*Beaumont Central at Nederland Updates*/Central wins 50-40

Let me see if I understand this thing properly and feel free to tell me if I dont- Nederland paid three referees to enforce all of the rules for all activities taking place on the basketball court.  Nederland paid some security personnel to enforce their rules for all activities surrounding the court.  If player A knocks down player B, the referee calls the appropriate foul and the penalty is applied for not following the rules.  ( it takes a referee to do that because they are more knowledgeable about the rules and spend the entire game enforcing them rather than playing too)  At the same time, if someone in the surrounding area (not on the basketball floor) is in violation of the rules, it would seem totally appropriate that the security personnel (hired folks just like the refs) step in and "call the foul" and correct the situation.  As for the situation regarding the father of Coach English wanting to sit behind his son while he coached, who has a problem with that?  Is it his father who "wants to go back to the sixties" or is it the individual trying to force "a return to the 60s" by taking a seat directly behind the opposing teams bench and lets get realistic here- the Ozen wasnt sitting directly behind the opposing teams bench so he could show how sportsmanlike he could be.  If Nederland has signs indicating where Nederland Fans and Central fans should sit, did he somehow interpret the signs to mean that he should sit directly behind the Nederland bench?  Some of you ought to try a little harder when attempting to make a point.  I further suspect that the seating rules for night  have more lattitude in them up until the varsity game because that game always has the most fans and the most emotions involved

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1365169" timestamp="1358625459"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108357.msg1365156#msg1365156 date=1358622920]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108357.msg1365149#msg1365149 date=1358621781]
Rosa Parks, seriously? Come on man! U ignored AAW's comment about seating that he has seen in most gyms. We enforce this same rule when PNG comes to town. Why do so many people want to go to the rave card so quickly and repeatedly? When Nederland played Central this year in football, which searing section did you sit in? When you go to a Rockets game with a seat number, do you tell them you can sit where you want to sit? Ironically, every time I have ever observed a seating controversy at a sporting event, the police/security are involved.

Rules are rules, just follow them.

I know, I know, it's much easier to just play the race card. ::)
[/quote] I said it brings Rosa Parks to mind.  Meaning making someone move.  I didn't bring race into it.  Didn't accuse anyone from Nederland of being a racist...

[/quote]You implied race, which is no different.
[/quote]If that's what you deciphered from my post, then I would say it's your opinion since I'm telling you that I didn't throw the race card in.  Also, implying race and making a racial comment IS different.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1365167" timestamp="1358625244"]
An example of how some gyms are set up for visitor and home fans. Last night at WO-S, they have four sections of bleachers (1 section behind the WO-S bench, 1 behind the visitor bench, other two sections are directly across the floor from the aforementioned sections). The home fans (WO-S) get 3 of those sections. (behind home bench, and both sections across the floor). Visitors get the section behind the visiting team bench. That's it. Silsbee fans were regulated to sit in that section and that section only. Those are the rules of that gym. Is it fair? That's debatable but it is still the rules of that particular gym.

Every gym I have been to have designated seating areas for home and visitors. There are usually signs directing the fans. If not, then law enforcement directs or school admins direct. Pretty simple to me.

Based on my age and what I do, I think I have seen my share of gyms in my lifetime, more than most on this site. ;)
[/quote]8) 8)

C'mon Robert, using the name "Rosa Parks" implies race. You know it, everybody knows it.

Maybe that was a poor analogy of the situation and you did not intend to make it a racial comment. But using a woman's name that hits at the heart of long time racial discrimination, is implying race.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1365174" timestamp="1358626238"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108357.msg1365169#msg1365169 date=1358625459]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108357.msg1365156#msg1365156 date=1358622920]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108357.msg1365149#msg1365149 date=1358621781]
Rosa Parks, seriously? Come on man! U ignored AAW's comment about seating that he has seen in most gyms. We enforce this same rule when PNG comes to town. Why do so many people want to go to the rave card so quickly and repeatedly? When Nederland played Central this year in football, which searing section did you sit in? When you go to a Rockets game with a seat number, do you tell them you can sit where you want to sit? Ironically, every time I have ever observed a seating controversy at a sporting event, the police/security are involved.

