. We have the right to support the network or not. This is however the growing dynamic in this country; the expression of biblical beliefs is becoming more and more offensive to our country. Sad indeed.

I love how when the right gets criticized for being intolerant, their only response is "but they're not being tolerant of us being intolerant!"

Who's being intolerent?  Am I, or any others here, stopping the gays from doing anything.  But THEY bully all the time if one doesn't think like they do.  I just call their actions for what it is.  But no one is denying them anything.  But -- that can't be said for them, right?!   What so you?

Who's being intolerent?  Am I, or any others here, stopping the gays from doing anything.  But THEY bully all the time if one doesn't think like they do.  I just call their actions for what it is.  But no one is denying them anything.  But -- that can't be said for them, right?!   What so you?

Oh cool, i didn't know you'd changed your stance on them getting married, couples insurance rights, etc... or being substitute teachers in lumberton, for that matter.  but i'm glad to hear you've come around. 

and i know you'll never be convinced to believe this, but if Gays and Lesbians were treated the same as everyone else, they wouldn't have the need to gang up on their opponents and "bully" those who have been discriminating against them for decades.

All in all, though, i'm not surprised that you think these guys protesting about things you disagree with is fine and dandy, but others who disagree with THEM is just "typical liberal bully gay mafia" stuff.

Oh cool, i didn't know you'd changed your stance on them getting married, couples insurance rights, etc... or being substitute teachers in lumberton, for that matter.  but i'm glad to hear you've come around. 

and i know you'll never be convinced to believe this, but if Gays and Lesbians were treated the same as everyone else, they wouldn't have the need to gang up on their opponents and "bully" those who have been discriminating against them for decades.

All in all, though, i'm not surprised that you think these guys protesting about things you disagree with is fine and dandy, but others who disagree with THEM is just "typical liberal bully gay mafia" stuff.

I never said I agreed with their life style.  The bible says it's "un-natural."  That's my stance.  But never said anything about stopping them.  But, there is a gay mafia out there that stifles any decent. 

So, it's everybody elses fault that makes them attack those that don't agree with them?  Hummm, typical liberal stance.    :rolleyes: