Black Panthers In Wrong City

thetragichippy

The Black Panthers are rallying in Jasper Monday afternoon in support of Alfred Wright's family and to protest the investigation into his death.

Why wouldn't they protest in the city it actually happened.......if they are concerned...

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_9553.shtml

I think so.....but that is not were he died. He died in Hemphill.  They are claiming he was lynched (according to the news).

Would you agree that holding the rally where he was from (being Jasper) instead of Hemphill would bring more press and coverage to this unfortunate situation? The only reason I knew about this rally was cause of it being plastered on twitter since it was in Jasper.

I think so.....but that is not were he died. He died in Hemphill.  They are claiming he was lynched (according to the news).

The family is seeking justice for their dead son. Maybe they have tried other reasonable ways for closure and needed to step up the pressure to obtain national exposure. 

Would you agree that holding the rally where he was from (being Jasper) instead of Hemphill would bring more press and coverage to this unfortunate situation? The only reason I knew about this was cause of it being plastered on twitter since it was in Jasper.

Maybe.....I think since CNN distorted a lot of the facts and made it a national story, anywhere would of brought media coverage.

They need to protest to the people that they have the problem with,,,,,,and I don't think it is Jasper.  IMO

All I saw was a line formation by authorities and a black panther member talking and people taking photos or recording it.

Participants in the protest demanded entry into the Department of Public Safety building.  Troopers stood side-by-side to keep them from entering the building.

A peaceful demonstration would not need 25 troopers side by side to keep people from entering the building..... 

of course, I have never been to a protest rally...so that may be considered peaceful.

3472912_G.jpg

All I saw was a line formation by authorities and a black panther member talking and people taking photos or recording it.

Thats all I saw.

Maybe.....I think since CNN distorted a lot of the facts and made it a national story, anywhere would of brought media coverage.

They need to protest to the people that they have the problem with,,,,,,and I don't think it is Jasper.  IMO

Protesting for JUSTICE has no boundaries. If an American is wrongfully locked up in Cuba, well you already know what happens, don't yall!!!

Participants in the protest demanded entry into the Department of Public Safety building.  Troopers stood side-by-side to keep them from entering the building.

A peaceful demonstration would not need 25 troopers side by side to keep people from entering the building..... 

of course, I have never been to a protest rally...so that may be considered peaceful.

3472912_G.jpg

Fire hazard I'm sure. BECAUSE you have a constitutional right to protest.  The history of this country is based on protest.

Thats all I saw.

Protesting for JUSTICE has no boundaries. If an American is wrongfully locked up in Cuba, well you already know what happens, don't yall!!!

This happened in November and after handing it over to the FBI, Texas Rangers and who ever else, nothing else has happened or been discovered. It's been 5 months.....

Funny how the good citizens of Jasper, blacks included, told the panthers to take their #*£€ down the road last time they were there.

makes me wonder why people would want to affiliate themselves with a documented racial hate group for any reason???