[/quote] I said it brings Rosa Parks to mind.  Meaning making someone move.  I didn't bring race into it.  Didn't accuse anyone from Nederland of being a racist...

[/quote]If that's what you deciphered from my post, then I would say it's your opinion since I'm telling you that I didn't throw the race card in.  Also, implying race and making a racial comment IS different.
[/quote]
Definition of imply:

imply[ im-plahy ]
verb (used with object) im·plied, im·ply·ing.
1. to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1365177" timestamp="1358626529"]
C'mon Robert, using the name "Rosa Parks" implies race. You know it, everybody knows it.

Maybe that was a poor analogy of the situation and you did not intend to make it a racial comment. But using a woman's name that hits at the heart of long time racial discrimination, is implying race.
[/quote]As I've said once to Abe, it wasn't intended as a racial comment.  Context clues should have indicated that.The sole purpose was the making someone move part.  Selective comprehension once again for some.  ::) ::). Anyway, I'm with Yeoj.  The game is over, we won, and I'm glad that I was able to witness it in my seat... 3 rows from the Nederland bench... 8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1365180" timestamp="1358626955"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108357.msg1365174#msg1365174 date=1358626238]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108357.msg1365169#msg1365169 date=1358625459]

[/quote]
Definition of imply:

imply[ im-plahy ]
verb (used with object) im·plied, im·ply·ing.
1. to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated.
[/quote]What makes you assume I don't know what that word means?  By the way, even an 8 year old child can effectively use dictionary.com...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1365177" timestamp="1358626529"]

[/quote]From what I know about Soulja, I honestly don't think he meant for it to come off that way, I believe him. However, implying DOES mean SUGGESTING without saying as the definition states.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1365178" timestamp="1358626776"]
At the end of the day Central won! Talk and post whatever you like but, you can't change that fact. For the second time this season.  ;D Use your dictionary to look up the word for a team that loses twice to another team! Lmbo
[/quote]

Interesting that you now say that the only important matter is the final score and yet you made several "contributions" to the other subject(s) you now declare as unimportant.  By the way, I recently was at the West Orange gym and found out I was sitting on the wrong side of the gym.  How did I find that out?  A black police officer approached me(caucasian) and told me that there was only one section avaiable for the visiting teams and I needed to be sitting there.  The resolution was really very simple.  I got up and walked to the aforementioned section without ever scowling at him or implying he was only doing this because I was a white guy.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1365178" timestamp="1358626776"]
At the end of the day Central won! Talk and post whatever you like but, you can't change that fact. For the second time this season.  ;D Use your dictionary to look up the word for a team that loses twice to another team! Lmbo
[/quote]I've already said about 5 times on this site that Central was the better team last night. I made ZERO excuses for us losing. Central is good and deserved the W.
Again, try winning with class next time instead of bringing up off court issues that were irrelevant to the game itself. If you attack me or my friends, I will defend them and myself. You made false accusations over and over then turned it into a race issue. As soon as others state rules that are enforced in MOST gyms, you squirm and change the subject instead if admitting you were wrong.

As Abe said Central fans could sit ANYWHERE they wanted EXCEPT a small section directly behind the Ned bench. My hope is that Ned will make ALL seating on the bench side for HOME and allow the VISITORS to have the lower deck on the other side of the court.

Coach English and his teams are doing fantastic. When other teams consider it a notch in their belt to defeat you, you have done your job.

Funny, I didn't hear any complaints about seating during the closed door game between Ozen and Central a few years back. Oh yeah, the fans were not invited at all. Grumble...grumble.... Ah, the agendas.

[quote name="baddog" post="1365201" timestamp="1358631219"]
Coach English and his teams are doing fantastic. When other teams consider it a notch in their belt to defeat you, you have done your job.

Funny, I didn't hear any complaints about seating during the closed door game between Ozen and Central a few years back. Oh yeah, the fans were not invited at all. Grumble...grumble.... Ah, the agendas.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="baddog" post="1365201" timestamp="1358631219"]

Funny, I didn't hear any complaints about seating during the closed door game between Ozen and Central a few years back. [b]Oh yeah, the fans were not invited at all. Grumble...grumble.... Ah, the agendas. [/b]
[/quote] ??? ???

