Jump to content

BobCat22

SETXsports Staff
  • Posts

    3,247
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by BobCat22

  1. Orangefield 5 years before Huck got here. 2004 0-10 2005 4-4 2006 4-6 2007 3-7 2008 1-7 Past 2 years under Huck 2009 4-6 2010 7-3 We have 1 less win in the past two years than we did the previous 5.  Huck has the kids believing they can win every game they play.  That was not the case before, alot games were lost before we even stepped on the field.  The offense he runs is a perfect fit for OF, I think we had 9 guys run the ball tonight.  Very few, including myself, did not think before the season started that we had any chance at a winning season much less having a chance at making the playoff in week 10. The few that did believe were out on that field tonight.
  2. I guess BC's defense is just as good as WOS if they are going to hold OF to 14!
  3. [quote name="cardspop" post="895637" timestamp="1288809434"] OF runs the wing T and so did Vidor and in my opinion Vidor is much better at it and alot tougher so I don't see BC having any real problems with this one [/quote] I hope all of BC is thinking like this!!
  4. Orangefield played probably the best complete game of the year against HJ and that was without Evans.  The bayou bowl should be a good one!!
  5. I bet OF had close to 500 yards of offense.  Had some guys step up in the absence of Evans.  This sets up the big game next week in BC!
  6. What exactly does "parent sponsored" mean?
  7. He's a senior.
  8. [quote name="BCgrad05" post="887589" timestamp="1288056153"] a lil wishful thinking  ;D but should be a close game! [/quote] I agree, but I would feel better if Q was playing.  Nunez did do a good job of running the offense last week.  He threw two TD passes, that was two more than we had all season.
  9. [quote name="BCgrad05" post="886242" timestamp="1287937274"] HJ 22-21 [/quote] Wishful thinking huh, you know a loss by OF gets BC in the playoffs! OF will be without its QB who has rushed for 1,000 yards.  They need some guys to step it up.
  10. I thought they looked pretty good considering how early it is in the season and the new faces on the team.  I loved it when Tidwell yelled at them that if they didn't defend they would not play!!
  11. Concussion last week. He's out for two weeks.
  12. 22-0 at half. OF scores on a hail mary as the half end.
  13. I added OF's schedule.  Maybe you can clean it up, I tried and could not.
  14. Coach is better and should get out of ICU today.
  15. [quote name="mffl" post="880870" timestamp="1287520864"] What about WBB attendance this year? In the couple of games during conference play, we seemed to get at least 800, maybe even 1k if I'm not mistaken. I would love to see 3,000 fans get out to see the Lady Cards for one game this year, it is fun basketball to watch, believe it or not! Edit: And of course I'd like to see the Ladies average over 1,000 a game. [/quote] Could not agree more, the women are going to be solid this year.  Plumley is one of the best PG in the country!!
  16. Orangefield may be without a player or two.  Could make this game alot more interesting!
  17. [quote name="the-riot07" post="873688" timestamp="1286946888"] This is seriously ridiculous for the people that are saying this is going to be close and that WOS should look out! If OField is so great and has so many great players than Why have they been playing close games with 2a school and scoring in the single digits a couple times? I mean this is the same team that got beat by 1,000 against coldsprings right? I mean unless they just got Chris Johnson, Michael Vick, and Adrian Peterson this week stop exagerating! They havent played a great team yet! WE HAVE! And we will be the best we've ever been come friday! [b]All i gotta say for all you orangefield fans doubting the stangs is make sure your boys buckle their chin straps real tight!!![/b] [/quote] I don't see any post from any Orangefield fans doubting the stangs!!
  18. [quote name="bobbymcgee" post="870344" timestamp="1286635875"] Huckabay has done a very good coaching job at Orangefield in my opinion [/quote] I could not agree more!!
  19. Stats courtesy of the Orange Leader [url=[Hidden Content]]                                     Sil              OF First downs                    14              19 Rushes- yards                  18-126      62-448 Passing                            289          12 Comp-Att-Int                  16-18-1      1-6 Fumbles-Lost                  4-2            2-1 Penalties-yards                5-25          2-10 Individual Stats Rushing: Silsbee, McDaniel 10-46, Kelton Gaines 2-45, Jarrian Rhone 6-35; Orangefield, Ty Johnson 8-137, Quinton Evans 22-127, Evan Guidry 17-103, Josh Shores 8-59, Eric Truncale 3-11, Rylan Cook 3-7, Jeromey Watkins 1-4 Passing: Silsbee, McDaniel 16-18-1 289; Orangefield, Evans 1-6 12 Receiving: Silsbee, Kelton Gaines 2-47, Jarrian Rhone 3-26, Darrian Turk 2-69, Prentice Lane 2-50, Jaden Daigle 1-35, Garrett Drake 1-62;  Orangefield Parker James 1-12
  20. [quote name="Gabe" post="863590" timestamp="1285994705"] 270 yards and 5 TDs for OF QB quinton evans [/quote] :o :o
  21. [quote name="Kville_Kats" post="862474" timestamp="1285948024"] [quote author=T-daddy link=topic=73517.msg862355#msg862355 date=1285938696] based on thursday night games orangefield will have a hard time scoring against jasper.  both 7 8th and 9th grade teams posted shut outs last night. [/quote] Jasper if they lose to Orangefield are in serious trouble...They have only 667 yds. in 5 games..scored 96 points...gave up 178.. 134 yds.avg per game won't get the job done..I'm not putting Jasper down it's just the facts...Good Luck to both teams... [/quote] WOW if Orangefield loses to Jasper with those kind of numbers Orangefield is in serious trouble!
  22. I believe this is only the 3rd meeting between these two.  OF won in 2006 33-7 and Jasper won in 2007 24-14.  If OF can establish its running game then they have a chance. (Big surprise huh!!)
×
×
  • Create New...