The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

You are correct.  Lets get this thread back on topic please.

It is about the topic...this man has been known to be a racist for a long time now...no secret.

Why has he been given a pass by the league, players and even being given an award by the NAACP.

BigCam pointed out this hypocrisy in an earlier post...so why would a guy like this get a pass all these years?

Could it have anything to do with money that he has donated?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/clippers/2014/04/28/donald-sterling-clippers-naacp-alice-huffman/8411441/

Can anyone tell me what punishment was dealt to Isaiah Thomas when he said that if Larry Bird were black, he would have been just another player?  What action was taken against Dennis Rodman when he said that Bird was overrated and that he had won three straight MVP awards ONLY because he was white?

You know how you get rid of racism? You laugh it off and ignore what guys like Sterling say. It keeps racism alive by making such a big deal out of what one idiot says... It's like with school shootings, it makes it look more enticing to some people.

yea, pretty sure thats what the last commissioner was doing: laughing it off. I dont think this new commissioner is gonna let that mentality fly anymore, and I applaud him for it.

Deal with it behind closed doors instead of throwing a fit about it on every media station.

aint that simple when it involves an organization: NBA.

Do you agree with how MLB handled the Marge Schott situation which is quite similar to this one? It was in the public eye as well.

ignoring people like him only strengths him. Message need to be sent that we wont tolerate it. You keep ignoring things like this then you'll wake up to the problem in your own backyard

I agree, and I think the last commissioner was ignoring alot of Sterling's past issues, this new one isn't doing that.

I loved that last paragraph at the bottom. I chuckled a bit.

I did too. it makes no difference if they are Republican or Democrats if they are self-serving idiots.

I can't stand baseball, so I honestly have no idea what situation you're referring to. xD

May be before your time... I remember it all too well; Maybe because I Ioved to hate Pete Rose. Anyway, Marge Schott was the owner of the Cincinatti Reds in the 70s. She showed more love for her dog than her players or employees. She made many racist comments during her tenure, but was finally pushed out of baseball when she said that " Adolph Hitler was good in the beginning, he just went too far." I've seen here name pop up a couple of times since the Donald Sterling fiasco started.

Can anyone tell me what punishment was dealt to Isaiah Thomas when he said that if Larry Bird were black, he would have been just another player?  What action was taken against Dennis Rodman when he said that Bird was overrated and that he had won three straight MVP awards ONLY because he was white?

Not the same Nash. Good try though!!!