Newton vs Deweyville ?

NOTWENS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1332213" timestamp="1353072179"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=106326.msg1332208#msg1332208 date=1353070989]
Deweyville vs Euless Trinity?
Deweyville vs Lake Travis?
yea, Deweyville could probably beat them to...

Dream on.
[/quote]
::) your ridiculous with this comment.  No one is advocating this but you.
[/quote]
Pirates dad said they would beat the bleep outta EC..cmon lol

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1332220" timestamp="1353072811"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=106326.msg1332213#msg1332213 date=1353072179]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=106326.msg1332208#msg1332208 date=1353070989]
Deweyville vs Euless Trinity?
Deweyville vs Lake Travis?
yea, Deweyville could probably beat them to...

Dream on.
[/quote]
::) your ridiculous with this comment.  No one is advocating this but you.
[/quote]
Pirates dad said they would beat the bleep outta EC..cmon lol
[/quote]
Playing EC is totally different from the teams listed by purpleeagle. cmon man. geez.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1332188" timestamp="1353064444"]
[quote author=wildcats35 link=topic=106326.msg1331883#msg1331883 date=1353034269]
WS, Alto, SA IS tougher than deweyville's district.  CC and NW are not very good....they will exit the playoffs quick.  Hemphill and shiro are pitiful.......Newton could combined their 8th and JV and beat those two teams.  Deweyville is solid and have a shot to win their first playoff game.  AS for all the talk that Babin should be coach of the year might be reaching a bit........He got the deweyville job at the right time.  Just like Bickham (a good coach) did in 2005.  SOmetimes a good coach can be at the right place at the right time.  IMO does not mean he hasnt done a good job at Deweyville.....
[/quote]
I disagree, Groveton beat Alto and SA beat us, bottom tier of the District is weak like most are. CC and NW beat Woodville the only head to head with that District so I disagree with your assessment.  Coach Babin brought a whole different scheme offensively and defensively to Deweyville and he made several personnel changes on both sides of the ball.  Like SA's Coach said after our game this year, if the same Coach was here at Deweyville we would have beat you 60-0.  Coach Babin deserves credit for making the changes he did.
[/quote]

He does deserve some credit but ya'll were never behind the other guy ya'll had coaching there and/or bickham.  The two coaches before couldnt do any thing right if I remember.......Two many of the town idiots would sling mug at the previous coaches.........so they kids start hearing this nonsense and never play up to potential.  I am glad ya'll are behind the guy you got now but in two years he will be burning rubber outta town for a better job when the talent dries up.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1332243" timestamp="1353074126"]
Deweyville and Newton have both had good years. Let's get on with the playoffs and quit worrying about things that will not happen. Let's get focused on things that are gonna happen. Both teams have represented Newton County well.  8)
[/quote]
Amen brother, good luck to the Eagles.

Deweyville is playing really great football right now. I am so proud of the boys and the coaching staff. Newton has a great team this year and I wish them the best in their playoff run. EC would not be able to handle Deweyville's huge front. The Pirates would still be in the playoffs in that district. All this may be fun to talk about, but Deweyville needs to get ready for Elysian Fields in the area round of the playoffs. The Pirates will be to physical for the Yellow Jackets.
Pirates 63    Yellow Jackets  31

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Congrats to the BUCS on their overtime win over Troup!!!!

[quote name="piratedad#55" post="1332330" timestamp="1353077945"]
    Deweyville is playing really great football right now. I am so proud of the boys and the coaching staff. Newton has a great team this year and I wish them the best in their playoff run. [b]EC would not be able to handle Deweyville's huge front.[/b] The Pirates would still be in the playoffs in that district. All this may be fun to talk about, but Deweyville needs to get ready for Elysian Fields in the area round of the playoffs. The Pirates will be to physical for the Yellow Jackets.

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
I think you're mislead about the talent difference in these two districts. Deweyville is good. And should go far. But EC and Newton would both have good sized wins. And there's three or four other teams that could beat them in this district.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1332667" timestamp="1353090861"]
[quote author=piratedad#55 link=topic=106326.msg1332330#msg1332330 date=1353077945]
    Deweyville is playing really great football right now. I am so proud of the boys and the coaching staff. Newton has a great team this year and I wish them the best in their playoff run. [b]EC would not be able to handle Deweyville's huge front.[/b] The Pirates would still be in the playoffs in that district. All this may be fun to talk about, but Deweyville needs to get ready for Elysian Fields in the area round of the playoffs. The Pirates will be to physical for the Yellow Jackets.

