Roy Williams

SPECIAL TEAMS

P

Mat McBriar

K

Dan Bailey

Special Teamer

Bill Bates

Hmmm! I really came on here to make sure you had the greatest cornerbacks listed for the Cowboys. Green & Renfro. Good job.

Now for running backs: Don Perkins.

No Duane Thomas?  :o

I can't take credit for this list.  The DC.com writers put this list out.  They only went with  a starter and a backup.  I think the list is about as good as it can get. 

Which position do you think is the strongest? 

Are there any current players that can eventually take a spot on this list?

I can't take credit for this list.  The DC.com writers put this list out.  They only went with  a starter and a backup.  I think the list is about as good as it can get. 

Which position do you think is the strongest? 

After Tony Dorsett left the Cowboys, I stopped being a fan. I always loved the DB's for the Cowboys. Cornell Green, Renfro ( nobody wore #20 like Renfro), and E. Walls was a beast too.

After Tony Dorsett left the Cowboys, I stopped being a fan. I always loved the DB's for the Cowboys. Cornell Green, Renfro ( nobody wore #20 like Renfro), and E. Walls was a beast too.

The conversation has to be between Renfro and Green for the second spot.  If playing on the team is the only criteria, Neon Deion is a lock.  Best CB of all time in many people's estimation (including my own).

• 2 weeks later...

LT Smith could have a long and very productive career. He's still very, very young, but impressive and keeps improving. He could make the list down the road and maybe suplant Williams as a starter.

MLB Sean Lee probably will never make the list due to playing time with the injuries (I don't expect him to play too many years in the league) but if he were healthy he would eventually make the list.

Too early to tell, but Rookie Center Fredrick looked great last year. If he produces like that for any length of time he could see the list especially since he really only has to suplant an up and down player like Gurode.

Thats about it.

Oh and Dez Bryant is on the list, but maybe a tad pre-maturely?? Not sure he should have suplanted Tony Hill yet, but given another year or two he should with certainty.

The conversation has to be between Renfro and Green for the second spot.  If playing on the team is the only criteria, Neon Deion is a lock.  Best CB of all time in many people's estimation (including my own).

Not fair. You never saw Renfro play!!!!  :)   Renfro ran punts, kickoffs, interceptions, AND running back when called upon.

LT Smith could have a long and very productive career. He's still very, very young, but impressive and keeps improving. He could make the list down the road and maybe suplant Williams as a starter.

MLB Sean Lee probably will never make the list due to playing time with the injuries (I don't expect him to play too many years in the league) but if he were healthy he would eventually make the list.

Too early to tell, but Rookie Center Fredrick looked great last year. If he produces like that for any length of time he could see the list especially since he really only has to suplant an up and down player like Gurode.

Thats about it.

Oh and Dez Bryant is on the list, but maybe a tad pre-maturely?? Not sure he should have suplanted Tony Hill yet, but given another year or two he should with certainty.

I agree with Tyron Smith and Travis Fredrick.  Smith is turning into one heck of a LT.  Fredrick really reminds me of Step in the way he moves but he is a lot larger than Stepnoski was.  If he continues to improve he has the chance to be the most dominating center the COWBOYS have ever had.

Mark Stepnoski  6'2"  265

Travis Fredrick  6'3"  317

Not fair. You never saw Renfro play!!!!  :)   Renfro ran punts, kickoffs, interceptions, AND running back when called upon.

Not true!  I was young (younger than you!) but I remember ol' #20 well.  As far as running punts, kickoffs, and interceptions, I think #21 was more than a bit better than Mel.  I don't know that he ever played RB, but he did get some snaps at WR.  Renfro was a beast, Primetime was the best.

Not true!  I was young (younger than you!) but I remember ol' #20 well.  As far as running punts, kickoffs, and interceptions, I think #21 was more than a bit better than Mel.  I don't know that he ever played RB, but he did get some snaps at WR.  Renfro was a beast, Primetime was the best.

YEAH!YEAH!YEAH! #21. Look young whipper snapper, Mel, ran the rb for a few games when injuries came.

Wasn't "The Catch" (49'ers Montana to Clark for the winning TD) is what intercepted the Cowboys' dominence of the NFC made over
Everson Walls?

Wasn't "The Catch" (49'ers Montana to Clark for the winning TD) is what intercepted the Cowboys' dominence of the NFC made over
Everson Walls?

Dwight Clark never jumped that high in his life, before or since. People also forget that the Cowboys only needed a FG to win that game after the catch. Made it to mid field with time on the clock but Danny White took a hard sack and fumbled. That was the game. Very close to the catch being just another play.

There was a tigh end b4 Dupree that was good. Last name was Clark. Can't think of his first name at the moment.

Dove you hade me thinking for a minute who played for Dallas last name Clark, but you are right everyone remember that catch, many sad cowboy fans that day . :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dwight Clark never jumped that high in his life, before or since. People also forget that the Cowboys only needed a FG to win that game after the catch. Made it to mid field with time on the clock but Danny White took a hard sack and fumbled. That was the game. Very close to the catch being just another play.

I wish to change the subject matter, please. I knew I never should have participated in a Dallas Cowboy forum. I am so over them!!  :angry:

Dove you hade me thinking for a minute who played for Dallas last name Clark, but you are right everyone remember that catch, many sad cowboy fans that day . :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I can't tell you how many times my heart was broken watching the Cowboys play. As a little boy, I still remember the Ice Bowl in Green Bay. Still hurts till this day to think about it. Traumatized at such a young age.