Can Anybody Score On WOS??

Now those comments I made about shutting out the entire district look very real!
After Bridge City's beatdown by Jasper the only team with a chance to score IMO
Is silsbee. And I honestly think that won't happen to much speed for WOS defense.

Also for the 6 board members who made bets with me I'll be at spankeys at 12 to collect this weeks payments like we all agreed. And for those interested here is the format.

Teams such as HJ,Hamshire,Buna,Orangefield- have a standard bet of if they score a TD I. Owe you 50 bucks, if WOS shuts them out you owe me 30 bucks.

Teams such as Bridge City, And Silsbee, is even money they score you ow me 50 and vic verse.

1st and 2nd round playoff teams- if they score I owe you 30, if a shutout happns you owe me 50.

3rd round and beyond- if wos keeps them under 10 points you owe me 50 bucks, if not I owe you 50 bucks, BUT if WOS keeps them from scoring a TD you owe me 100 bucks!

Like I said before anybody is welcomed to join in, I already have collected from six pre-district non-believers

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1292890" timestamp="1349539019"]
Now those comments I made about shutting out the entire district look very real!
After Bridge City's beatdown by Jasper the only team with a chance to score IMO
Is silsbee. And I honestly think that won't happen to much speed for WOS defense.

Also for the 6 board members who made bets with me I'll be at spankeys at 12 to collect this weeks payments like we all agreed. And for those interested here is the format.

Teams such as HJ,Hamshire,Buna,Orangefield- have a standard bet of if they score a TD I. Owe you 50 bucks, if WOS shuts them out you owe me 30 bucks.

Teams such as Bridge City, And Silsbee, is even money they score you ow me 50 and vic verse.

1st and 2nd round playoff teams- if they score I owe you 30, if a shutout happns you owe me 50.

3rd round and beyond- if wos keeps them under 10 points you owe me 50 bucks, if not I owe you 50 bucks, BUT if WOS keeps them from scoring a TD you owe me 100 bucks!

Like I said before anybody is welcomed to join in, I already have collected from six pre-district non-believers
[/quote]

It's quotes and statements like this in a public forum that make sane/rational Mustang fans cringe. Instead of celebrating the accomplishments of a potentially great team an irresponsible fan decides to take a rather classless approach at glorification. I may be wrong, correct me if I am, but I don't remember other teams in other sports who dominate their competition making proclamations/predictions like the one above. Just not a smart thing to do in my opinion, and that's just an opinion. The main thing to remember like Skipper said is these are high school kids and anything can happen on Friday nights. With all that being said it seems more appropriate to watch and enjoy this talented team (because they are very talented) rather than put a bullseye on them or make them disliked due to misguided fan enthusiasm.

Respectfully
Rake1

It is so hard to get a shutout, a player could slip, there could be a tipped ball, a tuba player on the field, or someone perhaps better than we are. Yes, someone will score on us. You always strive for a shutout, but you don't get too disappointed when you don't. All that matters to me is when the game is over, we have more than the other team on the board.

Guest Air Bisquit
Like I said in a earlier thread, "It would not surprise me if Silsbee beat WO-S"
There are more games to play before those 2 teams meet.

Good luck 2 WO-S the rest of the way, until they play Silsbee.

Let me throw in that silsbee in fact should have shut outs, against orange feild silsbee's defense had them at 0 til the last quarter when then 2nd teams went in and even then OF had trouble until someone blew off a courage and they took off for 65 yards (just 1 play of the game for them and they scored), lets see .. against buna it should have been another shut out but silsbee's defense caught an interception at their own 2 yard line and the offense (using a rb as a qb, because he was out from a hip injury) had a miscommunication and buna got a safety, then in the last quarter with 1 min left also scored on the 2nd team defense, I believe silsbee is as equal as Wos IMO Wos could have the 4 or 5 D1 players on their defense but IF they keep their 1st team in their the whole game what do you expect? I BET silsbee would have shut out the whole district (because they could easily do it ..if they let their 1st team defense in) And have a head to head battle for 1st place in the last district game, and I promise silsbee WILL score and Wos will not rake up as many points as they have against others, Wos should keep focus game at a time instead of dreaming about what the future holds because it only takes one bad game and that's it, your out (playoff talking of course)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1292973" timestamp="1349544378"]
Like I said in a earlier thread, "It would not surprise me if Silsbee beat WO-S"

[/quote]you gonna make me post my prediction before week 10 arent you?  ;)

Rake and 77, I could careless if I get your point or not. This is a message board, where people come and make crazy statements, do they mean everyoen of them no! but its fun to do, and to see what other people think,  stop being so sensetive. And if you wanna bet message my inbox, other-wise stop being old farts its all in fun..

Also Geaux Tigers WOS PLAYERS arent looking ahead those kids are focused on one game at a time, once again this is a message board were FANS post, so people please stop making it seem like these are the thoughts of WO- players.

Im sure the kids in College could  care less about covering the spread, all they wanna do is win, but does that stop the bookies from taking bets?? NO

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1292985" timestamp="1349545217"]
Rake and 77, I could careless if I get your point or not. This is a message board, where people come and make crazy statements, do they mean everyoen of them no! but its fun to do, and to see what other people think,  stop being so sensetive. And if you wanna bet message my inbox, other-wise stop being old farts its all in fun..

Also Geaux Tigers WOS PLAYERS arent looking ahead those kids are focused on one game at a time, once again this is a message board were FANS post, so people please stop making it seem like these are the thoughts of WO- players.

Im sure the kids in College could  care less about covering the spread, all they wanna do is win, but does that stop the bookies from taking bets?? NO
[/quote]

KvilleCats alter ego = jkbtjc53 ;D

Rake and 77, I could careless if I get your point or not. This is a message board, where people come and [b]make crazy statements[/b], do they mean everyoen of them no! but its fun to do, and to see what other people think,  stop being so sensetive. And if you wanna bet message my inbox, other-wise stop being old farts its all in fun..

[/quote]

Glad you admitted that your comments classify as "crazy". Will keep that point in mind when you make any posts on this site. ;)

Folks, please disregard jkbtjc53's comments. Just "crazy fanatic" talk. ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292982" timestamp="1349545091"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=104261.msg1292973#msg1292973 date=1349544378]

[/quote]

Only if you want :P

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1292991" timestamp="1349545743"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104261.msg1292982#msg1292982 date=1349545091]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=104261.msg1292973#msg1292973 date=1349544378]

[/quote]

[/quote]i'll wait, i wanna see how Reed reacts to getting hit on that hip when he's back to being healthy.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292996" timestamp="1349545938"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=104261.msg1292991#msg1292991 date=1349545743]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104261.msg1292982#msg1292982 date=1349545091]

[/quote]

[/quote]i'll wait, i wanna see how Reed reacts to getting hit on that hip when he's back to being healthy.
[/quote]

Hearing now he may be back next week against BC.

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1292981" timestamp="1349544944"]
Let me throw in that silsbee in fact should have shut outs, against orange feild silsbee's defense had them at 0 til the last quarter when then 2nd teams went in and even then OF had trouble until someone blew off a courage and they took off for 65 yards (just 1 play of the game for them and they scored), lets see .. against buna it should have been another shut out but silsbee's defense caught an interception at their own 2 yard line and the offense (using a rb as a qb, because he was out from a hip injury) had a miscommunication and buna got a safety, then in the last quarter with 1 min left also scored on the 2nd team defense, I believe silsbee is as equal as Wos IMO Wos could have the 4 or 5 D1 players on their defense but IF they keep their 1st team in their the whole game what do you expect? I BET silsbee would have shut out the whole district (because they could easily do it ..if they let their 1st team defense in) And have a head to head battle for 1st place in the last district game, and I promise silsbee WILL score and Wos will not rake up as many points as they have against others, Wos should keep focus game at a time instead of dreaming about what the future holds because it only takes one bad game and that's it, your out (playoff talking of course)
[/quote] I watched LCM play against Silsbee and WOS. It is blasphemy to even compare the two defenses. No way is Silsbee in the same league as WOS.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1292997" timestamp="1349546141"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104261.msg1292996#msg1292996 date=1349545938]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=104261.msg1292991#msg1292991 date=1349545743]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hearing now he may be back next week against BC.
[/quote] from a hip pointer? i wouldnt bring him back until after the bye week. its not like BC is a super power, 2 weeks rest then bring him back for the HF game.

[/quote]

I rest my case! Thanks for clarifying your stance and lack of reason for all those who read this board.

Rake1

[quote name="LCMGrad" post="1293004" timestamp="1349546678"]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=104261.msg1292981#msg1292981 date=1349544944]
[/quote] I watched LCM play against Silsbee and WOS. It is blasphemy to even compare the two defenses. No way is Silsbee in the same league as WOS.
[/quote]You may Be Right But we are in a league above LCM. ;) 8) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476