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
I think you're mislead about the talent difference in these two districts. Deweyville is good. And should go far. But EC and Newton would both have good sized wins. And there's three or four other teams that could beat them in this district.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D :o ;D ;D

The Pirates would smoke EC this year. Fact EC lost to HJ: Fact HJ barely beat HF: Fact Deweyville rolled HF up in scrimage, yes I know it was a scrimage but it was ugly HF could not even think about stopping them, much less doing it.
as far as anyone other than Newton beating them?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1332667" timestamp="1353090861"]
[quote author=piratedad#55 link=topic=106326.msg1332330#msg1332330 date=1353077945]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

I think your mis-lead you been in that district how long??? we were there for years!! ::)

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1332866" timestamp="1353101992"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=106326.msg1332667#msg1332667 date=1353090861]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

The Pirates would smoke EC this year. Fact EC lost to HJ: Fact HJ barely beat HF: Fact Deweyville rolled HF up in scrimage, yes I know it was a scrimage but it was ugly HF could not even think about stopping them, much less doing it.
[/quote]Dream on Claud. You must just dream about beating EC but just can't. LOL You better stick with Youth Football because you can't run with the BIG Dogs. The only smoke is what your smoking.

DEWEYVILLE PLAYED  W.HARDIN,HULL DAISETTA,SAN AUGUSTINE,SABINE PASS AND EVADALE, ALL CLASS A TEAMS. CLASS A SAN AUGUSTINE BEAT DEWEYVILLE.
YOU PLAYED ANDERSON -SHIRO (1-8) CORRIGAN-CAMDEN (5-4) HEMPHILL (1-8) AND NEW WAVERLY (7-2).

YOU WILL HAVE TO START PLAYING TEAMS ON YOUR OWN LEVEL IF YOU WANT TO SOAR WITH EAGLES AND BUCCANERS.
I DOUBT DEWEYVILLE WOULD BEAT OUR LAST PLACE TEAMS.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1332873" timestamp="1353102346"]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=106326.msg1332866#msg1332866 date=1353101992]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=106326.msg1332667#msg1332667 date=1353090861]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Dream on Claud. You must just dream about beating EC but just can't. LOL You better stick with Youth Football because you can't run with the BIG Dogs. The only smoke is what your smoking.
[/quote] Ecfan you know it to be true but it's okay i don't expect you to admit it on here it would be awkward lol, oh and we did beat the youth already a couple of weeks ago just like when your varsity was little,  hey wildcrack leave the adult talk to the grownups we did support Bickham which is a great coach who had lots of success2 of 3 years in play offs the other guy was just horrible.

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1333040" timestamp="1353113345"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=106326.msg1332873#msg1332873 date=1353102346]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=106326.msg1332866#msg1332866 date=1353101992]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote] Ecfan you know it to be true but it's okay i don't expect you to admit it on here it would be awkward lol, oh and we did beat the youth already a couple of weeks ago just like when your varsity was little,  hey wildcrack leave the adult talk to the grownups we did support Bickham which is a great coach who had lots of success2 of 3 years in play offs the other guy was just horrible.
[/quote]All you can do is talk about beating EC but you can't do it. The captain is going down with the ship with all that smoke he is doing. Don't talk about it [b]do it[/b]. LOL OK you can talk youth football on a High School forum but it just makes you look stupid!!!! LOL No one really thinks Deweyville could beat Newton or EC, except a few smokers from the Dew. Keep talking on how maybe you could beat EC.LOL  ;D

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1333054" timestamp="1353113893"]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=106326.msg1333040#msg1333040 date=1353113345]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]All you can do is talk about beating EC but you can't do it. The captain is going down with the ship with all that smoke he is doing. Don't talk about it [b]do it[/b]. LOL OK you can talk youth football on a High School forum but it just makes you look stupid!!!! LOL No one really thinks Deweyville could beat Newton or EC, except a few smokers from the Dew. Keep talking on how maybe you could beat EC.LOL  ;D
[/quote] dude you lost to HJ , What makes EC so special

