**NEDERLAND vs. WEST BROOK 3rd PLACE GM Broadcast**/Nederland wins 65-51

The 3rd place game of the BISD/YMBL South Texas Shootout has the Nederland Bulldogs taking on the Beaumont West Brook Bruins. Nederland lost to Beaumont Central in semifinals 54-46, while West Brook was taken down by Dallas Madison 61-48 in the other semifinal.

Join Mike Sanchez for all of the action from the Montagne Center 5 minutes prior to the scheduled tip off of 2:30pm by clicking the link below to listen to the play-by-play:

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/Playoffs/Silsbee.htm

**ATTENTION!!!! IMPORTANT INFO ON LINK**:

**Even though the link will be titled Silsbee vs. Carthage football playoff, this is the link that will be used for all the BISD/YMBL broadcasts**

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1347020" timestamp="1354399964"]
Maybe West Brook really have their all to beat Madison and ultimately, didn't have much left in The tank vs. Nederland getting an extra 2 hours of rest.  I knew it would be a close game, but not have predicted a double digit loss.
[/quote]

It should of been a double digit loss Tuesday when these 2 teams played. Nederland missed way to many free throws and layups.  It appears Nederland didn't today.  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1347020" timestamp="1354399964"]
Maybe West Brook really gave their all to beat Madison and ultimately, didn't have much left in The tank vs. Nederland getting an extra 2 hours of rest.  I knew it would be a close game, but not have predicted a double digit loss.
[/quote]
Wrong. WB came out on fire against Ned making their 1st 4 3s. Ned kept pace and led after one 19-18. WB got cold in 2nd as Ned took a 7 pt lead into the half. WB started the 2nd half with a full court press. Ned broke it 3 times straight and scored the first 11 points of 3rd Q including a 17-1 run. Ned was just as tired as WB, so don't give me this WB was tired excuse. Ned simply wanted this 3rd place game more than WB.

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1347034" timestamp="1354400468"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106990.msg1347020#msg1347020 date=1354399964]
Maybe West Brook really have their all to beat Madison and ultimately, didn't have much left in The tank vs. Nederland getting an extra 2 hours of rest.  I knew it would be a close game, but not have predicted a double digit loss.
[/quote]

It should of been a double digit loss Tuesday when these 2 teams played. Nederland missed way to many free throws and layups.  It appears Nederland didn't today.  ;D
[/quote]Ned did not miss any layups and made about 75% of FTs. Ned was up by as much as 23 before English took out his starters. Congrats to Weisbrod and English being selected to the YMBL All-Tourney team!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1347201" timestamp="1354409163"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106990.msg1347020#msg1347020 date=1354399964]
Maybe West Brook really gave their all to beat Madison and ultimately, didn't have much left in The tank vs. Nederland getting an extra 2 hours of rest.  I knew it would be a close game, but not have predicted a double digit loss.
[/quote]
Wrong. WB came out on fire against Ned making their 1st 4 3s. Ned kept pace and led after one 19-18. WB got cold in 2nd as Ned took a 7 pt lead into the half. WB started the 2nd half with a full court press. Ned broke it 3 times straight and scored the first 11 points of 3rd Q including a 17-1 run. Ned was just as tired as WB, so don't give me this WB was tired excuse. Ned simply wanted this 3rd place game more than WB.
[/quote]    No.  Wasn't really an excuse.  It's just that I've seen them both play.  Brook more than once.  Brook played a great game against a talented Madison team that I felt would beat all of our area teams.  Nederland lost to West Brook in the Dog Dome and also list to Central (Who might I mention lost to West Brook).  Factor that along with the fact that Nederland's game with Central finished at 11ish and West Brook's game finished at 12:30ish would mean that West Brook was indeed more tired than Nederland.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1347298" timestamp="1354415294"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=106990.msg1347034#msg1347034 date=1354400468]
[/quote]

[/quote]Ned did not miss any layups and made about 75% of FTs. Ned was up by as much as 23 before English took out his starters. [b]Congrats to Weisbrod and English being selected to the YMBL All-Tourney team![/b]
[/quote]  I second this.  Congrats!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1347359" timestamp="1354419250"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106990.msg1347201#msg1347201 date=1354409163]
[/quote]
[/quote]    No.  Wasn't really an excuse.  It's just that I've seen them both play.  Brook more than once.  Brook played a great game against a talented Madison team that I felt would beat all of our area teams.  Nederland lost to West Brook in the Dog Dome and also list to Central (Who might I mention lost to West Brook).  Factor that along with the fact that Nederland's game with Central finished at 11ish and West Brook's game finished at 12:30ish would mean that West Brook was indeed more tired than Nederland.
[/quote]Oh! The 'team A' beat B who beat C, so A should also beat C scenario! ::)

With that kind of thinking, then this must also be true:
Ned beat Silsbee who beat Central, so Ned SHOULD have beat Central this morning, right? But that didn't happen.
OR: since HJ beat Ned by 15 and Central beat HJ by 18 or so, Central SHOULD have beaten Ned by 30+!
BUT: then HJ beat Kountze who beat Silsbee who beat Central who beat HJ. All teams have good nights and bad ones. Ned played really good today against WB, and WB was off. It wasnt nearly as close as the final score indicated. Ned was up by 23 when English took out all of his starters with over 3min remaining. Did you even watch the game?

Also, maybe you should look at the team Ned beat in the 1st round, OP Walker. They won the Cons. Bracket and went 3-1 in the tourney as well. For whatever reason you don't want to give Ned any credit, and it's getting old.

I think what we are finding out is that about 7/8 area teams can pretty much beat each other on any given night. There is a lot of talent in the area, and there is not ONE distinct dominant team in SETX this year, yet.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1347383" timestamp="1354421088"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106990.msg1347359#msg1347359 date=1354419250]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106990.msg1347201#msg1347201 date=1354409163]
[/quote]
[/quote]Oh! The 'team A' beat B who beat C, so A should also beat C scenario! ::)

With that kind of thinking, then this must also be true: Ned beat Silsbee who beat Central, so Ned SHOULD have beat Central this morning, right? But that didn't happen. Or since HJ beat Ned by 15 and Central beat HJ by 18 or so, Central SHOULD have beaten Ned by 30+! But then HJ beat Kountze who beat Silsbee who beat Central. All teams have good nights and bad ones. Ned played really good today against WB, and WB was off. Did you even watch the game?

Also, maybe you should look at the team Ned beat in the 1st round, OP Walker. They won the Cons. Bracket and went 3-1 in the tourney as well. For whatever reason you don't want to give Ned any credit, and it's getting old.

I think what we are finding out is that about 7/8 area teams can pretty much beat each other on any given night. There is a lot of talent in the area, and there is not ONE distinct dominant team in SETX this year, yet.
[/quote] Well, I do give Nederland respect.  It was that I was more disappointed that West Brook didn't put up a fight like they did against Madison .  The only thing that came to mind was tired legs.  Truly no disrespect to Nederland.  Heck, I'm glad Big Ned and Ozen had good showings at this tourney...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83