Quick question for my basketball GURU's

The question was who was better as sophomores...no one can predict the future on hunters future although i wish the best for him cause at the end of the day he was a panther but that wasn't the question is he better than frank was a sophomore? Frank's character has nothing to do with his skill on the basketball court, so stop bringing that up

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1359982" timestamp="1356925683"]
The question was who was better as sophomores...no one can predict the future on hunters future although i wish the best for him cause at the end of the day he was a panther but that wasn't the question is he better than frank was a sophomore? Frank's character has nothing to do with his skill on the basketball court, so stop bringing that up
[/quote]

Very much disagree- character a very important component of being a complete basketball player.  The character issue usually comes to the surface in big important games.  Allen Iverson vs Ray Allen is a good illustration of who was the better asset to his team in the long run-  guess which one has the rings to prove it

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1359982" timestamp="1356925683"]
[/quote]I think you are also trying to compare apples and oranges. Jordan is 15 years old and DeCarlos was a much older mature soph.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1359745" timestamp="1356854382"]
Lot of respect to Jordan Hunter because he is a very talented ball-player, and will be a stud.. But Frank was out-of-this-world.. About as good of a guard as you can ask for.. Hopefully Hunter can keep a good head on his shoulders, and allow himself to play at the next level
[/quote]

I fully believe Jordan will be able to "allow himself" to play at the next level.   

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1359925" timestamp="1356917973"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107840.msg1359736#msg1359736 date=1356848298]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107840.msg1359733#msg1359733 date=1356847819]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107840.msg1359712#msg1359712 date=1356844138]
In defense of Jordan, his role on this team is still being defined. Which leads me to this question: As a sophmore, was Frank's role defined?
[/quote]His role was defined as a freshman dove he was that good lead the team in scoring during the playoffs as a freshman btw that team went to state hunter is good but not that good...IMO frank is the best player to touch the hardwood at ozen with exception of perk frank...but maybe hunter isn't reaching his full potential cause saveat is coaching him that might have a lot to do with it
[/quote] It's true that Frank lead Ozen in scoring in that playoff run leading them to state as a freshman, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Richard was the best player on that particular team. The next year, after Richard moved on to Tulane, Frank became the man.
[/quote]No sir, franks was the best player on that team only reason he didn't start was because he was a freshman...Franks is the best player to step foot on ozen's campus with the exception of perkins
[/quote]

Perkins really?  Uh no. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1359943" timestamp="1356919442"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107840.msg1359925#msg1359925 date=1356917973]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107840.msg1359736#msg1359736 date=1356848298]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107840.msg1359733#msg1359733 date=1356847819]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107840.msg1359712#msg1359712 date=1356844138]
In defense of Jordan, his role on this team is still being defined. Which leads me to this question: As a sophmore, was Frank's role defined?
[/quote]His role was defined as a freshman dove he was that good lead the team in scoring during the playoffs as a freshman btw that team went to state hunter is good but not that good...IMO frank is the best player to touch the hardwood at ozen with exception of perk frank...but maybe hunter isn't reaching his full potential cause saveat is coaching him that might have a lot to do with it
[/quote] It's true that Frank lead Ozen in scoring in that playoff run leading them to state as a freshman, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Richard was the best player on that particular team. The next year, after Richard moved on to Tulane, Frank became the man.
[/quote]No sir, franks was the best player on that team only reason he didn't start was because he was a freshman...Franks is the best player to step foot on ozen's campus with the exception of perkins
[/quote]  Smh.  Perkins wasn't even the best player on his team, but that's another topic for another day.  Richard was the best player on that team.
[/quote]

Thank you! 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1360026" timestamp="1356931590"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=107840.msg1359745#msg1359745 date=1356854382]
Lot of respect to Jordan Hunter because he is a very talented ball-player, and will be a stud.. But Frank was out-of-this-world.. About as good of a guard as you can ask for.. Hopefully Hunter can keep a good head on his shoulders, and allow himself to play at the next level
[/quote]

I fully believe Jordan will be able to "allow himself" to play at the next level.   
[/quote]

Don't take it as I'm saying he won't be good enough.. I'm saying for him to stay humble to the game and continue to work.. Attitude is everything

[quote name="bmrm" post="1360027" timestamp="1356931767"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107840.msg1359925#msg1359925 date=1356917973]
[/quote]

Perkins really?  Uh no.
[/quote]I mean you gotta go with perk because he's in the NBA

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Im takin JORDAN HUNTER with the 1st pick ..lol. :)...True D.Frank was a hell of a talent...but he NEVER got better...he was a HORRIBLE shot taker kinda like Jamal Crawford.. Jordan has a HIGHER BBALL IQ which says it all...and yes character is part of the equation...if basketball is 80% mental/20% talent then it's Jordan 80/ D.Frank 20....

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1360284" timestamp="1357046558"]
Im takin JORDAN HUNTER with the 1st pick ..lol. :)...True D.Frank was a hell of a talent...but he NEVER got better...he was a HORRIBLE shot taker kinda like Jamal Crawford.. Jordan has a HIGHER BBALL IQ which says it all...and yes character is part of the equation...if basketball is 80% mental/20% talent then it's Jordan 80/ D.Frank 20....
[/quote] Very good points!

I give you shoot selection, but Frank had a rare ability to create his own shot against anyone.  He could score on good defenses,  he was taller and IMO, more athletic at this very same point as Mr. Hunter.  Now, Hunter, IMO will have a chance to get better.  Also, remember, Frank played on the big stage as a freshman, therefore, making him way more of an experienced player than Hunter is now.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Frank played off ability and that alone,iq for the game is terrible launching shots from the logo on the floor doesn't make you great. Now he WAS a gifted kid, but take away the scoring and he's done no other facets to his game like creating for teammates. And yes Jordan can create his own shot and get to the rack if he chooses too 8)..and create for his teammates..his UNDERSTANDING of the game goes far beyond baasketball..and keep this in mind Hunter would've been on a varsity as a frosh had a few babyfied adults not made a big stink... [s]And Frank was only on varsity as freshman because well never mind that's another story[/s] ;)....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami