To WO-S players, coaches and fans, Silsbee apologizes

For the condition of the field at Tiger Stadium. The field is in terrible shape and is an embarrassment to Silsbee football, it's players and coaches, Silsbee ISD and it's community.

This game deserves a better surface to be played on and it simply is a shame that these young men will have to play one of the marquee games of our area in these terrible conditions.

I hope that no player is injured due to the condition of the field and that it doesn't play a part in the outcome of this game.

Hopefully after Friday night's game, any game played in the future at Tiger Stadium will never have to be played in this condition. It's time to fix this problem and make Tiger Stadium one of the best stadiums in Southeast Texas. It's time for turf!!!!

Again Mustang Nation, the Tigers do apologize.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1322444" timestamp="1352290633"]
What is wrong with the field? They haven't played a game there in 2 weeks! Can the superintendent make some pulls and fix it before Friday? Does SISD realize that you lose money during playoff games with a jacked up field?
[/quote]

The field has been in bad shape since week 0. The field has progressively gotten worse as the season moves on. It has never recovered from a few years ago in the slop game that Silsbee and WO-S played in '09.

Because of the condition of the field, Silsbee has no intention of hosting any playoff games.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1322486" timestamp="1352294970"]
Us Mustang fans accept your apology and humbly offer our own stadium Friday night to help you out in your time of need as our field is in great shape.  ;)
[/quote]

I honestly wish it was that simple.

When you see the field Friday night, you will understand what I am talking about. It may look decent from the bleachers, but walk out on the field and you will quickly see the "rodeo arena" conditions. :-[

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1322486" timestamp="1352294970"]
Us Mustang fans accept your apology and humbly offer our own stadium Friday night to help you out in your time of need as our field is in great shape.  ;)
[/quote]

lamo....... ;D ;D  Maybe they should just move to BH, we have turf.... ;) ;)

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1322506" timestamp="1352296157"]
Wow, that is crazy the '09 game did that much damage.  I remember it looking rough at the end of the game.
[/quote]

The field condition was compounded the very next week when Silsbee had to play Bridge City on that field in sloppy conditions.

Those two weeks doomed that field. Silsbee has been working very hard since then to get the field in decent shape. Just hasn't happened yet.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1322592" timestamp="1352301124"]
I think the Silsbee administation needs to get a crew out there between today and tomorrow. A winning program like Silsbee should have a better field to play on.
[/quote]

There is nothing the maintenance crew can do from now until Friday to make the field any better. It is what it is, sadly.

[quote name="speveto" post="1322627" timestamp="1352302753"]
If  I  were a Silsbee fam (and i`m  not) I  would stop thinking about "TURF".  You have a bigger problem. It`s  called  "THE CHAIN GANG".
[/quote]

if your kids get some sprained ankles heading into the playoffs, you'll be worried about the turf.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1322506" timestamp="1352296157"]
Wow, that is crazy the '09 game did that much damage.  I remember it looking rough at the end of the game.  It is ashame too, because it is a very nice stadium.
[/quote]

I agree, love the Silsbee stadium..wish our was more like it. Would love to have a mix of it and the Butch when we get a new stadium. How would the Silsbee parents ands school administration allow their kids to play on a field in this condition? Silsbee kids and fans as well as visitors deserve better.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="speveto" post="1322627" timestamp="1352302753"]
If  I  were a Silsbee fam (and i`m  not) I  would stop thinking about "TURF".  You have a bigger problem. It`s  called  "THE CHAIN GANG".
[/quote] ::) ::)

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1322731" timestamp="1352308462"]
Does the Middle schools play there too? If so I can see why it gets in bad shape at the end of the season.
[/quote]

All Silsbee ISD games are played at Tiger Stadium. Varsity, JV, freshmen, 8th A and B, 7th A and B.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1322737" timestamp="1352308686"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105882.msg1322731#msg1322731 date=1352308462]
Does the Middle schools play there too? If so I can see why it gets in bad shape at the end of the season.
[/quote]

All Silsbee ISD games are played at Tiger Stadium. Varsity, JV, freshmen, 8th A and B, 7th A and B.
[/quote]
If they plan on playing MS games there too, then they need to get turf. That's reason that most 4a schools and below go to turf. Maybe Silsbee will wake up and by turf for ya'll.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1322737" timestamp="1352308686"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105882.msg1322731#msg1322731 date=1352308462]
[/quote]

[/quote]Thats way to many games on the same field. The most cost effective thing would be to build a small stadium for under classmen! jmo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder