Dayton Broncos Preview

Speed kills liltex. Dayton's line will be young and very athletic as far as online men go. They probably average around 250. Skill position players for the next 3 years will be of the charts with speed and talent. Defensive line will be very good and really fast. Just so happens Dayton will have a great kicker again this year. Glad to see your a little more confident liltex.

Cant wait for our scrimmage on Friday.  Looks like both Dayton and Friendswood will be looking to see if inexperienced O-lines can step up and breaking in a new QB.

Here's my Friendswood breakdown again:

QB -- Blumrick is talented but inexperienced backed by Sargeant who is the same.

RB -- Longbotham is back tough runner with surprising speed.  Vandersypen built low to the ground doesnt go down easy.  Both got a lot of experience as sophs last year.

WR/ TE -- Pretty solid.  Lost some starters, but our back ups got some good playing time last year.  Walker Williams at TE/ WR is tall, pretty tough and fast enough.

O-line -- This is the big question mark.  None of the five started on the oline last year.  We moved Alexander from DT to center.  He is quick, really strong, and nasty.  The others saw time with JV or got a few snaps in varsity games.  Graduation and injuries thinned out an already thin group.

Defense:

DT/NG -- tough guys with good quickness and strength make us pretty tough up the middle.

DE -- Langston started last year and I think was second team all district.  Robinson on the other side got a lot of snaps.  Both are quick. Robinson is big.  Also, sophomore Ty Shelby and Senior Kirkland.  Our dline should be one of our strengths.

LB -- Dooley moved from DE to MLB.  Sean White was a sophomore starter last year.  There is a lot of competition for the other positions.

C/S -- good experience at safety and decent speed at corner.  Friendswood has always been in danger of big plays because other teams skill guys are usually faster.

See you in Bronco land next week.

[quote name="kparkfootball" post="1423447" timestamp="1376271875"]
Dayton has a great history in football and will be great this year.  One thing I would like to say that Dayton, Crosby, BH and SC has great fans and who ever make playoffs will great for 19-4A district.  We should all be proud of our kids.
[/quote]+1 for that.

[quote name="kparkfootball" post="1423447" timestamp="1376271875"]
Dayton has a great history in football and will be great this year.  One thing I would like to say that Dayton, Crosby, BH and SC has great fans and who ever make playoffs will great for 19-4A district.  We should all be proud of our kids.
[/quote]+1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba