Alexis Morris

I ve seen Major D1 coaches at HIGH SCHOOL tournaments......saw several at a specific local tourney last year.....one was Roy Williams.

Given it was a boys tournament

Roy Williams was there to show support for a kid who had already verbally committed.  Usually when you see these coaches, its because they are there following a certain player or showing support for them because they have committed to their program. 

Roy Williams was there to show support for a kid who had already verbally committed.  Usually when you see these coaches, its because they are there following a certain player or showing support for them because they have committed to their program. 

i know this....but saw a tulane as well as some Southland coaches.  I know they come to show support for the verbally commited, but they may also be looking at the up and coming talent.

I saw a u of h coach at girls stafford vs hf game....

I gather from what others have said that HS ball is really pointless sense AAU is now full throttle.

i know this....but saw a tulane as well as some Southland coaches.  I know they come to show support for the verbally commited, but they may also be looking at the up and coming talent.

I saw a u of h coach at girls stafford vs hf game....

I gather from what others have said that HS ball is really pointless sense AAU is now full throttle.

I gather that also...Lol

Alexis dosent hate it at Legacy nor does she want to go to Ozen. Rumors are what they are, rumors. As far as her talent and ability, well if you have seen her play then you wouldnt question it. Playing at Legacy dosent deminish her skills or make her a lesser player, it acttually makes her better. She dosent carry the full scoring load like some one suggested as there are two other gaurds there averaging 18 pts and 10pts per game to go with her 30pts. This would be the same at any other school, she would average 30 pts. The girl is learning how to make her team mates better on and off the court which is needed at the college level. Legacy is on its way to a state title which she is a big part of. Besides Ozen, Central, West Orange and West brook were asked for games. Ozen and Central punked out, West Brook tryed but the open dates didnt match up and West orange said yes. She dropped 48pts against them first game of the season at there place in a lost and scored 30 when Legacy beat West Orange at home. Next year Ozen and Central will not be able to run!

Alexis dosent hate it at Legacy nor does she want to go to Ozen. Rumors are what they are, rumors. As far as her talent and ability, well if you have seen her play then you wouldnt question it. Playing at Legacy dosent deminish her skills or make her a lesser player, it acttually makes her better. She dosent carry the full scoring load like some one suggested as there are two other gaurds there averaging 18 pts and 10pts per game to go with her 30pts. This would be the same at any other school, she would average 30 pts. The girl is learning how to make her team mates better on and off the court which is needed at the college level. Legacy is on its way to a state title which she is a big part of. Besides Ozen, Central, West Orange and West brook were asked for games. Ozen and Central punked out, West Brook tryed but the open dates didnt match up and West orange said yes. She dropped 48pts against them first game of the season at there place in a lost and scored 30 when Legacy beat West Orange at home. Next year Ozen and Central will not be able to run!

they lost to WOS girls?????

Alexis or Crossover as I call her lives about 4 houses down from me and this young lady is the truth!!! I can tell you that she and her parents are all in. She works tirelessly with that basketball. I hear that pounding of the basketball a lot while sitting on my front porch. She don't get to do a lot of mingling or hanging out but every once in a while she come down the street and whoop with my boys. She has as pure a shot as anyone that has come out of this area and loves to take you off the dribble with the right or left. Her game is complete but not completely honed however I am sure it will be as she continue to work with great ex players like Moochie Norris. Her little sister Ashari is also good for her age! I also thought that she would end up at one of the big schools but her mother worked very hard to get her into Kelly initially and then worked to get her into Legacy. So, I can safely say after talking to Alexis that she will stay at Legacy, There is just too much that goes on with little girls in the big schools. I commend her mother for making a choice and sticking with it.

For starters I know for a fact she wasn't happy at legacy earlier this season. Maybe things have changed now, and she definitely would average 30 at Ozen simply because she wouldn't have to and no to mention the competition would be way more stiff. Her winning state at legacy is great for them and their program but playing in TAPPS have and always will be overlooked and for good reason. 

PS: Ozen girls would likely beat legacy by 30+

High school is to enjoy your teammates and have fun. Summer is business

Absolutely.  Someone above said that if she went to Ozen, she would facing 2-3 D1 players just in district.  She has been facing more D1 players than that in a single game during the summers since she has been in 7TH GRADE.  And trust me, the major programs are already all over her.  I agree with those above who stressed academics are much more important for her in school than basketball.  This is so true.  Especially in the girls' game, they have to take full advantage of the educational opportunities in college (not that this is not true for boys too).  That degree should be worth way more financial security than anything they will do playing the game. 

Absolutely.  Someone above said that if she went to Ozen, she would facing 2-3 D1 players just in district.  She has been facing more D1 players than that in a single game during the summers since she has been in 7TH GRADE.  And trust me, the major programs are already all over her.  I agree with those above who stressed academics are much more important for her in school than basketball.  This is so true.  Especially in the girls' game, they have to take full advantage of the educational opportunities in college (not that this is not true for boys too).  That degree should be worth way more financial security than anything they will do playing the game. 

I'm not up as much on the girls side but a pardner of mine up in Dallas area says the team she plays on IS the top team for girls in Texas. Plus, she's younger than most of the kids she's playing against. and I hear she is doing very well.

I'm not up as much on the girls side but a pardner of mine up in Dallas area says the team she plays on IS the top team for girls in Texas. Plus, she's younger than most of the kids she's playing against. and I hear she is doing very well.

She does.  She was playing on the top team in the Houston area, but moved to the top team in the State (DFW Elite, I believe) last year.  Not only that, I believe she is playing 17u (and has been since the 7th grade).  When I tell you this girl can flat out go, it's the straight up truth. 

This is for the guy that said Ozen was running from legacy...after watching that clip I seriously doubt that. However Alexis is a beast it seems as if she does whatever she wants in against the TAPPS competition. I would like to see her play against some summer ball or against some 4A or 5A teams though, hard to judge how good she really is against competition like that. 

http://vype.com/setx/2014/02/21/legacy-tops-rosehill-behind-morris-41-points/

She does.  She was playing on the top team in the Houston area, but moved to the top team in the State (DFW Elite, I believe) last year.  Not only that, I believe she is playing 17u (and has been since the 7th grade).  When I tell you this girl can flat out go, it's the straight up truth. 

Yeah I saw her and her team with the Hoops in Houston. But DFW is more elite than the H.Hoops girls.

I would love to see Alexus play in public school 4a or 5a we are missing a Malena Washington,Nekia Jones,Asia Booker,Allison Jacks,SanQuisa Rawls,Alexandra Moten,Beloved Brown,Joyce Kennerson just to name a few.But we still have some very good talent for next year in this area.

Last time i checked Legacy was in this area.