More Evidence of the Big Bang

Aces_Full

The Big Bang may be moving beyond the theory stage according to many of today's scientists.  My question for JV Coach is what is his beliefs in regards to the Big Bang Theory?  And how it relates to the Bible (if it does at all)?  And please don't quote scripture.  Let's provide some measurable data or information. 

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/17/major-discovery-smoking-gun-for-big-bang-expansion-found/

The Big Bang may be moving beyond the theory stage according to many of today's scientists.  My question for JV Coach is what is his beliefs in regards to the Big Bang Theory?  And how it relates to the Bible (if it does at all)?  And please don't quote scripture.  Let's provide some measurable data or information. 

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/17/major-discovery-smoking-gun-for-big-bang-expansion-found/

How can you prove that it doesn't relate??

It didn't come from Fox, but it was reported by Fox and Space.com and many other websites.  It came from a team of leading scientists including those from Harvard and Caltech. 

i meant the article... we have a long-standing debate on here when some people post stuff from crazy websites and i'll refuse to discuss the issue because of the source.

Why not quote scripture?

As you wish.

Genesis 1

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

My imagination can picture the instant God said “let there be light” it was accompanied by an indescribable bang. You never know.

Who's worried?  I find the discoveries about our universe and planet very interesting.  And I'm not trying to disprove God or discredit the Bible.  I just wanted JV_Coach's opinion on the Big Bang as it relates to his views of Christianity and the Bible.  I know he takes the stories of the Bible literally, but picks and chooses what be believes about science (such as evolution & dinosaurs).  I would think that as science continues to progress, the gap between what the Bible says, and what scientist say will continue to widen.  Just something to think about.

Who's worried?  I find the discoveries about our universe and planet very interesting.  And I'm not trying to disprove God or discredit the Bible.  I just wanted JV_Coach's opinion on the Big Bang as it relates to his views of Christianity and the Bible.  I know he takes the stories of the Bible literally, but picks and chooses what be believes about science (such as evolution & dinosaurs).  I would think that as science continues to progress, the gap between what the Bible says, and what scientist say will continue to widen.  Just something to think about.

Don't forget evolution is simply a theory, not proven scientific fact.

Take some slime, frogs, whatever and add billions of years and BAM ...you have humans.

Myself, I like the version that we were created in God's image.   :)

So we did not descend from the more primitive hominids such as Aripithecus, Australopithcanes, and Neanderthals?  That would be a contrary view to what most scientists (and the general public) currently believe to the true.  Can't deny the evidence.  One day the Big Bang and Human Evoluation will no longer be considered just theories (most people already believe in them now). 

So we did not descend from the more primitive hominids such as Aripithecus, Australopithcanes, and Neanderthals?  That would be a contrary view to what most scientists (and the general public) currently believe to the true.  Can't deny the evidence.  One day the Big Bang and Human Evoluation will no longer be considered just theories (most people already believe in them now).

I believe we were created and did not evolve from lower life forms. The evidence is not there and that's why they are still searching for the missing link, and I don't think they ever will find it JMO.

There are plenty of scientists that disagree with evolution but I'll give you many more agree with it because they want answers so they create a theory to provide those answers because the alternative which is Faith in a Creator is nonsensical to them.

I don't' think I'm denying the evidence, I just don't think it's' there.

Very, very few animals leave fossils.  It takes perfect conditions for that to happen.   They might not find the missing link, but what they have found is evidence enough that man used to look quite different.   Who were these early prehumans if they werent our ancestors?   Did they exist before Adam and Eve?  Interested in opinions.   

BTW.  I think Bigdog and Mat gave perfectly reasonable answers.   Nobody knows for sure about the big bang, but it doesn't necessarily conflict with the existence of god.  Either does evolution.  

God could have used the Big Bang Theory, but it would have only taken six literal days for all of creation to be formed. 

My question to you would be is what initiated the Big Bang? Nothing? I am mean that is the Naturalistic view that nothing created everything and from a Scientific standpoint that is impossible, unless you only pick and choose what parts of science you wish to believe. 

