Westbrook Vs Nederland: Tuesday Nov 27th

BIG SHOW

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a hard fought game but Nederland fell a little short.  They lost all the hustle plays and missed a ton of layups.... I don't know how many points Weisbrod had, but i know how many he should of had.  Tonight wasn't his night.. He probably missed 8 or more open layups...  If Nederland makes have their free throws and just a few layups, we would be talking about a win.... Keep your head up dogs. Nederland needs to pick up there intensity and play with a sense of urgency.  IMO at this point the district is up for grabs. I still give a slight edge to the DOGS.............

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1343733" timestamp="1354073805"]
This was a hard fought game but Nederland fell a little short.  They lost all the hustle plays and missed a ton of layups.... I don't know how many points Weisbrod had, but i know how many he should of had.  Tonight wasn't his night.. He probably missed 8 or more open layups...  If Nederland makes half their free throws and just a few layups, we would be talking about a win.... Keep your head up dogs. Nederland needs to pick up there intensity and play with a sense of urgency.  IMO at this point the district is up for grabs. I still give a slight edge to the DOGS.............
[/quote]

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1343735" timestamp="1354073884"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=106750.msg1343733#msg1343733 date=1354073805]
This was a hard fought game but Nederland fell a little short.  They lost all the hustle plays and missed a ton of layups.... I don't know how many points Weisbrod had, but i know how many he should of had.  Tonight wasn't his night.. He probably missed 8 or more open layups...  If Nederland makes half their free throws and just a few layups, we would be talking about a win.... Keep your head up dogs. Nederland needs to pick up there intensity and play with a sense of urgency.  IMO at this point the district is up for grabs. I still give a slight edge to the DOGS.............
[/quote]
[/quote]Good assessment. As BD3 has said many times, close HS Bball games are won/lost from the FT line AND easy buckets. Sure the 2-13 from 3 Land is NEVER good, but we had plenty of other opportunities to win this game.

On another note, our kids played hard throughout the game, unlike the HJ game last week when we seemed to give up. Keep your heads up Dawgs, we'll be fine.

[color=limegreen] [color=pink] [color=yellow]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
                                            Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
                                            Area Champs 2010-2012
                                            Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
                                            Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/color][/color][/color]

Ned lacked intensity...played as if their minds were somewhere else, only playing well in spurts....got out hussled....got out rebounded....were timid with outside shots.....missed layups and freethrows.....mishandled the ball....and our big man certainly did not play big tonite. Having said all that they still took WB to OT. IMO Ned biggest hurdle lies in regaining our confidence, desire, and intensity.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1343745" timestamp="1354075048"]

Area Champs 2010-2012
[/quote]
Wow! You sure are obsessed with Big Ned!  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1343745" timestamp="1354075048"]

Area Champs 2010-2012
[/quote]
LOL.... I can assure you the dogs are just getting started.....It would not surprise me to see them District Champs 2012-2013 to add to the English Era...... You know we don't count anything before English...  ;)

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Maybe it's just me but this Nederland team lacks focus which  is highly unusual for them...one has to wonder what the distraction is or if there is one... ??? ::) :o

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1343748" timestamp="1354075230"]
Ned lacked intensity...played as if their minds were somewhere else, only playing well in spurts....got out hussled....got out rebounded....were timid with outside shots.....missed layups and freethrows.....mishandled the ball....and our big man certainly did not play big tonite. Having said all that they still took WB to OT. IMO Ned biggest hurdle lies in regaining our confidence, desire, and intensity.
[/quote]
When ever football ends the post should become a lot better. Three guys over 6 foot coming from football.

Saw the 2nd half of this game. When one of the officials pulled up lame in the first 30 seconds of the 2nd half, making it a 2 person crew instead of a 3 person officiating crew, IMO it benefited West Brook's style of play over Nederland's style. At the end of regulation, each team had just 5 fouls apiece. Neither were in the bonus until 1 minute into overtime. I think this gave West Brook an advantage.

West Brook hit the glass hard on both ends of the floor which created 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities on the offensive end and limited Nederland on the defensive end. Neither team shot lights out in 2nd half, West Brook just had more chances.

#14 and #42 may be the best players for West Brook, but #24 is the catalyst of the Bruin team. He makes that team go.

Nederland needs help inside and that should come from the football players.

Tough game and one that I think both teams will benefit from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder