article mentions Lamar as 1 of 4 invites to SBC

UNLV

[quote name="UNLV" post="1354188" timestamp="1355362046"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=107421.msg1354182#msg1354182 date=1355361485]
It says speculates......no where does it say that Lamar has been invited!!!!
[/quote]I didn't say anything about invite.You know what I mean...
[/quote]

Subject title says "article mentions Lamar as 1 of 4 invites to SBC"

Looks like you put that to me!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1354193" timestamp="1355363088"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=107421.msg1354188#msg1354188 date=1355362046]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=107421.msg1354182#msg1354182 date=1355361485]
It says speculates......no where does it say that Lamar has been invited!!!!
[/quote]I didn't say anything about invite.You know what I mean...
[/quote]

Subject title says "article mentions Lamar as 1 of 4 invites to SBC"

Looks like you put that to me!!!
[/quote]Stop reading it as is, read between the lines.

I'll get heckled for commenting on this, but do ya'll think that LU will benefit by going anywhere besides the Southland Conference? They don't compete now in any of their sports besides maybe womens basketball. If your the door mat of the Southland, then what will you be in another conference. Remember, Be careful what you ask for.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1354811" timestamp="1355495780"]
I'll get heckled for commenting on this, but do ya'll think that LU will benefit by going anywhere besides the Southland Conference? They don't compete now in any of their sports besides maybe womens basketball. If your the door mat of the Southland, then what will you be in another conference. Remember, Be careful what you ask for.
[/quote]

You must not follow Lamar sports that closely.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1354837" timestamp="1355498452"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=107421.msg1354811#msg1354811 date=1355495780]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not as much any more. It's funny someone asks a question and nobody answers it besides people being smart@$$ about it. Looking on their athletic site, it appears LU struggling a bit. I'll give you golf most years, and soccer ::) when you look at basketball overall 1-9 this season so far (Good non-conference schedule), NCAA last year, but before that non-existant for atleast 5 years. Football is a laughing stock right now, Baseball has been sub par except 2010 season, and track someone pointed out came in 10th out of 11 teams last year according to LU site. I would think if your making NCAA playoffs year in and year out it would be the right direction to go to Sunbelt or whatever conference ya'll want them going to, but what do I know. Good luck on whatever LU decides.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1354998" timestamp="1355510642"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=107421.msg1354837#msg1354837 date=1355498452]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=107421.msg1354811#msg1354811 date=1355495780]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not as much any more. It's funny someone asks a question and nobody answers it besides people being smart@$$ about it. Looking on their athletic site, it appears LU struggling a bit. I'll give you golf most years, and soccer ::) when you look at basketball overall 1-9 this season so far (Good non-conference schedule), NCAA last year, but before that non-existant for atleast 5 years. Football is a laughing stock right now, Baseball has been sub par except 2010 season, and track someone pointed out came in 10th out of 11 teams last year according to LU site. I would think if your making NCAA playoffs year in and year out it would be the right direction to go to Sunbelt or whatever conference ya'll want them going to, but what do I know. Good luck on whatever LU decides.
[/quote]Auburn football sucked this year. Would you recommend Auburn drop to a conference where they could compete? 

I guess the big debate is would you rather as a fan see:

your team go 11-0 and maybe 13-0 and win an FCS National Title.
or
your team go 7-4 or 8-3 with big losses to SEC and Big 12 teams, but wins in the SBC and get a third rate bowl game.

The answer is going to be a mixed bag. Money says 7-4 in the SBC. Most fans want to win all the time, so SLC.
As far as the other sports, I'm just not so sure it matters too much. Mens Basketball maybe.

I read on the Sun Belt forum that the new BCS deal with all the FBS conferences means about $1.3+ million yearly to each football school in the Sun Belt (if they expand to 12 football schools).  Lamar would also double the money it would get from guarantee games like the OK State and Baylor games coming up. 

Because of that, joining the Sun Belt would bring in a minimum of $2 million more to the athletic department each year.  That money could pay for the extra scholarships and coaching salaries at the FBS level.  This year's athletic budget will be close to $15 million, being in the Sun Belt would put them over $17 million at a minimum, on par with ULL and Troy, and a lot more than ULM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33