The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

All I can say is as long as you " boys" keep winning & packing the house, I'll keep paying you, but "you" aren't allowed in my arena without a uniform. Please don't bring your Black friends or Family. Obviously these are my words, but this is what I heard. As a Black man I'm not offended by this guy Sterling because Cowards usually handle things in this manner. What pisses me off is this bogus explanation. What's worse in the NBA knowing this Slave Master hasn't & won't change his views of Minorities or non whites. Our Black community has had it's share of Leaders or Role Models, but they are a far cry from being Great as Dr MLK or Muhammad Ali. Dr King died for his cause, but believed his kids would see his DREAM. GOAT Ali served time in jail, had his Titles stripped for his beliefs. All this was done so I can volunteer as a Coach, work a job my grandfather couldn't, vacation in places my family wasn't Allowed, send my kids to schools my Aunts & Uncles couldn't Attend, and even ENTER doors that were & ARE still CLOSED today. So this gesture the Clipper players displayed was very WEAK. So to All you parents who love these Athletes & your kids look up to them, have them Google ALI. You may not agree with All he has done in his life, but when it was time to take a STAND, he did it and did so ALONE. I won't make excuses because I'm about growth & change. As much as things have changed, the more they are the SAME. I'm not ignorant to the fact that Racism is alive & well, but I also know that there is Much more work to do to Raise awareness of Racism. America: what does that mean to you???

I don't agree with much he says but this is one of his wiser quotes.

"When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk. That's what happened here," the President said.

Silver can't really do much other than sanction him, it will be up to the other NBA owners...

This is true. Silver can fine and suspend him but not much else.

The other owners have to unite and force him to sell the team. If he doesn't agree to sell, this will get pretty ugly from a legal standpoint.

This is true. Silver can fine and suspend him but not much else.

The other owners have to unite and force him to sell the team. If he doesn't agree to sell, this will get pretty ugly from a legal standpoint.

Yeah, he will have a real hard time finding coaches or players or any other staff for that matter that will work for him.  Not to mention fans not going to the games.  Plus any lawsuits for discrimination that will probably come up.

@MySportsLegion: State Farm's CEO confirmed on ESPN radio that they are pulling all sponsorships off the Clippers, in response to Sterling's comments.

@NewsBreaker: FALLOUT: State Farm is pulling its sponsorship of the Clippers. Wow. Others expected to do the same, @nickfasuloSBN reports

Players starting to lose $$$$

@BlkSportsOnline: BSO: Will The Clippers Receive the First NBA "Death Penalty"? http://bit.ly/1m10GmG via @KelDansby

Must read. Very interesting.

Doubtful.  No reason to penalize the players or coaches.  They will probably do what they did to Marge Shott, Ban him from being at any games or the offices until the team is sold.

Well said, Dove. Dove, would you care to guess with which political party this individual is affiliated?

Well said, Dove. Dove, would you care to guess with which political party this individual is affiliated?

so naming a political party makes this situation better or worse? I HIGHLY doubt the NBA Commissioner, owners and players give a damn about what political party he may be affiliated with.