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1333512" timestamp="1353119348"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=106326.msg1333054#msg1333054 date=1353113893]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=106326.msg1333040#msg1333040 date=1353113345]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]dude you lost to San Augustine and Corrigan-Camden, What makes Dew so special. All you can do is talk about beating EC. We have beat Dew I don't know how many times. Yes you won a few games but to talk smack about EC that you have had your Arse handed to ya and you want to speculate a win. We do it, you just talk about it. When you do it then you can talk smack. You drew first blood.  ;D

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1333564" timestamp="1353119838"]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=106326.msg1333512#msg1333512 date=1353119348]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=106326.msg1333054#msg1333054 date=1353113893]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]dude you lost to San Augustine and Corrigan-Camden, What makes Dew so special. All you can do is talk about beating EC. We have beat Dew I don't know how many times. Yes you won a few games but to talk smack about EC that you have had your Arse handed to ya and you want to speculate a win. We do it, you just talk about it. When you do it then you can talk smack. You drew first blood.  ;D
[/quote]

Well it's is my opinnion but lets talk about talk.
I said we would whip them based on the following! ready?

1. We have finally been blessed with Really good coach.(since Bickham)
2. We scrimaged with HF a team that HJ barely beat and Man handled them.
3. HJ Beat EC.
4. Scrimaged Kirbyville allowing 38 yards against our starters and saw how they played EC.
5. My good friends son plays for Kirbyville who played EC and in conversation states that we would beat EC in his opinnion.
6. I personally know lots of the kids as you know ours and should be able to appreciate why I feel confident about them.
7. SA is ranked and won this district last year and was our first real game.
8. Had 4 turn overs against CC and have since done a better job of holding on to the ball.
9. Beat the team that beat CC.

Again my opinion is not worth crap!! I agree, BUT does have some sort of thought applied to it.

1. EC fan said we can't beat them?
2. Claude is stupid cause he coaches little league, maybe we should shoot him?
3. Ec fan said DVille can't win?
4. Ec fan said claude is not a big dog?

I guess I will change my mind, hell I am stupid!!

Okay now I am bored, you can't keep a simple mind focused!
Good Luck EC hope you boys do well and good job with Troup, But Dville would win! ;D

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1331883" timestamp="1353034269"]
WS, Alto, SA IS tougher than deweyville's district.  CC and NW are not very good....they will exit the playoffs quick.  Hemphill and shiro are pitiful.......Newton could combined their 8th and JV and beat those two teams.  Deweyville is solid and have a shot to win their first playoff game.  AS for all the talk that Babin should be coach of the year might be reaching a bit........He got the deweyville job at the right time.  Just like Bickham (a good coach) did in 2005.  SOmetimes a good coach can be at the right place at the right time.  IMO does not mean he hasnt done a good job at Deweyville.....
[/quote]

We did not say he should be coach of the decade or inducted into the hall of fame?

In your great mind of sports wisdom exactly what has to happen to be coach of the YEAR?

[quote name="king" post="1334177" timestamp="1353129051"]
Coach Bicham coached Deweyville to playoffs 2 years in a row. With a competitive district. Why are we debating about a Deweyville/Newton? Focus on the teams you are playong in the playoffs right now.
[/quote]

I agree. Newton focus on Teague, Deweyville focus on Elysian Fields. Let's just try and make sure Newton County brings back a trophy from Jerry's World.

[quote name="king" post="1334177" timestamp="1353129051"]
Coach Bicham coached Deweyville to playoffs 2 years in a row. With a competitive district. Why are we debating about a Deweyville/Newton? Focus on the teams you are playong in the playoffs right now.
[/quote]

Not real sure never stated anything about that just poking fun at EC, Newton IMO could be the best overall team in 2A in the state. Deweyville Might have their hands full with them,  ;D ;D

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1332866" timestamp="1353101992"]

GO PIRATES!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Scrimmages don't count for anything, otherwise you could say that Warren kept up with Deweyville in a scrimmage this year. Besides that, in the bigger district, Woodville beat Kountze, Kountze shut Warren down, then Warren beat Woodville when Woodville was predicted to win by 60 points. As for Deweyville coming to Newton's district, I think you'll find that you can't go by team's past performances (especially in scrimmages) in future games. With that being said Deweyville on their best night doesn't come within 30 of  EC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder