DALLAS COWBOYS All-Time Team

I wish to change the subject matter, please. I knew I never should have participated in a Dallas Cowboy forum. I am so over them!! :angry:

Cowboys got their revenge. No one wants to remember the throw from Aikman to Alvin Harper for about 90 yards. How about the onside kick to start the second half? Its just the haters who remember the catch. Dallas has lots of memorable plays. 49 ers owned the 80s. Cowboys owned the 70s and 90s.

Cowboys got their revenge. No one wants to remember the throw from Aikman to Alvin Harper for about 90 yards. How about the onside kick to start the second half? Its just the haters who remember the catch. Dallas has lots of memorable plays. 49 ers owned the 80s. Cowboys owned the 70s and 90s.

Man, I remember that throw from Troy to Harp like it was yesterday.  The story behind that play is pretty interesting.  The COWBOYS had run that same play a few times throughout the game.  The play was designed to throw the slant to Michael Irvin, but Aikman's pre-snap read told him the slant would not be there.  The throw kept going to Harper on the other side.  Well, late in the game the same play is called.  Due to Troy's pre-snap read on this play, Irvin wanted the game in his hands, so he told Harper that he was switching positions.  Irvin actually lines up in Harper's position and Harper in Irvin's.   Troy looks at the defense and see's that the slant to Irvin is going to be there, however, he notices that Irvin is not lined up where he normally is.  It's actually Harper.  Troy said he just hoped Alvin would run the route the correct way and ran the play.  Harp runs the slant, makes the catch and the COWBOYS are headed to the Super Bowl.  Gives me chills!!!

Ahhh the 70's  :),  80's  :( , and 90's  :rolleyes:

Owned the 70's? If compared to 9'ers, yes. Steelers 4-0 in superbowls with 2 against Dallas. Dallas was 2-3. Numbers tell me steelers owned the 70's. But I can't math, so maybe I'm wrong.

Owned the 70's? If compared to 9'ers, yes. Steelers 4-0 in superbowls with 2 against Dallas. Dallas was 2-3. Numbers tell me steelers owned the 70's. But I can't math, so maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, like I don't remember the Steelers. Duh. The Cowboys owned the 70s like I said. From 1970 through 1979, the Cowboys won 105 regular season games, more than any other NFL franchise during that span.[7] In addition, they won two Super Bowls, at the end of the 1971 and 1977 regular seasons.

How's that for the math genius?

Yeah, like I don't remember the Steelers. Duh. The Cowboys owned the 70s like I said. From 1970 through 1979, the Cowboys won 105 regular season games, more than any other NFL franchise during that span.[7] In addition, they won two Super Bowls, at the end of the 1971 and 1977 regular seasons.

How's that for the math genius?

Well spoken with the duh. So for more math , you pick 6 more regular season wins v 2 more SUPERBOWL wins? And those TWO wins are against the cowboys. That makes a team better? Cowboy fans have changed their watermark of dominance. I would love to see a reference with data, besides your coo coo talk, that the cowboys owned the 70's over the Steelers. I'm not a fan of either, but your response shows why some people do not like the 2nd best team of the 70's.

I can't tell you how many times my heart was broken watching the Cowboys play. As a little boy, I still remember the Ice Bowl in Green Bay. Still hurts till this day to think about it. Traumatized at such a young age.

I don't think you can characterize yourself as a "little boy" when you were 19 at the time... 😉