West Hardin @ Colmesneil/Iola @ HD Predictions and Opinions

Guest Chance10

Guest Chance10
Personally, I think Colmesneil is going to roll over West Hardin. Colmesneil's QB is probably going to end up being the districts MVP when it's all said and done. Their O-line is very well coached and they don't reallly make a whole lot of mental errors. West Hardin pretty much relies on their QB number 3 and their tailback number 22 to carry their offense, and Colmesneil's defense is well disciplined and should be able to key on those guys and shut this team down. If Colmesneil protects the ball and doesn't commit penalties, they should win this one by 4 or 5 TD's.
The Iola and HD game is probably going to end up being one of those low scoring games where each team tries to pound each other. Both are very physical. HD has no threat to throw the football, so expect them to try and win this one pounding it in the trenches. Iola has a very athletic QB, but he doesn't really throw the ball well. HD should win in a close one.

[quote name="FootballFan12345" post="1309070" timestamp="1351133974"]
Personally, I think Colmesneil is going to roll over West Hardin. Colmesneil's QB is probably going to end up being the districts MVP when it's all said and done. Their O-line is very well coached and they don't reallly make a whole lot of mental errors. West Hardin pretty much relies on their QB number 3 and their tailback number 22 to carry their offense, and Colmesneil's defense is well disciplined and should be able to key on those guys and shut this team down. If Colmesneil protects the ball and doesn't commit penalties, they should win this one by 4 or 5 TD's.
The Iola and HD game is probably going to end up being one of those low scoring games where each team tries to pound each other. Both are very physical. HD has no threat to throw the football, so expect them to try and win this one pounding it in the trenches. Iola has a very athletic QB, but he doesn't really throw the ball well. HD should win in a close one.
[/quote]West Hardin has a few talented players left over from last years explosive team. Colmesneil's early schedule this year will hurt them, very weak schedule. I believe this game will be close, the team that has less turnovers wins.

WH 14
Colmesneil 12

Hull-Daisetta has the best player in the District at tailback, Darrell Lavalais. This District will get ripped up by Lavalais. It starts friday night. Ask the 2A teams we played about him.  ;) H-D has the biggest most physical players in District. Probably average 6'3 250lbs on both lines. Cook, Ken Lavalais, Stanley and Hopkins are huge. Iola has an explosive and smart QB. The Coach's son Martinez is a hard worker and student of the game. If he catches fire, long night for the Bobcats. Iola also has a big TE at 6'7 230lbs. I believe H-D's Coach Finney has his boys ready. Can't argue with his track record, everywhere he has been, his teams blow right through District. HD Nation! GO BOBCATS!

H-D 38
Iola 14

Guest Chance10
The kid from HD is a stud, there's no doubting that. But HD just seems too one-dimensional. They're definitely the front-runner to win the district right now, though. But watch Colmesneil. They're the only team in the district that can mix it up effectively on offense. They have a nice 1-2 punch with their tailbacks and they have one dominant receiver and two other guys that aren't slouches either. And their TE is pretty good too. And like I said, Colmesneil's QB is hands down the best in the district and an MVP candidate. Don't sleep on this team, they're legitimate contenders and I believe you will all see that on Friday night.

Guest Chance10
Matt Bailey is the QB. He's not very big, but I've seen him play twice. He's the real deal. Their running backs are 44 and 2. 44 is more power and 2 is their speed guy, they compliment each other very well.

[quote name="FootballFan12345" post="1309399" timestamp="1351184822"]
The kid from HD is a stud, there's no doubting that. But HD just seems too one-dimensional. They're definitely the front-runner to win the district right now, though. But watch Colmesneil. They're the only team in the district that can mix it up effectively on offense. They have a nice 1-2 punch with their tailbacks and they have one dominant receiver and two other guys that aren't slouches either. And their TE is pretty good too. And like I said, Colmesneil's QB is hands down the best in the district and an MVP candidate. Don't sleep on this team, they're legitimate contenders and I believe you will all see that on Friday night.
[/quote]

I can agree and respect that. Colmesneil will not be overlooked by any means. They have gotten better throughout the season and this is almost their whole entire team from last year. I think HD will win district, but Colmesneil and Iola are both better this year than expected.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder