Sign in to follow this  
WOSgrad

Lorena 2 Huffman Hargrave Girls 0/FINAL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    filiphoustan
    Newest Member
    filiphoustan

• https://tapps.biz/return-to-play-summer-2020/
    • I read an article not long ago on retiring as an officer and it importantly noted, once you retire, walk away. You are no longer an officer so don’t chase scanners calls, try to make arrests, etc.  when you walk away... walk away!
    • The owner of the property notified at least one of the three men that day after he received a cell phone notification from his surveillance system is what I saw in an interview.  But if the police have been notified repeatedly by a property owner upset about intrusions onto his property (which is what happened), then, yes... they have the right to assume that a person is trespassing. Back in the day, property owners on 16th Street in Orange notified the police that they didnt want people in their parking lots after hours. The police would roust us and let us know we’d be charged with CT if we came back. Same thing happened in Beaumont a couple of years ago when LEOs wanted to shut down the cruise there. 
    • I have thought that he may have been acting as an officer when he wasn’t.  Hey, I was once a cop isn’t a strong legal defense. 
    • My understanding is that the father told the police in a statement that they were trying to make a citizen’s arrest. I’m curious if that was their intent that day or just a defense he came up with after the fact. Regardless, I don’t believe that they were able to relay their intentions to Mr Arbery before the struggle over the gun commenced.  On the same note, he has a lot more experience with the nuances of a citizens arrest after operating with his peace officer’s certification being expired for years, lol. 
  • Topics