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
First of all SOME OF YOU NOT ALL are ruining the fact Central played a good game by beating a tough Nederland team...now I sat on the opposite side in front of Nederlands bench. It clearly was a sign saying Home and Visitor. .now no one was sitting there throughout the game so why they made central fans move I havent a clue. ..they weren't being rude or heckling they were just watching the game..now if a problem  had occurred then I think u take the appropriate measures otherwise leave em alone and let them watch the game. in peace. .Stop playing the race card ...while we cant ingore that RACISM exist this wasnt the time to put the card out there....being asked to move because of the fear of what might happen is clearly a safety measure to protect the fans....lets keep it basketball and save the nonsense for tell all books..GO PANTHERS ;D 8)

Actually AAW, as I understand it, the savior suggested was a 5'10" PG transfer from Memorial who can actually dribble the ball. I don't believe their was any mention of a 6'4" player. Isn't that correct Abe?

I hope we turn this around soon, cause a buddy bet me Ned would be 3rd place and a first round exit from the playoffs about 3 weeks ago. Say it ain't so cause I hate to lose $$. Come on Dogs You can do it.

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1365218" timestamp="1358637814"]
First of all SOME OF YOU NOT ALL are ruining the fact Central played a good game by beating a tough Nederland team...now I sat on the opposite side in front of Nederlands bench. It clearly was a sign saying Home and Visitor. .now no one was sitting there throughout the game so why they made central fans move I havent a clue. ..they weren't being rude or heckling they were just watching the game..now if a problem  had occurred then I think u take the appropriate measures otherwise leave em alone and let them watch the game. in peace. .Stop playing the race card ...while we cant ingore that RACISM exist this wasnt the time to put the card out there....being asked to move because of the fear of what might happen is clearly a safety measure to protect the fans....lets keep it basketball and save the nonsense for tell all books..GO PANTHERS ;D 8)
[/quote] So, who played the race card?  I don't think I was dealt that deck...

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1365222" timestamp="1358639273"]
Actually AAW, as I understand it, the savior suggested was a [b]5'10" PG transfer from Memorial[/b] who can actually dribble the ball. I don't believe their was any mention of a 6'4" player. Isn't that correct Abe?

I hope we turn this around soon, cause a buddy bet me Ned would be 3rd place and a first round exit from the playoffs about 3 weeks ago. Say it ain't so cause I hate to lose $$. Come on Dogs You can do it.
[/quote] Well looky here

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1365222" timestamp="1358639273"]
Actually AAW, as I understand it, the savior suggested was a 5'10" PG transfer from Memorial who can actually dribble the ball. I don't believe their was any mention of a 6'4" player. Isn't that correct Abe?

[/quote]There is no PG transfer from Memorial who is on any of Ned's HS teams (9-12). ::)

Someone brought up a 6'4" kid, but they were referring to the 2 kids who were suppose to join the team after the football season concluded.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Dang Soulja are you guilty cause I wasn't  talking about u...it was something I put in the air...smh.. ::).....it was for anyone who suggested that had something to do with it...

the people at the game that the policeman made move were my parents and brother.  i was a little pissed until they explained the situation.  i credit nederland for trying to avoid any situations, but enforce it during all the games and mayb the person at the door should voice that when u come in.  but to my parents credit they kept as cool as they needed to as not to embarrass their grandson Central #24.  so no harm n the foul.  but believe me the principle will b answering some questions next week.

So you were mad until they explained the situation?  Sounds like whatever they told you made some sense or you would have remained mad.  One or two people taking money and counting change are not going to be able to recite seating policy to everyone entering a gym.  I've been asked to move at least 20 times in various gymnasiums over the years and have yet to come across a situation where the authority making the request was badgering me or trying to make my life difficult.  If the rule was not enforced during the pre varsity games, there could have been a variety of reasons.  Perhaps there werent enough people in the gym to be concerned about potential problems.  Maybe all of the security personnel werent on duty until the varsity game.  Have you ever been driving 73 in a 70 mph zone and not get picked up but when you hit 76 someone stopped you.  It would seem to me that the authorities are given some lattitude about enforcing rules and at some point it becomes a judgement call.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83