Famous Jameis

Kiper dropped him on his big board today from #3 to #25. Mariota is smiling over in Oregon as he now looks to easily be the #1 QB taken.

The talk this morning was that the current state of the NFL is forcing owners to shy away from the likes of Jameis and those college players that can't keep their noses clean.

We will see how long that lasts. 

Sounds like Jimbo stole a page from Sumlin's book. He missed the part about doing it in a Rice game and not against your toughest conference opponent.

In other news, Marcus Mariotta officially thanks Winston from withdrawing from the Heisman race.

Sumlin needs to get with Jimbo to see how to set up a "relationship" with the local PoPo.

This is really kind of sad.

I know what Famous Jameis was stupid and I also know that there are questions surrounding him and the rape charge.

But when has it become a probational offense to BE STUPID or OFFENSIVE.  

The PC world has taken over and players in the NCAA and the NFL better be aware and prepared to pay the price for being Stupid.  Yet they can do drugs now and be re-instated almost immediately - kinda mixed signals I  think  :P

I know what Famous Jameis was stupid and I also know that there are questions surrounding him and the rape charge.

The PC world has taken over and players in the NCAA and the NFL better be aware and prepared to pay the price for being Stupid. Yet they can do drugs now and be re-instated almost immediately - kinda mixed signals I think :P

I think they took all of the issues he has in account for this suspension. I don't think they would have suspended him for yelling that in public unless he had other issues. Lying to FSU administrators didn't help his case either.

The PC world has taken over and players in the NCAA and the NFL better be aware and prepared to pay the price for being Stupid. Yet they can do drugs now and be re-instated almost immediately - kinda mixed signals I think :P

I am torn on this one. I don't have a big problem with the suspension but I COMPLETELY get what you're saying too.

Football is a rough and violent sport. Its hard to find men that can turn it on when playing and turn it off when not on the field; although that is what is required to participate in a civilized society. Look at it this way... If you did the same actions Jamies Winston has, what would your employer do?

So we should not get upset when a police officer shoots his family?

95% of these players do the right things. I do not have a problem with eliminating that other 5% if they can't.

I am torn on this one. I don't have a big problem with the suspension but I COMPLETELY get what you're saying too.

I am way more upset about the rape issue (and the handling of that case (or lack thereof)) than him standing and making some stupid statements out loud.  However, I tend to believe and agree with PhatMack19 and believe that he is correct and this was just an action taken due to all the issues that have surrounded Famous Jameis - the singing of the obnoxious song was just the straw that broke the camels back - so to say.

I am way more upset about the rape issue (and the handling of that case (or lack thereof)) than him standing and making some stupid statements out loud.

Me too - 100%.

Maybe I am seeing it wrong or am desensitized to language stuff but it seems to me the offense he got suspended for is being an immature a-hole. I am sure you and PM19 are correct on WHY it happened. But to me, I would rather see him suspended for 3 or 4 games for committing the crime of theft from a grocery store than a half, a quarter, or a series for this. (I use the theft as an example because I don't think any of us really knows what happened in the rape case. If he did that, he shouldn't be playing football anywhere IMO.)

@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Suspended QB Jameis Winston came onto the field in full uniform, but Jimbo Fisher sent him back to the locker room to change.

Just saw those events transpire on ABC. He obviously does not understand what an ass he really is. Jumbo looked like me when I deal with my 12! year old.