Also when talking about beginnings does not one have to account for History also? Maybe Philosophy? How does one recreate "The Beginning" Big Bang or otherwise  using the scientific method?
By faith I take The Genesis account to be true and by faith others take what this generations scientist say about origins to be true. ie  the complexity of a simple cell is a bit more then what Darwin thought it was.   Just remember this there is a lot more money and prestige in the theory of evolution being true then in taking Romans 5:12 literally.  I just know no matter what  when the evolutionary theory loses validity and changes need to be made instead of being open minded the Evolutionist becomes dogmatic and they just use the abra cadabra of evolutionary magic. It is called add another  million years to your answer; that's right if Darwinian Evolutionist can not explain it they just add a million or billion years to the equation to make it work. And when you say the emperor has no clothes on when questioning how science can prove anything that happened over a million years ago then be ready to be called a picker and chooser when it comes to science. I just search for truth and I think for myself and when a man claims to be God, claims to be eternal, claims to have created everything, forgives sin, dies and is resurrected on the third day and claims to be the embodiment of truth then either the Naturalistic view on the  Genesis of life is true and The Bible a lie or The Biblical account of Genesis is true and thus has answers when it comes to Genesis.

I apologize if this does not read well and I am glad there is no grammer and spelling test for salvation......Its by faith   

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v8/n4/big-bang-evolution-of-theory

When it was first introduced, the “big bang” was sometimes an object of ridicule. But over the past decades, it has proven to be quite pliable, morphing to adapt to each new problem. Are these changes true improvements, or just rescuing devices?

Read the link more then once my friends

Here is the beauty of these scientist's and their big bang theory.  In order for it be so, you have to have a spontaneous explosion that has no source of power or matter to work with that just happens miraculously and boom, you now have matter and it has somehow come together in forms and shapes.  And then, without anything at all being added to it or controlling it, it just starts to change and develop and evolve!!  There isn't a single scientist, especially Stephen Hawking, who can, under any set of labratory conditions, duplicate this phenomonal feat!!  But what they can do is "theorize" what might have happened "miraculously" for them to get to this point in there personal and human existence without the existence of a God!!!  I can tell you, that takes a faith that would make any religious person look completely faithless!!!  Or to put it another way, it is a proven statistical fact that if you tell someone a lie frequently enough, he will come to believe it!!!

Here is the beauty of these scientist's and their big bang theory.  In order for it be so, you have to have a spontaneous explosion that has no source of power or matter to work with that just happens miraculously and boom, you now have matter and it has somehow come together in forms and shapes.  And then, without anything at all being added to it or controlling it, it just starts to change and develop and evolve!!  There isn't a single scientist, especially Stephen Hawking, who can, under any set of labratory conditions, duplicate this phenomonal feat!!  But what they can do is "theorize" what might have happened "miraculously" for them to get to this point in there personal and human existence without the existence of a God!!!  I can tell you, that takes a faith that would make any religious person look completely faithless!!!  Or to put it another way, it is a proven statistical fact that if you tell someone a lie frequently enough, he will come to believe it!!!

So, some unseen being just zapping it all into existence is more plausible to you?  Why, because you read it in a book?  Of course the book has been around for a long time, which may validate your last sentence.

Clearly has no understanding of the power of matter.   Energy=matter x speed of light(big number),  squared.  I'm no physicist, but watching what a small amount of matter can do in a nuclear bomb makes the theory more believable.  Maybe God set it off.  i don't know, but your argument, NOB, has it's shortcomings.

Clearly has no understanding of the power of matter.   Energy=matter x speed of light(big number),  squared.  I'm no physicist, but watching what a small amount of matter can do in a nuclear bomb makes the theory more believable.  Maybe God set it off.  i don't know, but your argument, NOB, has it's shortcomings.

Point them out my friend!!!  What you cannot explain "scientifically" any better than I can is how the very first piece of matter was created.  You believe there was complete nothingness: absolutely nothing, energy or matter, existed and yet spontaneously they came into being!!!  Sounds like you are as much of a believer in miracles as I am!!!!