EC vs Troup

ECBuc08

Many of you must not know Dennis Alexander.  The only thing he chews on more and spits out than his cigars are officials.  For some reason he will always get the calls and will always be on the numbers coaching the game.  Best way I see to get him to back off, is to run a sweep with a pulling guard and take him out.  Troup has been very lucky this year.  Even though they beat Tatum, I believe that they were 4th or 5th best team in the district.

I am actually picking EC in this game in a close one.  But better hope that it does not come down to a call going your way.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BigEagle" post="1329466" timestamp="1352840721"]
Many of you must not know Dennis Alexander.  The only thing he chews on more and spits out than his cigars are officials.  For some reason he will always get the calls and will always be on the numbers coaching the game.  [i][b]Best way I see to get him to back off, is to run a sweep with a pulling guard and take him out.[/b][/i]  Troup has been very lucky this year.  Even though they beat Tatum, I believe that they were 4th or 5th best team in the district.

I am actually picking EC in this game in a close one.  But better hope that it does not come down to a call going your way.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Bucs!!! The NewtonNation is supporting y'all!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1329089" timestamp="1352822776"]
It will be intersting to see if the officials are intimidated by this guy (or not) Thursday night.
[/quote]
I could see maybe the regular officials from the local chapter being intimidated as I know they hate to get scratched by a coach, but neutral playoff refs, they dont care. If they don't take care of the game they risk future playoff games by receiving a low evaluation. Should be a non issue in playoffs.

DA is the top 5 of most winningest coaches in Texas.  I believe more than just his local chapter knows who he is and he will get a few calls to go his way. 

He doesn't always get the call,

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZvpLF5rZa24/TcIqVyTG_MI/AAAAAAAAAZw/L_GeyoZbJsk/s1600/224x300xjonathan-goldsmith-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-224x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UtUvZRKCMu.jpg[/img]

but when he does it will change the game!

Dennis Alexander is the 4th winningest coach in Texas high school football. He was the head coach of the 1983 Daingerfield team that is considered by many to be the best high school football team ever in Texas. This Troup team is good, but lost late in the season to White Oak after having beat Tatum earlier. They are led by a sophomore QB and that could be their one weak point. EC will have to put together one of their better games to beat this team, but they are capable of doing it. EC in a close one 32-28.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1331295" timestamp="1353002307"]
Dennis Alexander is the 4th winningest coach in Texas high school football. He was the head coach of the 1983 Daingerfield team that is considered by many to be the best high school football team ever in Texas. This Troup team is good, but lost late in the season to White Oak after having beat Tatum earlier. They are led by a sophomore QB and that could be their one weak point. EC will have to put together one of their better games to beat this team, but they are capable of doing it. EC in a close one 32-28.
[/quote]Daingerfield played Sweeny in the final that year and beat them 42 - 0. Dainngerfield had a heck of a defense that year 1983. Let's go EC, you have improved each week so go play your hearts out and leave everything on the field.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BigEagle" post="1329466" timestamp="1352840721"]
Many of you must not know Dennis Alexander.  The only thing he chews on more and spits out than his cigars are officials. 
[/quote]

Well, Dennis "THE INTIMIDATOR" Alexander was not able to intimidate the officials, or the Bucs!  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="colliecw" post="1328309" timestamp="1352745317"]
Sounds like a Tatum supporter posted this.  Just thought I'd pass it along...
Posted on www.smoaky.com (an East Texas sports forum):

"Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yep.....Roberts is their everything. Send 8 guys his way and the other 3 defenders for the rest of them. We took him out of the game last year and ended up beating them 45-7 in the 3rd round last year. Make no mistake....the kid can play, hes a great talent. He is small but fast and shifty. [b]I personally think Alexander will get his guys to maul a one star(player) team like this[/b]. Alexander will know to devote his attention to Roberts on defense. [b]And offensively, what Troup does(which is mix it up well) should walk down the field fairly easily on a not so athletic team[/b]. Our district is very athletic...Tatum, Jefferson, and White Oak prepared Troup very well for the playoffs. Even Harmony showed you the ball control side of things......you guys have seen some tough football teams. [b]East Chambers would have finished 5th maybe 6th in our district[/b].....

Go get 'em Tigers. Make 9AA DI proud. "
[/quote]

Congratulations to Troup on fighting to the end and playing a great game!

In relation to the post above... How's that "And offensively, what Troup does(which is mix it up well) should walk down the field fairly easily on a not so athletic team" look now? and "Roberts is their everything"... He is a large part of this team and its heart.  It was killing him not to be in when the game was close at the end.  EC has other players and they all stepped up to take up the slack to make sure Roberts has another game to play!

To all the seniors at EC... I guess y'all aren't ready to play with the round ball yet!

GO BUCS!!!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1332175" timestamp="1353050510"]
[quote author=BigEagle link=topic=106079.msg1329466#msg1329466 date=1352840721]
Many of you must not know Dennis Alexander.  The only thing he chews on more and spits out than his cigars are officials. 
[/quote]

Well, Dennis "THE INTIMIDATOR" Alexander was not able to intimidate the officials, or the Bucs!  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly  Troup was the one that got a TD called back on a flag and they had 7 penalties to 5 for EC so As I stated earlier playoff refs are not intimidated by coaches.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1329190" timestamp="1352829863"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=106079.msg1329166#msg1329166 date=1352828374]
Take it to them E. Chambers, I will be sitting in the stands pulling for you.
[/quote]Taking off work to come see EC !!! LOL It will be good to see some eagle's at the game. Hopefully we will see you again early Dec fighting for the winner of region III . Good luck to ya Newton.
[/quote]

Who do you guys have next?

[quote name="colliecw" post="1328309" timestamp="1352745317"]
Sounds like a Tatum supporter posted this.  Just thought I'd pass it along...
Posted on www.smoaky.com (an East Texas sports forum):

"Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yep.....Roberts is their everything. Send 8 guys his way and the other 3 defenders for the rest of them. We took him out of the game last year and ended up beating them 45-7 in the 3rd round last year. Make no mistake....the kid can play, hes a great talent. He is small but fast and shifty. [b]I personally think Alexander will get his guys to maul a one star(player) team like this[/b]. Alexander will know to devote his attention to Roberts on defense. [b]And offensively, what Troup does(which is mix it up well) should walk down the field fairly easily on a not so athletic team[/b]. Our district is very athletic...Tatum, Jefferson, and White Oak prepared Troup very well for the playoffs. Even Harmony showed you the ball control side of things......you guys have seen some tough football teams. [b]East Chambers would have finished 5th maybe 6th in our district[/b].....

Go get 'em Tigers. Make 9AA DI proud. "
[/quote]It's funny how he makes a statement "Roberts is their everything. Send 8 guys his way and the other 3 defenders for the rest of them." and BJ and King step up in 2nd OT without Roberts on the field for the WIN. Great Job and Great Team Work offense and defense. Now Franklin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder