**2014 NCAA Tourney Update Thread**

AggiesAreWe

And 2/3s of their NCAA Tourney qualifiers. Tennessee also made a good run getting to Sweet 16 as an 11 seed. Quality over quantity or did not enough SEC teams make the field?

The SEC was down this year as a whole. They were definitely top heavy with only 3 teams making the tourney. Florida was the only team that performed all year, with Kentucky figuring it out at the right time. I was really just kidding about the SEC chant.

The SEC was down this year as a whole. They were definitely top heavy with only 3 teams making the tourney. Florida was the only team that performed all year, with Kentucky figuring it out at the right time. I was really just kidding about the SEC chant.

3 of the best 16 teams in the tournament, half of the Final Four. Not too shabby.

What's funny about the NCAA tourney is that I can look at the few brackets that picked a UConn/Kentucky final and call them morons, even though they got it completely right. Neither team should've made it this far. St. Joes handed UConn the game after blowing a big lead late in the opening round, and Louisville did the same thing for Kentucky in the round of 16. That's what makes the tourney awesome, though.

What's funny about the NCAA tourney is that I can look at the few brackets that picked a UConn/Kentucky final and call them morons, even though they got it completely right. Neither team should've made it this far. St. Joes handed UConn the game after blowing a big lead late in the opening round, and Louisville did the same thing for Kentucky in the round of 16. That's what makes the tourney awesome, though.

Really?? I guess we didnt watch the same 2 games. Uconn TOOK the game from St Joes, as for UK vs Louisville the cats own UL, that game was played the same way it was played at Rupp and the same outcome happened: UK won like they were supposed to. I guess Florida shouldnt have made that far the way they played versus EKU first game, I guess Wisconsin shouldnt have made it that far after struggling with #1seed Arizona and going to OT with them......

The refs and Louisville themselves gave UK that game. I sat there and watched them call touch fouls against Louisville the last 10 minutes and then let UK knock guys over with no call. And I was paying VERY close attention to that game, as I had Louisville in my finals. Louisville also made some stupid plays and missed some easy shots.

The refs and Louisville themselves gave UK that game. I sat there and watched them call touch fouls against Louisville the last 10 minutes and then let UK knock guys over with no call. And I was paying VERY close attention to that game, as I had Louisville in my finals. Louisville also made some stupid plays and missed some easy shots.

You sound like a bitter UL fan, get over it, they were overrated to begin with, as for the refs thats a lame excuse, the refs were actually trying to give UL an advantage and they couldnt. What time UL play on Monday?

This one didn't take a rocket scientist to break it down.  UConn made their free throws, UK didn't.  Simple as that.

Maybe the explanation is not that simple. UK may have been tired from chasing down those small guards all night. The guards were dancing and toying with UK. Tired legs lead to a tired mind. And you know the affect on a tired mind is poor focus.  :)

Maybe the explanation is not that simple. UK may have been tired from chasing down those small guards all night. The guards were dancing and toying with UK. Tired legs lead to a tired mind. And you know the affect on a tired mind is poor focus. :)

Puhlease. To put it another way, swap the FT percentages and UK wins by double digits. But I guess UConn was playing in a different game with a different pace. Again, this one is pretty simple to dissect. You can point to different things and be correct, but the FTs were GLARING.

FTs they WERE making before this biggie last night. I havent seen that team more nervous all year except for the North Carolina game at Chapel Hill.

My thoughts exactly.  I had been really impressed with the way they knocked down the freebies throughout the tournament.  In the same type games that went down to the wire (the last 5 anyway).  Even Randle was very proficient from the line.  I tend to agree with you BG; nerves, not fatigue, may have gotten the best of them last night.

And, by the way, not taking anything away from UConn.  Quite the contrary, they stepped up and knocked them down and deserved the win.  Calipari was correct in his postgame explanation that their best chance to win was trying to get stops at the end - those guards weren't going to miss FTs.