Silsbee @ Newton Scrimmage Comments

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BucNasty" post="1425255" timestamp="1376789848"]
Didn't this senior group from silsbee beat Newton in a real game last time they played. This is pointless. I look for shorter to become 2a player of the year. I predict silsbee will go 4 rounds deep.
[/quote]

It's funny how last year AAW and some others came on here after the scrimmage and made all kinds of predictions about Newton not being that good and EC was gonna take Newton and Silsbee was going deep in the playoffs. Didn't quite work out that way. Now this year, it's just a scrimmage and all this by Mr. BucNasty. Yea the Dallas Cowboys won a championship one time too. So "pointless" can go both ways. Silsbee will probably be ok. But what is going 4 rounds deep? Not a state title for sure. Newton has the titles and the trophies (didn't ya'll see the monuments outside the field) to not take a back seat to anyone. Go win a title Silsbee and then you can brag all you want.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1425310" timestamp="1376828868"]
[quote author=BucNasty link=topic=113388.msg1425255#msg1425255 date=1376789848]
Didn't this senior group from silsbee beat Newton in a real game last time they played. This is pointless. I look for shorter to become 2a player of the year. I predict silsbee will go 4 rounds deep.
[/quote]

It's funny how last year AAW and some others came on here after the scrimmage and made all kinds of predictions about Newton not being that good and EC was gonna take Newton and Silsbee was going deep in the playoffs. Didn't quite work out that way. Now this year, it's just a scrimmage and all this by Mr. BucNasty. Yea the Dallas Cowboys won a championship one time too. [b]So "pointless" can go both ways[/b]. Silsbee will probably be ok. But what is going 4 rounds deep? Not a state title for sure. Newton has the titles and the trophies (didn't ya'll see the monuments outside the field) to not take a back seat to anyone. Go win a title Silsbee and then you can brag all you want.
[/quote]

It is [b]all[/b] pointless!
It was a friggin scrimmage! Nothing more & nothing less!

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/texasgiant1/media/k8zW5_zps84c03c53.gif.html][IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p616/texasgiant1/k8zW5_zps84c03c53.gif[/img][/URL]

Farmer Fran I agree. But why do you continue to scream that point? It's funny as all get out to me that no matter how loudly you profess this, it doesn't change the fact that in that scrimmage Silsbee played way below their capabilities. And if 4th round or any round for that matter is satisfying to the coaches, players, and fans, then Silsbee will never be at the pinnacle of the 3A division. Goals should be nothing short of a title. By the way, Newton has one in 3A.  ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1425320" timestamp="1376831983"]
Farmer Fran I agree. But why do you continue to scream that point? It's funny as all get out to me that no matter how loudly you profess this, it doesn't change the fact that in that scrimmage Silsbee played way below their capabilities. And if 4th round or any round for that matter is satisfying to the coaches, players, and fans, then Silsbee will never be at the pinnacle of the 3A division. Goals should be nothing short of a title. By the way, Newton has one in 3A.  ;D
[/quote]

I can not comment on how they played, since I was not there.

I agree that nothing short of a state championship is dissapointing. You can bet that the coaching staff and players is  not satisfied with 4 rounds. I can not speak for all Tiger fans but to me, nothing short of a state title is dissapointing.

Stephenville has won a title in 3A as well. What's your point?

My point is the Silsbee faithful (you and others) sure can talk and want to educate everyone around about all things football, when ya'll have no state titles and have never been there. Newton has multiple titles in 2 classifications and I don't know what relevance Stephenville has to anything posted here. Still when someone rubs ya'lls nose a little you get all bent out of shape like you've always been world beaters. But you have no problem rubbing others noses. I find it quite funny and rather enjoyable to just pick at those sores a little.  Silsbee will probably once again be ok when district rolls around. But they are not world beaters. I think Newton will once again be in a position to actually challenge for a state title. Not world beaters either, but definately more in the hunt for that elusive title than Silsbee.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1425335" timestamp="1376836886"]
My point is the Silsbee faithful (you and others) sure can talk and want to educate everyone around about all things football, when ya'll have no state titles and have never been there. Newton has multiple titles in 2 classifications and I don't know what relevance Stephenville has to anything posted here. Still when someone rubs ya'lls nose a little you get all bent out of shape like you've always been world beaters. But you have no problem rubbing others noses. I find it quite funny and rather enjoyable to just pick at those sores a little.  Silsbee will probably once again be ok when district rolls around. But they are not world beaters. I think Newton will once again be in a position to actually challenge for a state title. Not world beaters either, but definately more in the hunt for that elusive title than Silsbee.
[/quote]
I am not bent out of shape at all.
You find me one single post where someone from Silsbee has posted, that they are world beaters.
You are correct about one thing"Silsbee will be just fine" & they may be in the hunt for that elusive state title.

Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way.
Multiple titles in different classifications..There are quite a few teams that have done that.. ::) ::)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1425353" timestamp="1376841760"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=113388.msg1425335#msg1425335 date=1376836886]
[/quote]
You find me one single post where someone from Silsbee has posted, that they are world beaters.
You are correct about one thing"Silsbee will be just fine" & they may be in the hunt for that elusive state title.

[b]Multiple titles in different classifications..There are quite a few teams that have done that.. [/b]::) ::)
[/quote]

Yes this true. But Silsbee ain't one of them.  ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1425355" timestamp="1376841935"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=113388.msg1425353#msg1425353 date=1376841760]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=113388.msg1425335#msg1425335 date=1376836886]
[/quote]

[b]Multiple titles in different classifications..There are quite a few teams that have done that.. [/b]::) ::)
[/quote]

Yes this true. But[b] Silsbee ain't one of them[/b].  ;D
[/quote]

That is true.

I just do not understand why you have a problem with Silsbee.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1425361" timestamp="1376842772"]
I don't have a problem with Silsbee itself. Everyone that is on this sight has a favorite team they support. A lot of the posters this time of year have high hopes for their team. Some of Silsbee's fans act like they know everything about winning football, when in fact they have never accomplished the ultimate in high school football(a state title) and talk down to others that have just as much right to root for their team to do well as any fan on here. I simply point out some of the short comings of the Silsbee squad and I get a continuing diatribe from you about why they are what they are. Don't feel good does it. Same feelings apply to others whenever you talk down to them. This time of year any team and fan has just as much right to want that ultimate prize and has the same right to talk a little about wanting to be district champions and/or state title holders. Silsbee fans, Newton fans, HJ fans, Kountze fans, EC fans, Buna fans, etc. Do you see a pattern here?
[/quote]

Nope!!
No pattern here on my end.

If you are referring about me and a certain someone from HJ, my problem is not with HJ.
It is the way that one of their fans was ripping the former AD/HC at HJ.

Like I said earlier, "Good luck to Newton."

I am through with this.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1425366" timestamp="1376843481"]
Yea! My two fingers hurt from typing!! ;D
[/quote]

That is why I have a limited vocabulary "I dont have to type as much" ;D ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1425367" timestamp="1376843576"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=113388.msg1425366#msg1425366 date=1376843481]
Yea! My two fingers hurt from typing!! ;D
[/quote]

That is why I have a limited vocabulary "I dont have to type as much" ;D ;D
[/quote]

See, I can laugh at that and even give you a +1.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Majestyk" post="1425462" timestamp="1376861955"]
I don't care who scrimmages who, Silsbee will be a handful this year, as will WO-S.  We will have some insight before they meet in the last district game as they will have 7 common opponents coming into the game.  Somebody better bring some heat.
[/quote]

+1