Lumberton vs Evadale Scrimmage

jordibug15

Scrimmages are just that - controlled practice. Coaches try different pitchers and play players at different positions. Scores do not mean anything. Evadale is not a slack 1A, as they make the playoffs and routinely get past the first round. Wish Lumberton the best of luck this year and we appreciated the opportunity.

RaiderGirl92, three (3) of those runs on 'our jv'  were the result of varsity pitchers throwing in the JV inning.  The varisty pitcher loaded the bases, walked the next three consecutive batters for 3 runs and left the next varsity pitcher with loaded bases to deal with to get out of the inning.  That's what scrimmages are far, to take a look at players before the regular season starts.  Regardless, it was a good job by both varsity and jv, but please don't hang all those runs on jv.  Evadale kept at it and almost came back for the win.

RaiderGirl92, three (3) of those runs on 'our jv' were the result of varsity pitchers throwing in the JV inning. The varisty pitcher loaded the bases, walked the next three consecutive batters for 3 runs and left the next varsity pitcher with loaded bases to deal with to get out of the inning. That's what scrimmages are far, to take a look at players before the regular season starts. Regardless, it was a good job by both varsity and jv, but please don't hang all those runs on jv. Evadale kept at it and almost came back for the win.

Yes sorry I forgot the pitchers were the varsity boys.

Evadale isn't near what they used to be..

Just curious, were you at the scrimmage?  Would like to hear your thoughts on the team's deficiencies.  Regardless of what I think, I was just curious as to what led you to your conclusion.  Before you ask, not mad at all, as everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I think Coach Williams and the staff are doing an outstanding job and have a bright future for the forseeable future.  Just looking for that objective "third-party" view that you have.   

• 3 months later...

But in my defense, they aren't where they are because they are exceptionally good. They just haven't run into anybody yet.

Ok, I'll bite - if they aren't where they are because they are not "exceptionally good", then exactly why?
Blind luck? Exceptional coaching (no arguments here)? Oh, wait you are saying they just haven't played anyone yet? Is that it?

I may be wrong...Ive been wrong before,but it sounds that if Evadale doesnt win state, well they just aren't very good! They advanced to the 3rd round so far and I wonder if they beat P/C if we'll hear how Price is down this year? Whatever...Keep it going Rebs...most teams in the state are watching now anyway!

when evadale played lumberton, our varsity squad was still missing players because of basketball playoffs. many of our kids play multi sports with no transition time. these young men should be encouraged not picked apart. to excell in one sport is great to excell in multiple sports is amazing.

Cute...look I didn't mean to make anybody mad. I only stated how I felt after seeing Evadale play with my own eyes. I don't have anything against them at all. I wish them the best and hope they do well, but I'm still gonna call things like I see em.