BEAUMONT OZEN AT NEDERLAND BROADCAST/Nederland wins 35-0!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1311302" timestamp="1351306103"]
Nederland in victory formation.  That should be the ball game

Nederland      35
Ozen              0    Final

That is Nederland's 15th straight district win!
[/quote]
Congrats...Thats impressive in this district.

Nederland's D line gets all of the pub, but the Dogs Offensive line has really been playing well this year.  Hopkins went over 1,000 yards on the season tonight and owes a lot of it to those guys up front.  When Nederland gets a lead Hopkins and that line take over and shorten the game.  Great game again tonight.

1          2            3          4          Total
Ozen        0          0            0          0            0
Nederland  7          14          14          0          35

Scoring summary
NED -- Carson Raines 7-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 5:22, 1st.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 1-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 8:52, 2nd.
NED -- Michael Shaw 36-yard pass from Carson Raines (Tanner Noel kick), 1:05, 2nd.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 23-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 7:41, 3rd.
NED -- Jordan Wood Fumble recovery (Tanner Noel kick), 5:59, 3rd.

Team Stats

Ozen                  Nederland
Total yards              127                    330
First downs                7                        15
Rushes/Yds            20/73                  39/240
Average rush          3.65                      6.15
Comp/Atts            7/15/3                  8/13/0
Pass yards              54                        90
Comp pct              46.67                  61.54
Fumbles/Lost          2/1                      1/1
Penalties-yards      5-25                    6-45

I was at this game.  Ozen looked outclassed severely.  On offense, Nederland did whatever  they wanted with the power running game for the most part.  The o- line dominated.  There were some hard hits administered by the bulldog secondary.  Besides the one long fun  from Jones from Ozen, they pretty much controlled the game.  Nederland's front 4 are not only big, but athletic.  I saw them run down several Ozen ball carriers going east to west.  The Ozen QB threw a few ints mostly  because he overthrew a reciever.  I would have expected a little more fight from Ozen and their staff.  They kept running the same plays that didn't work and the play that got Jones a 50 yard gain wasn't ran again (a common move of Beaumont football these days).  I believe it was a lot that Big Bed was holding back.  They kept it Vanilla,  was which was smart.  No need to show your hand vs. a nonplayoff team.  I wish you a good season, Nederland.  I see how good you are and I fully expect a deep playoff run from you.  That's why from this point forward, I'll be extra tough on you. ;)

[quote name="Razor" post="1312037" timestamp="1351354124"]
Nederland had the usual suspects play well last night but I wanted to throw out a couple more name of guys that played well...Sage Seay and Brandon Dial...these two young guys played some real good football last night
[/quote]
Dial is doing great, especially because he was not even the original starter.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1312049" timestamp="1351354459"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=105268.msg1312037#msg1312037 date=1351354124]
Nederland had the usual suspects play well last night but I wanted to throw out a couple more name of guys that played well...Sage Seay and Brandon Dial...these two young guys played some real good football last night
[/quote]
[/quote]

I wanted to give props to the guys that came in the 4th quarter.  White at QB,  Contreas, Barton, Barefield etc sounded like they did well last night. 

[quote name="Razor" post="1312074" timestamp="1351355490"]
Barrow teed up that Ozen receiver on the short pass and had a big block on Shaw's fourth down reception...Wood and Stampley were laying licks all night too...overall, just good, physical football
[/quote] I saw that 'hit stick' tackle and that bone crushing block.  I wouldn't have thought it was the same kid. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1312160" timestamp="1351357804"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=105268.msg1312074#msg1312074 date=1351355490]
Barrow teed up that Ozen receiver on the short pass and had a big block on Shaw's fourth down reception...Wood and Stampley were laying licks all night too...overall, just good, physical football
[/quote] I saw that 'hit stick' tackle and that bone crushing block.  I wouldn't have thought it was the same kid.
[/quote]
Yeah, It is hard sometimes because they lay the wood.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1312138" timestamp="1351357153"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=105268.msg1312049#msg1312049 date=1351354459]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=105268.msg1312037#msg1312037 date=1351354124]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I wanted to give props to the guys that came in the 4th quarter.  White at QB,  Contreas, Barton, Barefield etc sounded like they did well last night.
[/quote]

Agree that they looked good as well which is encouraging...we will need all hands on deck in order to be successful in the playoffs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476